Sick of being single :)

2»

Replies

• scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    So yeah... still single. About 10 match.com dates so far. All first dates, because not one of them I wanted to have a second date with.

I'm in the same boat. A bunch of first dates and no seconds. About 90% of the time I'm the one who bails after the first date. The number one reason why is because of inaccurate photos. I just have a hard time meeting someone who looks completely different than their photos. It's not about their appearance, it's about the deceit. I put dates on each of my photos and always have at least 1 full body photo that's less than 1 month old on my profile.

I went on a date last weekend with someone who had photos at least 5 years old. The next day she called me and wanted to go out again. I told her I had fun but we weren't a match and said she nowhere near resembled her pictures. She called me shallow and said I should look past her looks. I told her I would've went out with her with her current appearance. That wasn't the issue. The issue was she was deceiving.

I agree completely about the deceit with the pictures. I wonder what people really think will happen when they meet up, their sparkling personality or charm will sweep you off your feet???? LOL
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    So yeah... still single. About 10 match.com dates so far. All first dates, because not one of them I wanted to have a second date with.

I'm in the same boat. A bunch of first dates and no seconds. About 90% of the time I'm the one who bails after the first date. The number one reason why is because of inaccurate photos. I just have a hard time meeting someone who looks completely different than their photos. It's not about their appearance, it's about the deceit. I put dates on each of my photos and always have at least 1 full body photo that's less than 1 month old on my profile.

I went on a date last weekend with someone who had photos at least 5 years old. The next day she called me and wanted to go out again. I told her I had fun but we weren't a match and said she nowhere near resembled her pictures. She called me shallow and said I should look past her looks. I told her I would've went out with her with her current appearance. That wasn't the issue. The issue was she was deceiving.

I agree completely about the deceit with the pictures. I wonder what people really think will happen when they meet up, their sparkling personality or charm will sweep you off your feet???? LOL

That's a big pet peeve of mine! 5 years is even shorter than what i've seen - i've seen 10 - 20 years! these ppl are NUTS!!! like you guys/gals, I put current pics out there and expect the same. and as you guys have stated it's about deceit. What else are they lying about??? So Pelton, I agree... there is a local radio show called Blown Off... I'm waiting for them to call me and for me to ask them: which one called you??? LOL! and the reason might very well be about the picture. might be other reasons but the picture is high up there!

Scrapolooza... I also agree with your earlier comment, at my age (47), even though I want to eventually find someone, I decided to just relax and enjoy my time with the guys. not take it so seriously. if something turns serious, so be it, if not, we're having fun in the process!
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    I have been single for 3 years. I have dated a lot but cannot seem to find the one. I have a few theories on this but believe it happens when we spent so much time looking for our perfect match, we seem to pass up many good people. I'm guilty of it and trying to change.

I get ya, I seem to have 'fallen' into my past relationships, but being 47 & a single has changed everything. I don't know why I am actually trying to 'look' for someone. I have started just having fun, it will happen. :)

Do you think something is missing from life even though you are having fun? I'm having a blast but at the end of the day, my head hits the pillow alone.
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    cicibeanz wrote: »
    I'm not one of those people who can't go a week without a relationship...if I were, I'd be royally screwed...but I've been single for nearly 8 years now and it's beginning to wear on me. I just turned 30 and I see my peers getting married and having children left and right, and I can't help but wish I were in the same spot or at least moving toward it. The day-to-day experience of being single still doesn't bother me, but I'm worried that I'm going to wake up and ten more years will have passed with no change.

This is obviously not be trying a make a fantastic first impression on all of the eligible bachelors in here...it's just me venting about stuff I almost never talk about. Hope that's all right. :)

I've been single for at least 8 years too and I totally feel your pain!!! Fortunately, I'm pretty independent and I stay busy with work and school and friends....but I'm really tired of always being single and missing out on fun couple things!
  • sugarcreekwalker
    sugarcreekwalker Posts: 26 Member
    Sick of being single, and I can semi-prove it. My profile is open and not closed to outsiders.
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    I'm turning 30 next month and I'm tired of being single. Maybe if I actually went on dates it wouldn't be so bad, but I haven't gone on a single date since my last boyfriend broke up with me a year ago. we had only dated for about 4 months. Before that, I hadn't been on a date in two years since the previous boyfriend of four months broke up with me. Before that? *shudder* I had gone 4 years with out a date. And every date I've ever been on has only been just that: one date. Twice I got to the whole second date thing which turned into a four month relationship. Both of those ended because "I'm a great friend."

