logging exercise?

kirianna55
kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
I know it says you're not supposed to log any walking exercises,but how do you log things like weight lifting where it can't get an accurate read. I tried logging things earlier today and just added it to the total it already felt I had burned. It said I was walking when I was really doing something else and burning a different amount of calories. Like today I sat at my desk and did a lot of talking and typing for 4 hours but somehow I managed to walk 12000 steps. I didn't think that was possible. I just turn the sensitivity down to lowest setting I hope that helps but I don't know how much more accurate it will be.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    You manually log the exercises that Fitbit can't accurately track. That's the whole point of logging—to tell Fitbit what you were doing.

As I said in your other two threads about the 12,000 steps when you were typing—contact Fitbit customer service. They'll walk you through the troubleshooting and replace your tracker if it's defective.
  • kirianna55
    Thanks, I contacted them. I also turned my fitbit to the dominant hand in settings because that makes it less sensitive. I am waiting to hear back from them.
  • kirianna55
    They told me basically that if I don't want inaccuracies with my steps, then don't move my hands or do anything like that. I am returning it and looking for something better that isn't a glorified pedometer.