Hello from South Carolina!!

Options
kellch
kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
Hello, I'm 29 years old and have been overweight for the last 6-7 years. (ever since I stopped waiting tables and started my sit-down job) I work from 7am to 5pm Mon thru Fri. It's tough to stick to a diet sometimes. But this site has been pretty helpful so far. I was really keepin track and doing well until Thanksgiving. I got off the diet (a little bit...still kinda sorta kept track of calories and kept walking) and I'm ready to get back on and stay on. I'm sick of going shopping and only leaving with shoes or pants. I can never fit into any of the shirts I like (except t-shirts of course). Luckily during these past couple of months I didnt gain any weight but I didnt lose any either. So time to get serious and lose this back and belly fat...LOL :laugh: I want to feel better for myself...and of course look sexy :heart: for my boyfriend :heart: : :flowerforyou: So It's time to get serious about this. When I was on here before I didnt really chat with anyone I just did the whole food/exercise diary. Maybe if I do this part too it'll make this site more addicting, in return, making the diet more addicting.....Anyone got pointers for a sitdown job? I get hungry only eating 1200 calories a day. They go quick!!! And I get bored sometimes too. So sometimes I eat when I really don't need to. And now that I'm on a diet and know that I cant eat, it bothers me even more....I love food!!! :mad:

Replies

• kellch
    Options
    Hello, I'm 29 years old and have been overweight for the last 6-7 years. (ever since I stopped waiting tables and started my sit-down job) I work from 7am to 5pm Mon thru Fri. It's tough to stick to a diet sometimes. But this site has been pretty helpful so far. I was really keepin track and doing well until Thanksgiving. I got off the diet (a little bit...still kinda sorta kept track of calories and kept walking) and I'm ready to get back on and stay on. I'm sick of going shopping and only leaving with shoes or pants. I can never fit into any of the shirts I like (except t-shirts of course). Luckily during these past couple of months I didnt gain any weight but I didnt lose any either. So time to get serious and lose this back and belly fat...LOL :laugh: I want to feel better for myself...and of course look sexy :heart: for my boyfriend :heart: : :flowerforyou: So It's time to get serious about this. When I was on here before I didnt really chat with anyone I just did the whole food/exercise diary. Maybe if I do this part too it'll make this site more addicting, in return, making the diet more addicting.....Anyone got pointers for a sitdown job? I get hungry only eating 1200 calories a day. They go quick!!! And I get bored sometimes too. So sometimes I eat when I really don't need to. And now that I'm on a diet and know that I cant eat, it bothers me even more....I love food!!! :mad:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hi....I find that drinking lots of water and having lots of cut up fruits and veggies around helps to get through the day cause I just snack all afternoon instead ogf having one big lunch.....and make sure to eat a quality breakfast to jump start the metabolism!
  • kellch
    Options
    Thanks...Maybe I'll try that. I've been trying cereal in the morning and a lean cuisine lunch. But it's just not enough to keep me full. I end up eating chips by the end of the day and feeling guilty about it. :angry: And maybe I'll have to start bringing bottled water instead of diet soda...LOL Thanks for the advice :smile:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey! Where in SC are you? I'm near Clemson. :drinker:

I have a Slim-Fast for breakfast with a piece of fruit and then a granola bar snack at 10:30. I normally have a lean-cuisine or healthy choice meal for lunch with a piece of fruit and then another granola bar around 3:00. When I get home, I still have 1000 calories to spend on dinner. I also keep a 20 oz. water bottle on my desk and drink three of them throughout the day.

7-5 is a seriously long day so I understand why it's hard to have time to exercise. I've managed to get up at 6:00 and get to the gym before work, but then I only work from 7:30 to somewhere between 3:30 and 5:00 most days. If I didn't go to the gym in the morning, I'd never get there.
  • abarney
    Options
    Good Luck! For sure drink lots of water it keeps you feeling full and raises your metabolism!! Also remember to eat every 3-4 hours an apple, cup of carrots, even a pack of those 100 calorie packs are great!! Stay motivated is a HUGE key!! :)
  • kellch
    Options
    Greenville...I have problems getting to work on time so going to the gym before work is probably out of the question...LOL :laugh: But I do take my dog for a 10 minute walk in the morning. And then an hour walk at night. Along with my 30 minute aerobic exercise 3 times a week(mon, wed, fri) and then I do sit ups/pushups/strength training stuff 2 days a week. (tues, thurs) I just have to stick to it. I always do good for a couple weeks and then stop. :mad: It's just tough. Between 50 hr work week, all of those workouts, cleaning, cooking...no time for myself. :drinker: So I guess I'll have to designate a day where its just all me. No cooking, cleaning, dog walking, nothing. Maybe Sundays :smile: I've tried those meal bars and they just dont make me feel full. I brought broccoli, carrots, and celery in today to munch on (intead of chips) and a lean cuisine for lunch. Breakfast, I had an apple. Its 10:21 am and I'm already hungry :laugh: But I'll be ok. I stocked up on bottled water. I hear if you drink enough it'll make you feel full. (just too many trips to the bathroom :tongue: )
  • kellch
    Options
    Oh yeah...I love the 100 calori packs :laugh: Thanks everyone for all the advise. I'm gonna do this. I'm too young to let myself go and I am gonna get back in shape before it gets too far out of control...:wink:
  • kellch
    Options
    Oh, and I'm trying to quit smoking too!!:huh: It's not easy. So between diet and no more nicotine...I'm really havin fun :noway: It's ok I can do it and it'll pay off in the end....No Pain No Gain :bigsmile: