I'm addicted and I need help...

To coffee. With cream and sugar. :) I honestly can give up/cut back on anything but my coffee with cream and sugar. I can use Truvia, if need be but I have yet to find an alternative to my coffee creamer. I typically just use the powder stuff. Any suggestions? TIA! =)

Replies

• gagnon9691
    gagnon9691 Posts: 75 Member
    I was just wondering how everyone else drinks their coffee as I was making mine this morning. I doubt I will give up on the cream and sugar but I have definitely cut way back on the sugar from where I was a few years ago. I use to put 4 spoons of sugar in and then I cut down to 2 spoons and just this morning I decided to go down to 1, it's not that bad. I don't use much cream so I'm not too worried about cutting back there.

I guess I don't really have any suggestions besides just taking a little out at a time and getting used to the taste.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Have you tried weening back slowly? I had to do this. Every week I just put a little less creamer in my coffee until I started drinking it black with 1 sugar. Surprisingly I really started to like the taste of coffee- I just have to remember to let it cool down a bit.
  • I had to go cold turkey. I was drinking way to much, and when I didn't have it I was a cranky old man lol. But if your just looking for a creamer try almond milk or soy creamer!
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Many will say as long as it fits in your macros, it's fine. I was addicted to international delight southern butter pecan. Each morning it added 140 calories and 24 carbs and lots of sugar. I stopped cold turkey and now drink it black with 1 stevia... Totally used to it now.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Milk?
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I drink coffee with sugar, real sugar, And half and half. I make it fit in with my calorie goals.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    I'm addicted, too..but just to coffee. It doesn't have to be prepared any particular way as long as it's good coffee. I'm currently drinking it with heavy cream to help with my macros. I have cut it before but always end up drinking it again.

I would just cut back in other areas in order to meet your goals if that is the one thing you can't cut out. Enjoy your coffee!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    How many calories are you calculating for it? If not too much and you really love it, I wouldn't worry. Otherwise, try just reducing gradually, as someone said above. It was pretty easy for me to go from milky coffee to black, but that was years ago.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    I drink my coffee black. Good coffee doesn't need anything extra.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    why is everything an addiction and not just a will power issue…sheesh….
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,869 Member
    Yes, cream from Tim Hortons has crack in it, apparently......it could be a trend.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    OP - if you did not get your coffee fix …would you pick up a gun and rob the nearest convenience store for money/coffee to fulfill your "caffeine" fix; or would you go rummage through a dumpster for coffee grounds? If not, then you are not addicted and just need to learn self control.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    If you're not after the caffeine try roasted dandelion root tea. It taste a lot like coffee and in fact many ex-coffee drinkers have switched to it. It has no caffeine and the benefit is that is it detoxifying/cleansing.
  • neanderthin
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    My cappuccino says otherwise.

• neanderthin
    edited January 2015
    LAMCDylan wrote: »
    If you're not after the caffeine try roasted dandelion root tea. It taste a lot like coffee and in fact many ex-coffee drinkers have switched to it. It has no caffeine and the benefit is that is it detoxifying/cleansing.
    scram buster we're talking coffee here, not no damn tea.

• caseym87
    caseym87 Posts: 26 Member
    I use Hood Country Creamer. It's totally unnatural, but it's 15 calories per tablespoon, and it makes coffee really creamy. https://www.hood.com/products/country-creamer/
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    measure out what you want to use, and make it fit into your day. I like my coffee really milky/creamy so I use either almond milk when I am losing weight (30 cals per cup) or lowfat milk when I am in maintenance (100 cals per cup)
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2015
    Laurend224 wrote: »

It's all a matter of taste.

I don't take sugar in my coffee but I will take a splash of milk. I will only drink black coffee if I am some where and there is no milk and I honestly don't even drink the entire cup because I don't like the way it tastes. Also the milk cools it down a bit for me. I don't like eating or drinking extremely hot things.

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    I'm not ever going to give up coffee with cream and sugar. That is completely out of the question. I just have one a day (sometimes two) - and I measure out the cream and sugar. I gave up a lot of things but my daily coffee is non-negotiable.
  • Tmdesir
    Tmdesir Posts: 68 Member
    I love my coffee as well. Lately cause I've really been trying to be "better" I've been drinking it black. When I want a treat I will use the sugar free flavored coffee creamers, they're pretty good and I don't need to add anything else with it.