How to enjoy exercise and be consistent with it?

queenierz
queenierz Posts: 210 Member
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys. My story is kind of weird; during summer 2014, I was addicted to lifting and intense exercises till the point I almost got 4 packs- I know a lot of how to eat clean and stuff. Then everything went down because I started college first year and I stopped exercising, eat rubbish foods, drinkings, and then boom, after three months I came back I gained 10 kilograms!! So, this christmas break, I went on a massive diet by eating less and exercising, and in two weeks and a half, I lost about 4-5 kilograms (no I didn't starve myself or anything). Now, my break is almost over, and I have to go back to university. However, I found out that I am not as "fit" as before with exercising, and now I've hated exercises so much that each time I have to exercise I was moody and see it as a burden. I dont' know if it's because of I have to exercise alone or whatsoever.
I want to know how can I enjoy exercising again like before? Do you guys exercise with friends or alone?

Replies

• queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Thank you; you're right though, but the ones that I enjoy such as wakeboarding, dancing, are quite challenging to do in college :P I usually hate the cardio workouts that are intense , even though they burn a lot... I'll try to find something else I like. Thank you again ;)
    you have to find one you like if it is a burden you wont do it. I always wanted to be a lifter and a runner. I tried so hard. I loved the results from both. You know what? I HATED IT. I dreaded going tot he gym to do my workouts!!!

You know what i DO enjoy? Long slow walks through the woods with my dog, 3-12 miles is nothing for me, bike rides, hiking mountains, in the winter, yoga videos.

It has to be something you like.

Good luck.

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    you might feel better as you get into a routine and you find yourself getting fitter each week. i have not found anything i like to do, i just exercise for the benefits. I exercise alone as i find i would spend too much time talking with my work out partner.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    I agree with finding something you like.

Even if they burn a lot, doing exercises you detest may ultimately result in less of a burn if you don't continue to do them!

I did couch to 5k and loathed it, but it did give me a bit of cardiovascular fitness and the confidence to find activities that I did like.

Unless it's family hill walking or having them in a canoe alongside me when I swim, I exercise alone. I've never tried it with someone else because of childcare and my friends/hsuband either have very different exercises and fitness or don't exercise at all.