Yeah, I'm a great friend, but I'M AN AWESOME GIRLFRIEND! :(
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Wish I could offer hope, but I'm running out. I'm 42, never married, no kids (have wanted both my entire life) and have been relegated to second class citizen by most of my family and friends. I've made every effort to try to meet men (blind dates, online dating- both paid and free types, I even went through a matchmaking service-still paying this one off- and nothing... My pictures range from three years old to current (all are dated as well). I swear I need to start going out with a bag over my head or something.

I haven't stopped doing things because of it, I'm still living my life, it's just becoming more and more lonely
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm turning 30 next month and I'm tired of being single. Maybe if I actually went on dates it wouldn't be so bad, but I haven't gone on a single date since my last boyfriend broke up with me a year ago. we had only dated for about 4 months. Before that, I hadn't been on a date in two years since the previous boyfriend of four months broke up with me. Before that? *shudder* I had gone 4 years with out a date. And every date I've ever been on has only been just that: one date. Twice I got to the whole second date thing which turned into a four month relationship. Both of those ended because "I'm a great friend."

Yeah, I'm a great friend, but I'M AN AWESOME GIRLFRIEND! :(

This is me too!! I go on maybe 6 dates a YEAR. Everyone thinks I'm great, all of my gay and married guy friends think I'd be an amazing catch (thanks married guys!), and even the guys I date seem to think I'm just about the best thing ever. Until about 4 days after the date, when they suddenly forget my number. Ugh!
  • April_Marie85
    April_Marie85 Posts: 118 Member
    amwbox wrote: »
    I've been single for just over a year now. Got cheated on by 3 consecutive significant others with whom I was in long term relationships with.

So....compared to that, being single hasn't yet started to seem all that bad. =) Time will tell.
    I've been single now for 4 years, but was married for 8 years with an A-hole that cheated on me so many times I lost count, and before him i was cheated on by other boyfriends I had. So i know what you mean by being single doesnt seem all that bad! LOL

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    No worries about the venting- that's what we're here for... though I will say I didn't start attracting healthy partners until I got myself together and was happy being single. Yes, I wanted to have a man in my life, but unhealthy and unhappy attracts unhealthy and unhappy. And you know the saying "hurt people hurt people." So I was attracting people into my life that hurt me- over and over.

And by "getting myself together," I'm not talking about losing weight- I actually met my husband at my highest "normal" weight ever and am about to have a baby. I'm talking about getting my head right so that I love myself and treat myself with the same care and compassion as i treat others. I'm talking about doing nice things for myself and taking the best care of my body that I can given injury and health constraints.

I am happy now being married for 8 months, but I as ALSO very happy being single those last couple years of single-ness. My first marriage taught me "It is better to be single than miserably married."
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    I really don't want to be single anymore. I'm 40... I have a great job, never been married, no kids (not sure what went wrong) this isn't how I wanted my life to go.... feeling lonely in Ontario :(
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    This is an old thread, but I see new comments, so....

I've been single for 8 years and I'm ok with that. I have a deal-breaker that has been a deal-breaker since before I was an adult and dating. But it is extremely difficult to find someone that fits within that deal-breaker, so I settled eventually. I should have known better, but was desperate. I learned and won't make the same mistake again. So I remind myself that I would rather be single and lonely than attached to the wrong person and miserable.

Some would tell themselves that the right person will come along someday. That's a fairy tale, and I'm not naive enough to believe such nonsense. I may be single for the rest of my life, and I'm fine with that. If I get lucky and find someone compatible, that is great... but unexpected.