How do I achieve how do I avoid the wider flat waist but a smaller waist (Pictures)

1235»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    The "Britney Spears syndrome" section of this article might interest some.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sexy_female_training

Though I personally think maybe Britney looks different just due to lighting, angles and age.

That was my point exactly. I've also seen it time and time again with friends/team members. Although some prefer that look, it definitely makes their waist just more thick looking.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    This woman did not get these results in 14 days or even anything close to that. I assume these pictures are a part of an advertisement for her to sell a product?
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    mykaylis wrote: »
    tanning spray, lighting, dehydrating, and flexing can make you look way skinnier in a few days. if it IS the same person and it really IS that short a time, you've got your answer.

if she has lost fat and that's why her waist looks thicker, it's because her hips are narrower. if you want to look like you have a very narrow waist, get a double boned corset with flat and spiral steel boning. it won't make your waist smaller permanently, it will reshape it temporarily.

genetics will largely determine where you will lose weight first. check out my profile pic. i've lost 50 lbs since then and my chest is exactly the same - but my hips are 10" smaller. darn it. i liked my hips, was hoping to lose my belly roll more than the 1" i ended up with.

Instead of spiral steel, go with corset steel, if you want to waist train.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/sexy_female_training

Though I personally think maybe Britney looks different just due to lighting, angles and age.

Wow. That guy is kind of (which is nice of me) a douche. "hey ladies, let me tell you what you should want, because pleasing my gaze is what your life is all about!!!!" I love how he gave us a bunch of photos of yoga asanas with new names at the end. Cute.

I agree that going crunch crazy can make your middle appear thicker....but lots of individuals are looking for muscle definition, not whatever body type most arouses this boy Chad. (of course.) Really classy of him to phrase it exactly that way, too. SMH.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member

Ya - reading that page and looking at the pics, I call BS on whoever the author is. The very first set of photos of 'young' Britney where he claims her waist is more 'hourglass' is crap. Her waist is boxy then and remained boxy in all the photos. Her BF% may have changed and heck, she grew up out of her young teenaged girl body into a woman's body. That is all.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Yeah, the article has always annoyed me, but Waterbury is fairly respected in the industry, as far as I can tell. A lot of douchey guys in that industry.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited January 2015
    Actually, on the matter of corseting and corsetry, there's been a lot of research into in the past few years, more than just assumptions based upon other people's assumptions, so there's no need to just make guesses. Here's one rather interesting little article by someone doing academic work on the topic.

http://io9.com/no-corsets-did-not-destroy-the-health-of-victorian-wom-1545644060

Also, if I'm not mistaken, some one has actually done an MRI (how - what with the boning and all - I do not know) of a tight-lacer in her corset to show the effects on the internal organs. It was on German TV maybe?

<===Just a docent who wears 1850's garb, head to toe, on occasion, including a quite comfy corset that does amazing things to my waist.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hyspin wrote: »
    This making me wonder about other body manipulation a besides photography or photoshop. Like body wrap how long do the results last (6hrs, 12hrs, 24 hrs maybe) and corset training how much weeks of training does it take before the body will hold it shape for a couple of days without the corset?
    Sorry, I don't believe that corset training will work at all for structural enhancing when it's off. And a body wrap depletes water out of the system as a whole, but the effect would only last as long as water isn't reintroduced into the body. And I doubt that people who dehydrate themselves purposely everyday just so their waist looks a little smaller. Those that do, I would note with a body dysmorphia issue.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Apparently corset training does work but has to be done over a long period. Women who practice say that waist will hold it shape without the corset (after weeks of training) but you can't go without the corset for too long (like a week) or the your ribs start to adjust back to their original shape. They say you start hear blunt crack noise as the rib readjust. I was think I would try out corset training following maintaining my goal measurements for a year.
    Well I wouldn't say that's "working". If someone wore a cast for 6 weeks, the body part that it surrounded would be atrophied and "thinner" but that's only because it's been constrained in a molded contraption. So not only does it return to normal size within a short time, but muscle strength is completely compromised.
    The reality is that if someone wants a smaller waist, they just need to reduce the body fat around it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

When I say it works I mean by that you can go a few days without and still have your shape just like diet and exercise you can go a few days without, but if you keep going without diet and exercise you will lose your shape, right, so is it really any different they both need consistent maintenance. Plus I know a few women on youtube who workout with corsets so still have a strong core (as compared to average individual) so muscle comprimise is a non issue, do keep in mind that the transverse muscle is also called the corset muscle so is already shape similarly to the corset. But I can see that most people who where them don't have six pack definition, but then again that not the definition they're aiming for.
    Sorry, but not buying it. Very well versed in physiology, kinesiology, human anatomy and bio mechanics and not using a muscle will cause atrophy and deconditions it. That's initially why anyone who takes on exercising a muscle that they haven't used in awhile, gets DOMS. One can't "curl" their abs forward in a corset, so concentric contraction isn't happening. Yes one can "flex" their abs in a corset, but supports of any type relieve stress off a muscle. That's why people wrap sprains, strains and joints when injured.
    I'm sure I won't dissuade you, but it's important for others that read about "corset training" that it's more of an "enhancement" when wearing it and really does nothing for the body physically (with the exception of temporary compressed skin).

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

this. there are 3 levels of corsetry:
    -costume corsets, to get the corset look without putting your body through stress.
    -mild waist training, which alters your shape while wearing the corset but if not worn your abdominal region returns to regular size (this is most common)
    -tightlacing, which will significantly alter your figure but will reduce your core strength because your corset, not your muscles, are holding you upright. i really don't recommend this!

i do mild waist training, which feels good because i've got a bad back and sometimes the support relieves the pain. i am not counting on it altering my shape, just squishing me here and there so i achieve a certain look while wearing it.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    light corseting can also be a valuable tool if you are prone to slumping. The boning shouldn't be holding you up, but it does make it more comfortable to maintain good posture than it is to slouch. When I wear one for period dress or Steampunk cosplay, I often lace it so loosely that I can physically "suck it in" further myself inside the corset. Biggest benefit is the boning reminding me to keep my back straight and shoulders back, as well as holding in a wee pooch.