Let's talk Green Tea.

I have just started drinking green tea which gives me more energy and I read some articles where it gives you high endurance with aerobic work outs. What benefits have you had from drinking brewed green tea? I also have PCOS, so those who suffer with this, did you see any benefits as well? thanks

Replies

• geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Well, it has antioxidants, but I have never heard that it increases energy. It is also high in Vitamin K, needed for blood clotting, so those on anti-coagulation drugs must be careful with the amount they drink.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I haven't seen any benefits from drinking green tea. I suppose it's one of the things keeping me healthy, but I've never noticed any difference in aerobic performance when I'm drinking it. Something higher in caffeine like black tea might help more with endurance.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    I have been drinking more green tea. It is less irritating to my stomach than coffee. Unfortunately less caffeine too so sadly it does not give me more energy.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    I have been adding a cup or two of green tea to my afternoons. I used to drink another 20oz of coffee in the afternoons instead, so it's less energy than I'd get from that (but if I had nothing, I'd be in a complete slump, so it's helping!). But I added it for the antioxidents, so check in with me in a decade or so to judge my skin for yourself ;)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I've never heard of green tea increasing energy, and it certainly has no effect on me. If you want something to give you a boost pre-work have a coffee.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Green tea on an empty stomach gives me the queasies.
  • I love all the different flavours of green tea out there now!! Really helps with water intake for me. Currently sat drinking the Twinings gingerbread one at the mo and it's lovely!! Xx
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    I love green tea! But I haven't noticed that it's made any difference.
  • foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    If YOU believe it makes a difference, it makes a difference. That's the power of the mind. :)
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    I love green tea....and black tea...and white tea...and oolong tea...and herbal tea....honestly...there's not a tea I've tried that I haven't liked. But I drink it because I love it...not because it's "magic". :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Green tea warms me up. :smile: That's all it does.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Green tea has caffeine.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    The caffeine will give you better endurance. It is good for you and tastes good as long as you don't over boil it.

There are some good high quality teas out there and then there are some nasty floor scraps called "tea." Find what you like the most!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    I also love green tea, especially with jasmine. I started drinking it to decrease my coffee intake. I did notice it helped with my appetite (probably in a similar way that people always say to keep hydrated to make sure you're really hungry and not actually thirsty). Other than that, I haven't noticed any increase in energy.
  • WillowD227
    WillowD227 Posts: 5 Member
    I've been drinking a lot of green tea for well over a year now. I also started it to help reduce my coffee drinking. I like it, but honestly, I haven't noticed a reduction in appetite or an increase in energy. I wish, though!
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    I don't use milk hardly at all,but I like it in my coffee. Living on my own, I would find that the milk would go off before I'd used it, so started drinking green tea becasue it meant I didn't need to keep milk in stock. As my palate has changed, I know prefer green tea to coffee or black tea, but I can't honestly say I've noticed any health benefits.
  • It makes me feel full which is a nice added bonus. I'll drink a glass between meals if I start feeling hungry. I used to drink with dinner but learned that tea can actually block the absorption of some minerals like iron so it's better to drink between meals. That's also why women who are pregnant are recommended not to drink tea.
  • melissawilson21
    melissawilson21 Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hmm. I have been drinking Lipton Green Tea with super fruits. I just drank some and I feel more energy with it than coffee is seems. I did read that drinking 4 glasses of green tea can help with starches as far as processing them which is a plus. I guess we will see. lol