Gym Attire for Women

Replies

• Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Yoga pants are a gift from the heavens

drool.gif
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    if any of you guys REALLY weren't judging, this thread wouldn't exist. How about you go to the gym to work out and not worry about what other ppl are doing or wearing or not wearing? Or, if you're unable to accept that women are occasionally out of their burkas, try working out at home.
  • motorola10
    motorola10 Posts: 76 Member
    yoovie wrote: »
    it's a gymnasium.

a building or room designed and equipped for indoor sports, exercise, or physical education.

attire worn is for agility, close fitted for safety reasons, sweat wicking, etc.

the people there are thoroughly preoccupied with sports, exercise or other physical activity. Sweaty, focused, consumed with ability and performance and getting better and stronger and fighting the demons in their minds.

It's not a party, not a professional workplace environment, not a runway show or a social venue.

I dont care if you can see my panty lines.

If my pantylines distract you, or if my chest-to-calves black and neon spandex is going to distract you, try turning your brain inwards and focusing really hard on the actual task at hand, the stuff gyms were made for.

Best of luck!

I agree with Yoovie. Most are just trying to workout and def not focused on a "hookup". I also agree with her statement about being worn for agility, close fitted for safety and moisture wicking. Thank goodness people have liberty to dress how the prefer. A lot of women were yoga pants, leggings for comfort. As far as grunting at the gym. Some strength training is heavy exertion, you might hear that. If it tends to distract you wear headphones. Every individual at the gym is unique and that's ok.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    I wore the same swimsuit to the pool for months, until one day after getting out of the pool I walked past a mirror and realized that it had spontaneously deteriorated---
    Stepped out of that one and threw it in the trash immediately. Couldn't swim for a few days until I found another.
  • Dumbbell69
    Dumbbell69 Posts: 199 Member
    it's a gymnasium.

a building or room designed and equipped for indoor sports, exercise, or physical education.

attire worn is for agility, close fitted for safety reasons, sweat wicking, etc.

the people there are thoroughly preoccupied with sports, exercise or other physical activity. Sweaty, focused, consumed with ability and performance and getting better and stronger and fighting the demons in their minds.

It's not a party, not a professional workplace environment, not a runway show or a social venue.

If my pantylines distract you, or if my chest-to-calves black and neon spandex is going to distract you, try turning your brain inwards and focusing really hard on the actual task at hand, the stuff gyms were made for.

Best of luck!

Well said.
  • TMski1000
    TMski1000 Posts: 48 Member
    I don't think that it is intentional -- I try to do the bend over and squat test to make sure there is no see thru action going on.. usually that means that the pants are too small or just a cheap material ;)
  • TMski1000
    TMski1000 Posts: 48 Member
    Clothing isn't as distracting to me as much as the guys lifting weights and bellowing like a whale. Sometimes I fear they are getting hurt and need help but then it turns out they just like to "exhale" as loud as they can.

HAHAHA this made me laugh!!

• laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    I don't notice what most people wear at the gym. I don't care. But, I will tell you that the day I looked down mid-rep and realized my yoga pants were a bit see-through? Well, I was mortified. It's well-known that yoga pants have had some quality control issues lately, and I always figure that's the problem when I see a see-through pair. Or maybe the person just wanted to be comfy and wear clothes that wick away the sweat. Who knows?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    How exactly does a whale bellow?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Clothing isn't as distracting to me as much as the guys lifting weights and bellowing like a whale. Sometimes I fear they are getting hurt and need help but then it turns out they just like to "exhale" as loud as they can.

You must not ever have tested a max lift before.

Jeez, I'm glad I work out at home.
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

When you got something on the bar that is heavy you are going to breath and you might exhale very loud. It happens.

I agree that they might exhale very loud. A funny thing happened to me....I was at the gym working out on the butterfly when a rather tall and big/bulky guy got on the machine next to me. OMG! He was exhaling like there was no tomorrow. I asked my SO to tell me how much weight he had on the machine. LOL! He had 55 pounds - the same as I did! Every time I see him now I have a chuckle! ;)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited January 2015
    I get really hot in my gym so most days I just go in my bikini(not really, but I wish I could) I suppose some people are just more comfortable in their own skin! We're all human, we wear underwear, go to the bathroom etc so what if some underwear or skin is showing. I love seeing skin and nice bodies on men AND women at my gym, it's inspiring. but to say that women who wear thin or revealing gym wear to 'pull guys' is so sad!! What's wrong with yers?
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

When you got something on the bar that is heavy you are going to breath and you might exhale very loud. It happens.

Yeah, it's called effort. Not everyone does it.
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

I pushed an 8lb baby out a small hole and didn't make that noise
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I guarantee most do not realize their yoga pants are see through. Since yoga pants are typically made from flat, stretchy fabric with no extra give in the booty, cheaper/thinner brands become see through only from the back or only from bending over. This can be exacerbated by 1. washing them 2. gaining weight.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pulling someone aside and saying, "Hey just so you know.. when you bend over, your pants go a bit transparent. I just saw your underwear. I just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't." Think of it as telling someone they have a bit of food stuck in their teeth. If they care, it's good information to have. If they don't care, you were just trying to be helpful.
  • PMA150
    PMA150 Posts: 43 Member
    I guess that's just not something that bothers me. If I see a fit person wearing skimpy workout clothes I think, I wish I looked like that. And if someone's pants were see though and it bothered me I'd probably stop staring at their @ss. Personally I wouldn't intentionally wear see through pants, I bet most don't realize they are.
  • Driven70
    Driven70 Posts: 3 Member
    it's a gymnasium.

Best of luck!

^^^THIS!!!^^^
  • NurseandMom1981
    NurseandMom1981 Posts: 101 Member
    I honestly while working out yesterday checked out the chick in front of me. Her butt was fabulous and honestly I wanted it. Not like to touch it but to have mine look like that. It didn't bother me it just gave me motivation to have mine look like that.
  • babyseal_24
    babyseal_24 Posts: 26 Member
    I've noticed that yoga pants aren't designed for women who have a decently large butt (like myself) and there's nothing we can do about the whole bending-over-turns-it-see-through thing unless we go up enough sizes until they fall off. So I don't wear them out of the house (unless I'm traveling). I am, however, very guilty of the booty-hanging-out thing. My thighs are too large for running shorts to be comfortable, so I'm stuck with the ones that just kind of let everything hang out, and they tend to ride up. I am aware of it, and I don't do it for attention. I just do it because my options are limited. But hey, if you're going to stare at my sweaty butt, go for it. I'll just think you're checking me out and take it as a compliment, if I'm even paying attention. :)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

I pushed an 8lb baby out a small hole and didn't make that noise

B)B)