New Year's Resolution: No more Soda!

I decided to give up soda, both regular and diet. I haven't had a sip since New Year's Eve....I wish I could say it's easy, but the caffeine headaches are no joke. I feel less bloated already, that has to be a good sign, right?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Good luck to you. What have you been substituting in place of them?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Good luck- soda can be a hard thing to kick. I used seltzer water when I stopped drinking soda (sodium free) and that seemed to help in a pinch if I wanted something bubbly. May help :)
  • ksmalls013
    ksmalls013 Posts: 25 Member
    I gave up soda for two years. I found easing myself off of soda with Crystal Light and teas really helped. Eventually I cut out the Crystal Light and stuck to herbal and iced tea. I am also in the process of giving up soda again! Good luck.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    I have been soda free for just over two years, something I never thought would happen since I was seriously addicted to it. Expect to hit a wall at one week, one month, three months, and one year (though after the first week these walls are just mental not physical). I occasionally drink Sparkling Ice since its zero calories and caffeine free. Some of the flavors are gross but I love the cherry limeade
  • PattieCakes25
    PattieCakes25 Posts: 30 Member
    I've been gradually taking myself off Coke and all soda since New Years Day.
    I used to drink up to 3-4 cans a day, sometimes more. Now I'm down to one small cup at work. It's hard for me to add things to my water because it gives me terrible heartburn for some reason. I usually have the small cup around lunch time and that's it. At dinner I'll have tea or juice. Then for the rest of the day its water.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Trying myself, good luck!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Good luck to you. What have you been substituting in place of them?

Water....lots and lots of water. I have one small cup of coffee in the morning and that's it on caffeine.