Being sore after exercise

2»

Replies

• yoovie wrote: »
    did you warm up before your workout? Did you cool down and stretch properly after doing it?

or did you go in cold and leave buzzing?

I've already answers and had these questions answered too
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I'm usually the sorest 2-3 days after a work out. So, if you're really sore day 1, I wouldn't make plans just yet. Walking always helps no matter how sore you are.

If you are incline to supplements an L-glutamine supplement always helps me. They are cheep at your local store.

If you are going to make a habit of working out, you may want to look in to something like monster amino. No cals (10) and lots of muscle rebuilding amino acids. Of course, don't forget the water.
    Fortunately I am slightly better today haha not heaps but a tad.
  • Phoebeg1723
    Phoebeg1723 Posts: 88 Member
    As long as you stretch properly and cool down correctly, you're fine. Soreness is good. It means your body is working hard. I say soreness and not pain. If you are in PAIN as apposed to just aching then you are doing something wrong, so be careful lol x
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Sometimes certain exercises will make me very sore and on other days they won't. This doesn't always coincide with working harder or lifting heavier things or anything like that; at least not that I can figure out. Stretching after exercising helps take the edge off, and I do think that a gentle walk reduces soreness better than resting totally.

Wholeheartedly agree with everyone that says soreness is nothing to worry about, but real pain is to be taken seriously.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Can one of you seasoned gym rats give us a rundown on proper warmup cooldown?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    tried to- got shut down before she even finished reading my question, telling me she already answered my question but didn't. See no reason to help people who shut you up.
This discussion has been closed.