Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    It is a funny contrast. Most guys at the gym are in shorts and a t-shirt. Most women are in skin tight outfits, the shortest possible shorts, no shirt with just a sports bras if they're slim enough. I think it's just a product of the programming our society has done. In any case you're not going to get a real answer out of anyone. You'll get the stock "I dress this way because it's comfortable."

the athletic tights are becoming vogue for men- I see several of them wearing them at my gym. I think they realize it actually IS comfortable.

shrug- I do think it's quiet possible to be conditioned- what's acceptable and what you find comfortable.

As a woman- most of our clothing IS fitted- so we find it comfortable- we live in it essentially. Men's cloth's- even when properly tailored is not form fitting.

Speaking to the power of conditioning, I wear tights when I work out in the winter. I wear my gym shorts over them though since no one wants to see a 230lbs guy in a skin tight anything. I do this even though I work out alone in my garage. The weight/fitness range for women wearing skin tight clothing is a lot more flexible. If you're a guy sporting tights you better be ripped or you're in trouble.

Actually I used to wear my football under armour leggings to the gym when I was 240. Only person to complain was my mom before I left. I am far from ripped. More so back then. I am sure people might of complained. NO one to my face though.

Also I used to do long duration of cardio, 60 minutes sometimes 75 minutes on the ellitpitcal, where my nipples would start to bleed. I see nothing wrong with tight fit clothing.

This is a genuine questions, I promise: why would your nipples bleed?

friction from their shirts during long runs or long sessions on a cardio machine. really common.

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2015
    No men in tights pic?

Here. Be glad it's side view. ;-)

ManInTights2.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    um
  • runner475
    yoovie wrote: »
    It is a funny contrast. Most guys at the gym are in shorts and a t-shirt. Most women are in skin tight outfits, the shortest possible shorts, no shirt with just a sports bras if they're slim enough. I think it's just a product of the programming our society has done. In any case you're not going to get a real answer out of anyone. You'll get the stock "I dress this way because it's comfortable."

the athletic tights are becoming vogue for men- I see several of them wearing them at my gym. I think they realize it actually IS comfortable.

shrug- I do think it's quiet possible to be conditioned- what's acceptable and what you find comfortable.

As a woman- most of our clothing IS fitted- so we find it comfortable- we live in it essentially. Men's cloth's- even when properly tailored is not form fitting.

Speaking to the power of conditioning, I wear tights when I work out in the winter. I wear my gym shorts over them though since no one wants to see a 230lbs guy in a skin tight anything. I do this even though I work out alone in my garage. The weight/fitness range for women wearing skin tight clothing is a lot more flexible. If you're a guy sporting tights you better be ripped or you're in trouble.

Actually I used to wear my football under armour leggings to the gym when I was 240. Only person to complain was my mom before I left. I am far from ripped. More so back then. I am sure people might of complained. NO one to my face though.

Also I used to do long duration of cardio, 60 minutes sometimes 75 minutes on the ellitpitcal, where my nipples would start to bleed. I see nothing wrong with tight fit clothing.

friction from their shirts during long runs or long sessions on a cardio machine. really common.

Men running especially during marathons and beyond distance races have a "bleeding nipple" issue too due to shirt friction. They tape it up with a special nipple tape.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

Well my shirts are usually baggy. I have pretty big man boobs. Shirt get drench in sweat and start chafing the *kitten* out of my nipples till they bleed. Even wearing a tight beater under my shirt did not solve the problem. No guy knew a solution to that but girls do and recommend vaseline. Problem solved.

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    One pair of my lulus goes slightly see through in some fully bent yoga poses. They are so freaking comfortable I wear them anyways. The few seconds of time when someone would have to crane their neck out of a pose to look for my slightly visible undies doesn't bother me enough to NOT wear my $90 super comfortable, perfect-fitting leggings. I have a big butt and small waist, if I bought a larger size they wouldn't stay up and 97% of the time they are not at all see through. Meh.

