Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Spam posts - reduce number of flag posts to remove spam post

tiptoethruthetulipstiptoethruthetulips Member, Greeter, Premium Posts: 3,074 Member Member, Greeter, Premium Posts: 3,074 Member
Currently five spam flags are required to remove spam posts for moderation. Quite often posts sit at 3 or 4 spam flags for quite a while and are not removed.

I would like to propose that in order for spam to be removed quickly that there only be three spam flags required to remove a post for moderation.

At the moment the boards are being flooded with spam, some of the spam bots are reaching up to 15 posts or more with none or only a few being removed because of the five spam flag requirement.
edited January 2015

Replies

• FuzzipegFuzzipeg Member Posts: 1,955 Member Member Posts: 1,955 Member
    Possibly reducing the number of flags might help but perhaps we should all do our bit and just look through the posts when we log in and flag those we should not see.
  • Alatariel75Alatariel75 Member Posts: 17,806 Member Member Posts: 17,806 Member
    Or, gasp - MFP could stop putting the onus on their members and actually have a half decent 'real person' check on sign up or any of a myriad of methods for stopping spammers before they even hit the boards (catchpa for your first 10 posts, visual confirms on sign up etc etc)
  • tiptoethruthetulipstiptoethruthetulips Member, Greeter, Premium Posts: 3,074 Member Member, Greeter, Premium Posts: 3,074 Member
    I agree...but seeing as that wasn't already incorporated into the recent forum updates I can't see it happening any time soon.

haha, so Fuzzipeg and I have been flagged for spam on this thread, shame people were not so quick to flag the real spam... :D
This discussion has been closed.