HELLO!

Muddy_Yogi
Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
I've been feeling a little out of place in my own newsfeed for a while now. I cut back on my lifting and running to focus more on my practice. I do mainly home practice because finances are tight but I feel a need to find community in my practice in some way shape or form so this is me reaching out.

Replies

• dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    I am excited I found this group! I also practice at home. Do you use DVDs or an app? I use yoga studio on my iPad.
  • SuperC_sa
    SuperC_sa Posts: 48 Member
    Heres reaching back. Would also love to have more yogi minded friends :) I also do mainly home practice but try and get to the studio when finances allow once a week or so. I love learning in class but I love my own time on my mat even more. Also lifted for a while, sort of trying to reincorporate that twice weekly at least and yoga everydamnday.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I do a mixture of home practice and class time. My home practice is usually whatever I make up, but occasionally I'll do audio classes by one of my favorite teachers.
    Welcome all to the group!
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    I would love some more yogis on my news feed!! I practice pretty regularly at home and try to hit classes twice a week. I start my yoga teacher training in March and would love to have some camaraderie!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Feel free to add me as well. I used to practice in a studio but also started doing more home practice due to finances. I use Yogaglo and am really liking it as well as some DVD's.
  • picnic2day
    picnic2day Posts: 63 Member
    Hello ... only tried yoga a week or so ago, and managed some every day since and I'm loving it. Haven't been to any classes, have been YouTube-ing

I spend too much on other classes to even think about starting a yoga class as well, so it's got to be at home for me.

:)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    I use YouTube mainly. I love yogabyadrienne and Leslie Fightmaster.
  • picnic2day
    picnic2day Posts: 63 Member
    :) I'm slightly in love with Yoga with Adriene, working my way through the 30 day challenge and have a smile on my face for the rest of the day. Will have to check out the Leslie Fightmaster

x
  • trina512
    trina512 Posts: 178 Member
    I'm loving yoga with Adriene too! I've been doing the 30 day challenge to get back into yoga and I can really feel a difference all over. I also really enjoy some of the older DVDs from Rodney Yee. I'd like to try out hot yoga sometime.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    I'm a big fan of yogadownload.com. They have a lot of free 20 minute videos, or you can get a membership and stream or download everything they offer. (Some days I only have 20 minutes, but I try to find time for 45-60 minutes a couple of times a week, if possible) I'm a big fan of Jackie Casal Mahrou and Christen Bakken (the latter being a bit more challenging).
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    I only just heard about yoga with Adriene today. It looks really good! Think I'll bookmark it and give it a try.
  • dizzzigrl
    I only just heard about yoga with Adriene today. It looks really good! Think I'll bookmark it and give it a try.
    I started today, and then challenged everyone on my facebook to try it! Yep, I am one of those annoying people who practice yoga, talk about it all of the time, tell everyone else they should try it.... etc etc.

• dani262
    dani262 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a fairly new yogi and haven't ventured past Yoga with Adriene yet. I have a ymca membership but classes kinda intimidate me. I prefer practicing at home at the moment.
  • dizzzigrl
    dani262 wrote: »
    I'm a fairly new yogi and haven't ventured past Yoga with Adriene yet. I have a ymca membership but classes kinda intimidate me. I prefer practicing at home at the moment.

Hey there, I just saw that you were close to me! The Lululemon at VaBeach town center has FREE - yes, FREE classes on Sunday at 1030. I have been to 2 so far... you should come check it out!

• jay8anks
    jay8anks Posts: 26 Member
    On meetup.com sometimes there are free yoga in the park meetups, too. Of course, they are all an hour drive for me, but that's a different story.
  • LeeMarie317
    LeeMarie317 Posts: 207 Member
    I use the sworkit app for yoga and i started a 30 day challenge on youtube with erin motz :)
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Hey - Any yogis or yoginis want to add me to their friend list - I'd love to connect with you!
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Hi all. I am fairly new too. I have done a few classes but they were always huge. A clinic around the corner from my home is starting some smaller practice soon. I do yoga at home too. I also have started aerial so I am really working my upper body core and flexibility :) hi all!! It is OK to add me if you say on the message 'yoga' so I know where you found me. I post and chat a lot! <3
  • charlestongirl2012
    charlestongirl2012 Posts: 9 Member
    any one is more then welcome to add me on here if you want-
    have a nice day! :)
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    I love Yoga as well. Everyone have a nice 4th.