I'm definitely not doing it to attract men. If anything the sight of my big bum might scare them off! Plus my boyfriend probably wouldn't be thrilled about my gym antics.

Okay, I stand by my initial comments but I will add that I thought of this thread at the gym last night because I saw a woman working out in green military-style cargo pants, a tight COMPLETELY sheer whitish teeshirt, and a pink and black lace push up bra. No sports bra, very much a hot pink with black lace trim bra that was 100% entirely visible because her shirt was that intentionally very very thin sheer material that some gym shirts are made out of. And I judged a bit. I thought it was really odd and it did not look comfortable.

I guess maybe she forgot all her workout clothes and just went for it? But there is NO WAY someone would have gone to work in that. Meh, who knows. It didn't ruin my workout or anything but I did think of OP as I found myself thinking "what on EARTH on you wearing lady?!"
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    10370.jpg

Come on man!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member

Well my shirts are usually baggy. I have pretty big man boobs. Shirt get drench in sweat and start chafing the *kitten* out of my nipples till they bleed. Even wearing a tight beater under my shirt did not solve the problem. No guy knew a solution to that but girls do and recommend vaseline. Problem solved.

Thanks everyone who responded with an answer. I've never heard of that before now. But it makes a lot of sense.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    I wear short shorts to the gym and all around town. Love em. My derriere and legs deserve to breathe fresh air. It's not about "pulling a man" or whatever ... At the gym it allows max mobility so as long as it's warm enough I'm wearing short spandex shorts. The rest of the time ... I look good for me! :smiley:
  • jdhcm2006
    runner475 wrote: »
    No men in tights pic?

ManInTights2.jpg

This makes me happy.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    No men in tights pic?

ManInTights2.jpg

This makes me happy.

Good for you, because this will make me have nightmares.
  • jdhcm2006
    dym123 wrote: »
    No men in tights pic?

ManInTights2.jpg

This makes me happy.

Lol, I understand. Brain bleach can only do so much.
  • runner475
    dym123 wrote: »
    No men in tights pic?

ManInTights2.jpg

This makes me happy.

Exactly why I had to choose one with side view. Based on where you are it's either your lunch time or happy hour.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member

Thanks everyone who responded with an answer. I've never heard of that before now. But it makes a lot of sense.

it really sucks.
  • runner475
    dbmata wrote: »

it really sucks.

I know Right! Into 9th page and they want to thank. What is wrong with you people?!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    ji5uix7bqy6j.jpg
    8DF.jpg 62.5K
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited January 2015
    This is so much better than I could word it. It drives me insane when guys find out I train (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) with women, and try to sexualize it.

I am at the gym for fitness, and to learn BJJ. If you are thinking about sex while someone is trying to break your arm, you are there for the wrong reasons!

heh- you think that's bad- I'm a bellydancer- guess how out of hand that gets quickly. Even when I'm at the gym TRAINING- DRILLING- or working on a project- guess what- yeah. Boom- someone's always creeping.
    squeezes into sweats 4 sizes too small

yay now im hot and crazy
    heh- yeah- I have the smaller- capris lenght sweats that sometimes- I wonder about why I bought them- the are more fitted- so less comfie- and warmer- so good for dancing- not so good for working out LMAO
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Sometimes I think women my notice but don't care. I personally wear compression capris. If someone sees my panty lines, whatever. Enjoy the view because while you waste time staring I am still working out. I don't dress to impress at the gym. I dress for comfort....HOWEVER, there are some girls I see in the locker rooms touching up their makeup before going on the eliptical and treadmill....WHY?! When I am at the gym I work up a sweat, like to the point I have my makeup running (I go right after work) so why bother dolling up? Also, can anyone explain why women wear ball caps at the gym? Nothing wrong with it. Just curious. A girl in one of my classes is always wearing one but I can't figure out why.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited January 2015

Yeah getting sweat in an open wound burns. Although not so bad that I stop but still there is a stinging sensation.

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    At my gym clothing is optional. But I wouldn't recommend it right now... It's too cold!