What do you do on your off days?

MadamChick
MadamChick Posts: 52 Member
Do you take a break or do cardio?

Replies

• DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Off day from lifting or off day-off day?

I'm usually lifting monday-wednesday-friday, and I throw in two or three cardio sessions each week (about 45 min. each). When I take a off day, it's a real off day: I rest!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Take a break! Lifting is hard on the body and you should take at least one 100% rest day.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    I only lift 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, and Friday).

I usually run 3 days a week (Tues, Thurs, and Sunday).

I also do a light jog or walk after lifting days on Mon, Wed, and Friday.

On Saturday, I do nothing. I might do some light yoga or stretching, but I don't do any cardio or weights.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Lift MWF with some cardio afterwards, cardio T and Th if my legs don't feel super tired. Try to get some fun activity in on the weekend like a hike, tennis, frolic on the beach etc... I also try to get at least 10,000 steps on my Jawbone UP, which includes whatever cardio I do so I usually end up taking a walk after dinner to get my steps in on non cardio days. When my legs feel dead from lifting, walking is all I do. This works out pretty great for me, I eat about avg of 1600 or 1700 ish calories at 150ish lbs and lose weight every week.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    I lift Sunday Tuesday Thursday, have football "conditioning" - light circuit training - Monday, riding lesson + cardio Wednesday, cardio Friday, riding Saturday - usually.
  • Sometimes I do light cardio or yoga. Sometimes I just rest. I try to stay active throughout the day so I don't sit on my keister too long.
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    I rest on all my non lifting days. After reading above I feel lazy! LOL
    Its enough of a task to get to the gym 3 mornings a week for lifting so I relish sleeping in until 6am (vs. 430 on lifting days) and if I am lucky 7am on a weekend day :-)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I sometimes rest but usually also have work. On occasion my day off from lifting will coincide with a day off from work and those are my super lazy days. When I work it's 6-8+ hours on my feet, step count pends department but anywhere from 6,000 to 16,000 steps. I do grit strength class on occasion (did it this week but might not next week as my work schedule is changing and I have a close/open set in there. Sometimes I'll just go and do an hour of cardio and try running a little but at some point I'll have to start couch to 5k because I'm doing a 5k June 12.

Then again, I also live alone, work close shifts most of the time (so sleep till 9 or so often) and going to the gym gives me somewhere else to go. It's that or spend hours at home on the computer. :-)
  • I lift MWF. I take my dog for long (slow) walks on other days. Would like to build in some yoga somewhere. That's it.
  • AbsoluteTara79
    AbsoluteTara79 Posts: 266 Member
    I'm lifting Mon/Wed/Friday. And I do cardio Tue/Thur. I rest the weekend.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    I walk and try to do stretches and stomach work. Usually successful with the walking........
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    6cJZHvR.jpg

Haha! No but seriously? I go to the gym 5 days a week. I try to get a yoga session in on one of the days that I don't and walk every day. But usually that one other day I don't do too much. Mobility work, light cardio, bodyweight stuff only.

The world don't stop turning, so why should I, right?