I just blew it

after 19 days (almost all under intake goal) I just want to the 99 for lunch with my hunny. I was BAD.....and am 99 calories over my goal for the day. But it was so good! Salad for dinner I guess!

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    MariMcKeon wrote: »
    after 19 days (almost all under intake goal) I just want to the 99 for lunch with my hunny. I was BAD.....and am 99 calories over my goal for the day. But it was so good! Salad for dinner I guess!

One day over won't ruin your progress. You didn't put your weight on in a day; you won't take it off either. Your healthy lifestyle isn't a race with a destination. Just keep going and enjoy the ride!

• heyjude345
    heyjude345 Posts: 66 Member
    Goodness...go run around the block or run up and down the stairs a few times. It's all good!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    If you're only 99 cal over your goal then you're probably still at a calorie deficit for the day. Don't sweat it and move on.
  • shorshabae
    shorshabae Posts: 32 Member
    You haven't ruined it! Just do some housework for 30 mins and you'll be sorted.
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    99 calories isn't even 10% of your daily allotment so don't worry about it, just don't make it a regular thing :smile:
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    It's all good....gotta enough yourself and food every now and then! Tomorrow is a new day! (Now I need to be reminded of this, when I go over! Ha!)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    That's not so bad at all! For today, could you accept not gaining weight but also simply not losing weight? You could eat up to "maintenance" calories for dinner and stop there. You won't gain, you simply won't lose. Worst case, you reach your goal 1 day later. Not bad for a nice date!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    edited January 2015
    nvm
  • MariMcKeon
    MariMcKeon Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks all! I know this is little.....but I feel guilty! Sadly I can't do much physically (injured leg) but I will deal......I am in this for the long haul but once I have cheated, it is just so easy for me to keep cheating!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    MariMcKeon wrote: »
    Thanks all! I know this is little.....but I feel guilty! Sadly I can't do much physically (injured leg) but I will deal......I am in this for the long haul but once I have cheated, it is just so easy for me to keep cheating!

Don't look at it like a cheat. You just happened to choose items that didn't quite fit into your calorie goal for the day. No harm done. You're still in a deficit for the day, so you haven't ruined it or really undone any progress.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Stop thinking of it as cheating. It's called living.

People fail at this because they put unrealistic ideas to work. Saying you'll never go out to eat with your SO is a fast track.to failing, because it's unrealistic to never go out to eat, when it's something you already do.

Go out once in a while, treat yourself to a meal, enjoy life. Stick to your overall calorie goals, and succeed. It really is far easier than most people like to make it.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    I was expecting to see that you had an entire extra large pizza followed by half a cheesecake - 99 cals over is barely a blip, no worries at all! Mmmm, pizza and cheesecake...
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    How did you blow it? Unless you exceeded your total daily burn for the day, and every day this week all you did was cut into your calorie deficit. Do you know your TDEE? That should be your gauge for the day, not the MFP calorie goal. Sure the salt content, and the extra mass in your bowels could show in the scale for a day or two- but the truth is that enjoying yourself one day with someone you love is not the same as screwing up. At worst you delayed your long term progress by a few hundred calories...

Success is 90% mental. :) Have an eggwhite omlette for dinner with some lean protein and veggies (no cheese) and mentally prepare yourself for the next day.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Seriously? I went out on Sunday and had half of a dessert that was over 1,600 calories. I went over by about 900 calories that day. Probably more.

Don't sweat it.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    99 calories over my goal is still a successful day for me :)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Seriously? 99 calories? Walk around the block and leave two bites on the plate at dinner. You'll more than cover it.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    wow, I can't imagine going 99 cal over as "blowing it" but that's just me. Good luck on the next day regardless. =)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    If you set up MFP for a two pound per week planned loss ... that's a 1000 calorie per day deficit. If you were 99 calories over the number MFP gave you ... that's a 901 calorie deficit for the day.

That's without getting into the fact that all of these things are just estimates anyway.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    It's one day. Don't let it turn into another. Just eat right tomorrow and be done with it.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited January 2015
    Just go for a walk or do some other exercise to get some extra calories burned. Otherwise, 99 calories, really not a big deal.