Hmm... curious.

Replies

• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Geez...PJ....I am familiar with Tinder, but never heard any of the others!! Maybe it is easier to just tap a button on phone than have to sign in and out each time on the dating sites that have apps?
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Moe- Yeah, I'm always checking out new apps (not just dating, haha!!!). I think the quick sign in thing is true, but I also think there is less of a profile to write or create, which is a plus to many.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    pa_jorg wrote: »
    Sabs2009 wrote: »
    Lauren and Jennifer, I've done some research on these sites, cause I'm single and nerdy and get depressed at how little action I get online dating. So I was debating doing Match or eHarmony (actually went through the eHarmony test and they had no matches for me LOL), because I was doing okc and pof and kept talking to a-holes, flakes, and losers. You can see the salary ranges on those sites and I make at least double what 80% of the guys on these sites say they make. Not that I'm looking for money, but I don't want a lot of drama about how I'm more educated/successful, blah blah blah, plus I do want someone who has a real job and his life together! Anyway, I thought maybe a paid site would be better, but wanted to do some research first....so apparently the stats of the paid sites are artificially inflated...they include active AND inactive members as well as paying members AND nonpaying members. As some of you have probably found out, there's no way to tell if someone is a paying member....you don't know if a guy is ignoring you or just isn't paying for the site. And on top of that, it doesn't pay for the site for you to actually meet someone and fall in love and stop subscribing, so they're really not going to help you find paying, active members.

So that got long...but that's why I won't bother paying for a dating site unless one comes along that's a little more effective and honest... :|

With the constant evolution of social media, I think the online dating world is now switching over mainly to apps. Love it or hate it, it might be time for everyone who wants to be dating to get on Tinder, Clover, Scout, The Grade or others. Personally, I find more people actually 'talk' on them than online too.

I didn't know those sites had 'talk' functionality? I thought you just had stats/pic/GPS and then met up for a quickie?

GAWD I'm so old!

• Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    Sabs .. thanks for that information! I completely got rid of both sites. I am done trying to find someone. I am quite certain I will die alone .. lol.

Don't say that!!!! It will happen (so I've been told hahaha)! I still dabble here and there in okc, pof, tinder, whatever, until I get too depressed or sickened with it and decide it's just easier to not try ;) I've gotten into the law of attraction lately so I'm really trying to project more positivity about the dating situation (really hard for me to do all the time) and I've specifically said that I do NOT want to meet someone online, so I'm blaming the universe on all my annoying online dating experiences ;)
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    .[/quote]

I didn't know those sites had 'talk' functionality? I thought you just had stats/pic/GPS and then met up for a quickie?

GAWD I'm so old!

[/quote]

LOL, yes they do....once you and the other person have both "liked" each other's pics, you can talk. I haven't had a lot of luck with guys ACTUALLY talking to me unless they're married or just playing around, but a friend of mine has had some luck with it. Then again, she's getting a divorce and isn't looking for anything serious.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Sabs .. thanks for that information! I completely got rid of both sites. I am done trying to find someone. I am quite certain I will die alone .. lol.

Noooooo........!!!!!

• CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Single. Was engaged earlier this year. Called it off. Best decision EVER!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member

I'm with you, I think I may be single forever. Sometimes I think that's not such a bad thing though. There are a lot of crazies out there.
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    jenready wrote: »

I'm with you, I think I may be single forever. Sometimes I think that's not such a bad thing though. There are a lot of crazies out there.

Agree completely!!! I have my two kids, family, friends and God. What more does a gal need?!?! Def not a drama creating, trouble causing, no-good for nothing man!! Still pray God sends me a good Christan man as I would like to enjoy life with someone special. But if it doesn't happen, I'm still happy with all God has blessed me with!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Come here occasionally. Am engaged to be married next weekend to someone I've been dating for 2.5 years.

I learned a lot when I first came to Single Peeps, which is why I still pop in from time to time, but I no longer see a lot of the lively discussion and honesty that taught me better ways to date online (met my match on Match).

In fact I saw today one post where everyone congratulated an individual who is clearly in a bad situation. I appreciate the folks like Tube_socks or dbrightwell1270 who are willing to express an unpleasant truth (one of the things I really liked about this group). If we were already right, awesome, and perfect, then we wouldn't be here sad because we don't have a partner. We'd either have one, or be happy with our choice not to.

I think reviving the group might have to start with spreading the word and then when people of varying faiths and beliefs express themselves, just allow them to without all the drama. So many of the initial group of folks I met here in SP are engaged, married, or in long term relationships so something about that old group must have been working.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    JanieJack wrote: »
    Come here occasionally. Am engaged to be married next weekend to someone I've been dating for 2.5 years.

Congrats Janie! So happy to hear you are getting married next weekend.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Thanks MM. BTW, I love your profile pic,that smile is ah-maaaa-zing
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Congrats on your wedding Janie!!
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Hello, ladies! How goes it?
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Congrats Janie!

I popped in & out when I was first single so I do recall some of the lively discussions but not much. I just wasn't ready to plunge into the single scene at that point. I'm fully plunged now!! Lol!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Hello, ladies! How goes it?

Hey! Welcome to the single scene. Feel free to look around and post :D

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    I was single for a lot of my time on single peeps! I got engaged in April though and getting married in a month! eek! We've had some good conversation here that is forsure!
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    kimad wrote: »
    I was single for a lot of my time on single peeps! I got engaged in April though and getting married in a month! eek! We've had some good conversation here that is forsure!

Congratulations!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    lsgibbs83 wrote: »
    kimad wrote: »

Congratulations!

Thank you!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    I know why I'm single... I can't currently date. When I lost my job I moved in with my fwb. We are not in a relationship but it would be impossible to date someone while sleeping in his bed lol