After pregnancy success

I know I don't have it in from how much I had gained during my pregnancy , but when I fell pregnant I gained 40 pounds give or take. On my 5'1 frame that is an intense lot of weight. I am happy to say that I am 1 pound away from the weight I was when I first found out I was pregnant. Bringing me to 186 lbs :) even though I am still no where happy with my body I am trying. I am only four months pp so I still have a long way to go. Personally I had to type this somewhere to make me feel a little better I have been down in the dumps about everything.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Congrats! You can do it. Hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • ashersmomma33
    ashersmomma33 Posts: 10 Member
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    39 pounds lost in 4 months - all while dealing with the disruption and sleeplessness of a new baby! That's a win, right there! :flowerforyou:
  • Sixel
    Sixel Posts: 57 Member
    7 months pp and still 5kg to go (of the 17 or so I gained).

You are doing great.
  • ashersmomma33
    ashersmomma33 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you guys :)
  • Juicer82
    Juicer82 Posts: 65 Member
    Congrats!!
  • Great job! I'm in the same boat I am 3 months pp and I gained 41 lbs and I'm only 5'3. I'm 192 now and struggling! I also have a 20 month old at home and with both at times it's hard to find time to eat, let alone eat healthy
  • Schnell117
    Schnell117 Posts: 14 Member
    Congratulations to you guys on your post pregnancy weightloss! I'm 2 months pp and am wondering how MFP takes into account breastfeeding. Does anyone know? Shouldn't you be allocating more calories if you're breastfeeding? I have no idea! I'm just starting back on my weightloss journey after having bubba! Thanks!
  • erinl84
    erinl84 Posts: 90 Member
    We can do it! I'm 13 weeks pp with my 4th all 5 and under. I started my weight loss journey after baby 2 reached goal of 120 lbs! I've never been that small in my life! Then got a surprise pregnancy with 3. Gained another 55 lbs and got down to 130 by the time she was 7 months. Then decided to have a 4th lol gained another 55 lbs. :/ I'm currently at 140 with a goal of 125. Finding time to exercise seems impossible but my girls started doing it with me and we make games out of it. Advice: try not to make any excuses!!!! We are all tired but workouts actually give us energy so get up and do it! U won't be sorry! Eating healthy also gives us energy and we all could use any boost we can get so put down the chips and grab an apple! Good luck to all! If I can do it almost three times with all these little ones anyone can do it!!!!
  • carms109
    carms109 Posts: 18 Member
    You're doing a great job, especially so soon after birth. I had my twins almost three years ago and I am still 60 lbs overweight!!! You can get to you goal - just keep pushing!
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    Oh yes I understand completely. I lost 80 lbs and got pregnant with my twins... by the girls first birthday I lost all of the weight--but we weeks later I found out I was pregnant again with one baby. I gained 40 lbs back with her pregnancy.... but she is 1 tomorrow and I lost 62 lbs! In total I have lost 102 lbs and I have 2 yr old twins and a 1 year old... you can do it. Just focus on food and nutrition and start some light exercise like walking.... Just worry about sleep and increase your exercise when you are getting enough rest.
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Hang in there you can do it! Be Well!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    I'm an inch shorter than you, and also gained 40 lbs with my first pregnancy. It tool about two years to lose it at a moderate pace and get to my competition figure in my profile pics. Now I'm pregnant with #2, and determined to only gain about half as much as I did before, or less.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Congrats. You did much better than I did! Took me 21 years to lose the 35# I gained during pregnancy (plus the additional weight I gained in 21 years :P ).
  • Schnell117 wrote: »
    Congratulations to you guys on your post pregnancy weightloss! I'm 2 months pp and am wondering how MFP takes into account breastfeeding. Does anyone know? Shouldn't you be allocating more calories if you're breastfeeding? I have no idea! I'm just starting back on my weightloss journey after having bubba! Thanks!

You can add it under food diary. I include it under my snacks. Do a search for breastfeeding and "Generic Breastfeeding" will come up. It will give you around -500 calories. You can adjust it if you pump/breastfeed more or less than taht. The only bad thing is that it won't update on your phone only in a computer :neutral_face:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!