1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
30 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt

Makes 10 (3-piece) Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 30 minutes or overnight
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Cut the zest from the whole lemon, then peel and chop half of the fruit. Cut the zest from half of the orange, then peel and chop half of the fruit. Place lemon and orange zests and chopped fruits in a medium bowl. Add oil, garlic, black pepper, and pepper flakes; stir to combine. Add shrimp and toss to coat well. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.

Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.

Remove shrimp from marinade, allowing bits of citrus to stick. Discard marinade. Season shrimp lightly with salt; grill until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Squeeze a little fresh lemon or orange juice (or a combination of both) from the remaining fruit halves over the shrimp just before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Make-Ahead: Shrimp can be marinated up to 1 day in advance and grilled up to 6 hours ahead. Refrigerate grilled shrimp until ready to use; bring to room temperature before serving.

Nutrition Per Serving: 60 calories, 4.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 25 mg sodium.

Replies

• Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    1 lemon
    1 navel orange
    3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    30 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
    salt

Makes 10 (3-piece) Servings
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Marinating Time: 30 minutes or overnight
    Cook Time: 10 minutes

Cut the zest from the whole lemon, then peel and chop half of the fruit. Cut the zest from half of the orange, then peel and chop half of the fruit. Place lemon and orange zests and chopped fruits in a medium bowl. Add oil, garlic, black pepper, and pepper flakes; stir to combine. Add shrimp and toss to coat well. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.

Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.

Remove shrimp from marinade, allowing bits of citrus to stick. Discard marinade. Season shrimp lightly with salt; grill until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Squeeze a little fresh lemon or orange juice (or a combination of both) from the remaining fruit halves over the shrimp just before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Make-Ahead: Shrimp can be marinated up to 1 day in advance and grilled up to 6 hours ahead. Refrigerate grilled shrimp until ready to use; bring to room temperature before serving.

Nutrition Per Serving: 60 calories, 4.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 25 mg sodium.
This discussion has been closed.