Spaghetti Squash for Spaghetti substitution?

124»

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I love spaghetti squash! However, I wouldn't substitute it for the real deal. Unless it doesn't fit into your calorie goal and macros for the day. Otherwise, make it work into your day.
  • tabarilla
    tabarilla Posts: 19 Member
    Alrighty everyone, I tried trading spaghetti squash for spaghetti noodles. Though I will be making my own spaghetti sauce next time, instead of just bulking it up with veggies, I think it was a raving success -- even with my 15 year old son. I appreciate all of the comments! I definitely want to try this squash with some of your suggestions next time! :)
  • tabarilla
    tabarilla Posts: 19 Member
    Also, for those who thought I was trying to "trick" my kids into eating something -- they're teenagers. That's not happening. They're involved in this change 100%.

And as I said that in my original post, I wanted to use squash in place of the noodles. I never thought it would taste like noodles. Lol, I just wanted to know if it was a suitable vehicle for sauce. Sorry about the confusion! :-)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    tabarilla wrote: »
    Also, for those who thought I was trying to "trick" my kids into eating something -- they're teenagers. That's not happening. They're involved in this change 100%.

And as I said that in my original post, I wanted to use squash in place of the noodles. I never thought it would taste like noodles. Lol, I just wanted to know if it was a suitable vehicle for sauce. Sorry about the confusion! :-)

I love it with sauce, my husband find it weird, lol.
  • andrea47715
    andrea47715 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm trying it only tonight for the 1st time. I can't waite