The latest food/diet buzzword - 'reducetarian'

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    PRMinx I specifically should have said, "No offense to you!!!!" You are a cross-fitting bada$$!

Haha no offense taken. But I've been wanting to use that gif for a while, so thank you. It mesmerizes me.

:p

I like it too. What's it from? A movie?

Look Who's Talking Too!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    edited January 2015
    dbmata wrote: »
    I think it is because of environmental concerns and less about diet. The beef industry is pretty terrible for the enviornment :/

I've never been a huge meat eater, but I eat about 90% paleo now so I have meat at almost every meal, typically chicken. I like beef but I rarely cook it for myself so I only have it occasionally.

I agree that having a term for this is a little silly.

Then don't eat feed lot beef. Beef is bad, but chicken is far worse.

Not in terms of methane gas, actually. I'm sure there are environmental concerns with chicken as well, but in terms of methane production beef is just about the worst thing. Its worse than all cars/trains/planes combined. Like I said I still have some, but I could understand why someone would intentionally cut back. And it doesn't have to dow ith feed lot- even local grass fed can cause the issues.

aw, bless your heart. That's not the issue. That's actually one of the areas of least concern. Far more important is issues like effluent, etc.

How about you "aw" contain your condescending nonsense and do some research yourself to any number of the links I listed.

I can tolerate plenty of internet crap, but I won't put up with being talked down to. I've been considering hiding you because you are all over EVERY damn thread (seriously, you must have a lot of free time) but now its gonna happen. Bye forever!

Edit: Shoot, I can only hide things from newsfeeds. Welp then I'm off this thread for good.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I think it is because of environmental concerns and less about diet. The beef industry is pretty terrible for the enviornment :/

I've never been a huge meat eater, but I eat about 90% paleo now so I have meat at almost every meal, typically chicken. I like beef but I rarely cook it for myself so I only have it occasionally.

Not in terms of methane gas, actually. I'm sure there are environmental concerns with chicken as well, but in terms of methane production beef is just about the worst thing. Its worse than all cars/trains/planes combined. Like I said I still have some, but I could understand why someone would intentionally cut back. And it doesn't have to dow ith feed lot- even local grass fed can cause the issues.

aw, bless your heart. That's not the issue. That's actually one of the areas of least concern. Far more important is issues like effluent, etc.

How about you "aw" contain your condescending nonsense and do some research yourself to any number of the links I listed.

I can tolerate plenty of internet crap, but I won't put up with being talked down to. I've been considering hiding you because you are all over EVERY damn thread (seriously, you must have a lot of free time) but now its gonna happen. Bye forever!

Wait, we can hide users again? When did that function come back?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    PRMinx I specifically should have said, "No offense to you!!!!" You are a cross-fitting bada$$!

Haha no offense taken. But I've been wanting to use that gif for a while, so thank you. It mesmerizes me.

:p

I like it too. What's it from? A movie?

Look Who's Talking Too!

LOL I am totally having flashbacks now...
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Was skimming the posts, trying to make sense of it all, when I realized I still have blood and feathers on my boots from processing a bunch of roosters yesterday.

I "eat less meat" many times a year, usually the months between hatching and the day they are big enough to eat.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    auddii wrote: »

Wait, we can hide users again? When did that function come back?
    Around the time they added the LIKE button. ;)

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited January 2015

Edit: Shoot, I can only hide things from newsfeeds. Welp then I'm off this thread for good.

Aw, bless your heart.

Your links were weak and don't reflect accurately issues with food sources. That's ok though we've all been there. There is good data to be had though.

I DO like the thin skinners, doubly when they're wrong.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    oh a new buzzword
    wi4k89aox65h.jpg
  • dbmata
    that's a terrible price for crapfish
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2015
    There is always somebody who will buy ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

Aw, bless your heart.

Your links were weak and don't reflect accurately issues with food sources. That's ok though we've all been there. There is good data to be had though.

you actually had time to pick through all that? Hey, you have too much time on your hands! slacker!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited January 2015
    Lets see Ive reduced my meat intake but still love a good steak or burger, I eat Yogurt on a regular basis, I eat fish every now and then along with poultry and eggs (are eggs poultry??) So what does this make me???? I am so confused I need a label. I forgot I still indulge in sweets too often mainly Ice Cream but cookies will do also.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited January 2015
    VeryKatie wrote: »

But beef is cuter. Wait I mean cows. Cows are cuter than chickens.

(I think I just let off that when I look at cows, I mostly think of steak...)
    Everything cute is tasty.

When I see rabbits, I just want to hold them and hug them and pat them. They make excellent stew.

Veal? My god, so cute. So delicious.

Quail? Well, I could go on. ;)
    How about duck or is it a bunny?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdHaNr0OAY
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member

B):DB)

Bear in mind that this place is 'blessed' with a few very vocal boys (or the equivalent) who will attack you personally, just to make each other laugh. Usually the condescension is man-on-woman, making it doubly fun.

"Go find me links or it's a lie. I'm still waiting."
    "Those links aren't good enough for me, the Arbiter of All Truth."
    "You gave me too many links. You expect me to READ that?"

Fun times.
    :D

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited January 2015
    530roman wrote: »
    im a vegetarian who misses white fish, so that makes me?

Racist?

Ouch! I grew up in a working class catholic family. I miss fish sticks. And filet o' fish from McDonald's. *hangs my head in shame*

And the Knights of Columbus fish fry!

• dbmata

B):DB)

Bear in mind that this place is 'blessed' with a few very vocal boys (or the equivalent) who will attack you personally, just to make each other laugh. Usually the condescension is man-on-woman, making it doubly fun.

"Go find me links or it's a lie. I'm still waiting."
    "Those links aren't good enough for me, the Arbiter of All Truth."
    "You gave me too many links. You expect me to READ that?"

Fun times.
    :D

lol, I like the thin skinners.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    She had one less lamb when I was done.

il8s3ezvbrnd.jpg

Is that an end grain butcher block table? I've been looking at some
  • dbmata
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Aw, bless your heart.

you actually had time to pick through all that? Hey, you have too much time on your hands! slacker!

I looked at a couple while taking a dump. Found some similar stupidities and outright old data. Realized that I got sucked into a wild goose chase and that nothing reasonably relevant would be found there, and that the poster's timetrolling worked on me.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I... no.

I'm a vegetarian. I'm trying to eat vegan meals more often, but I still eat dairy with some meals. I'm not a "partial vegan" or "reducagan" or "flexivegan." I'm a vegetarian.

If you're looking for recipes, Pinterest is a great resource for vegetarian meals. I like using it for crockpot meals in particular.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Was skimming the posts, trying to make sense of it all, when I realized I still have blood and feathers on my boots from processing a bunch of roosters yesterday.

I "eat less meat" many times a year, usually the months between hatching and the day they are big enough to eat.
    It's a pipe dream of mine to be able to eat what I raise or catch. Tell me about the rabbits.

Until then, I'm fine with reduced price supermarket meats.