Black bean pasta?

Options
I enjoy black beans and know how good they are for you and saw ad for black bean pasta has anyone tried it? Is it worth it and where did you find it Think Amazon carries and ad said Asian stores not something I have great access to here

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sounded like something I would try until I saw the ridiculously high price. Not a chance.
    It's "fad" priced. I'll stick to black beans and good old durham semolina.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    It looks like it's just beans and water.
    Instead of $30 a bag, I feel like someone with a dehydrator could easily make this at home for $.99.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    The beans are a black soy bean. I was looking at them for myself as an alternative to brown rice pasta. Unfortunately, I shouldn't have soy. From what I hear, they are delicious, though.
  • kleabooth
    kleabooth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I liked them and I found them at Costco for a very reasonable price!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I didn't like them, my GF daughter didn't like them, my other 2 daughters didn't like them, and my wife refused to try them. Total fail. We'll stick with the quinoa pasta. That's a hit with the entire family.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    trijoe wrote: »
    I didn't like them, my GF daughter didn't like them, my other 2 daughters didn't like them, and my wife refused to try them. Total fail. We'll stick with the quinoa pasta. That's a hit with the entire family.
    quinoa pasta, tell me more. I googled and found that the first ingredient in 2 of the quinoa pasta's either used rice or corn flour....oh well it looks like semolina is still king of the hill.