Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Tracking Body Fat, Not Just Weight...

Philosophica82Philosophica82 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
It would be great if MFP would allow for tracking Body Fat Percentage in the progress section instead of just weight and measurements.
edited January 2015

Replies

• queenliz99queenliz99 Member Posts: 15,358 Member Member Posts: 15,358 Member
    It's there under other measurements
  • CyberToneCyberTone Member Posts: 7,453 Member Member Posts: 7,453 Member
    On the Web version, navigate to My Home > Check-In > Track Additional Measurements
    In the Add Another Measurement field, type in a descriptive name, such as "Body Fat Percentage" and click Add Measurement.
    icad3n0owpxz.jpg
  • brianpperkinsbrianpperkins Member Posts: 6,124 Member Member Posts: 6,124 Member
    The biggest issue with tracking bf% is accurately measuring it.
  • FatFreeFrolickingFatFreeFrolicking Member Posts: 4,252 Member Member Posts: 4,252 Member

Hydrostatic and DEXA. Bodpod is alright too.
  • zenaxezenaxe Member Posts: 203 Member Member Posts: 203 Member
    I have a bathroom scale that reads it but I don't really know how accurate it is overall....and I have calipers but I can't seem to get anything solid there either. I guess it will be fat, less fat, lean and using the mirror haha
  • brianpperkinsbrianpperkins Member Posts: 6,124 Member Member Posts: 6,124 Member

Hydrostatic and DEXA. Bodpod is alright too.

True .. but how many of us have one of those in our bathroom? The electrical impedance systems are in accurate, calipers can be good if the person wielding them knows what they're doing ... beyond that ...
This discussion has been closed.