Drinking only milk and not eating anything

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'd still like to know what exactly it is we are trying to test- other than no *kitten* or too much *kitten*.

The answer is Mommy Issues.
    not 42?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I'd still like to know what exactly it is we are trying to test- other than no *kitten* or too much *kitten*.

The answer is Mommy Issues.
    not 42?

Possibly BOOBIES

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    What is the purpose of the test?

He/she is a gigantic baby?
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    OP, it sounds like you might be a baby cow. I would see a veterinarian immediately.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    edited January 2015
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    I think I heard that in the UK, they have patients drink only milk for several days before gastric bypass surgery. It shrinks the liver, or something like that.
    My mom had to do a two week liquid diet before her gastric sleeving in order to shrink her liver. She could have water, protein shakes, milk etc but it had to be low in sugar. I don't think it's just milk that shrinks it.
    Anyway, my mom cancelled the surgery in favor of being able to do it on her own through defecit and exercise. So far so good!
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Does milk = ice cream? Because then I can totally see the benefits of this...
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    PearlAng wrote: »
    I think I heard that in the UK, they have patients drink only milk for several days before gastric bypass surgery. It shrinks the liver, or something like that.
    My mom had to do a two week liquid diet before her gastric sleeving in order to shrink her liver. She could have water, protein shakes, milk etc but it had to be low in sugar. I don't think it's just milk that shrinks it.
    Anyway, my mom cancelled the surgery in favor of being able to do it on her own through defecit and exercise. So far so good!

Go mom go!
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    waaa?
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    This sounds pretty disgusting.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member

Possibly BOOBIES

No, not possibly. Always. Always boobies.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    PearlAng wrote: »

Congrats to your mom. Kudos to her.

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Please! For the love of Pete, OP, please answer the questions, what are you testing and why????
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I'm just going to sing.. "who let the trolls out?"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ah MFP. You never let me down on my daily dose of whackjob. Seriously, I wish my body was "stronger" so I could air my insane impulses with impunity.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    KaidenN7 wrote: »
    Has anyone of you drank only milk for a long time without eating anything? not to lose weight or necessary to maintain weight, but as a test?
    I've done a test on a short term to see how my body would react and nothing bad happened. I'd like to try this on a longer term now, because I'm taking enough calcium and protein from 2-3 liters of milk everyday. plus, I still have the energy to jump rope when I come home at 5 p.m and I'm awake from 4-5 a.m.
    If you want to tell me this is insane, it would be a waste of time, taking in consideration the fact that some of us have stronger bodies. if I will feel different and I must stop, then I will. but i'd like to know if I should expect anything. i don't have lactose intolerance and i always drank milk

Seriously...lol at the bolded. Let's just say if you drink only milk for a long time, your "stronger body" isn't going to be "stronger" for long.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Whatever you're testing, be sure to come back and let us know the results.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Nothing against milk, but something tells me that a diet consisting of entirely one thing is probably not the best of ideas. I'm with everyone else here, confused about what you're trying to do.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    You would probably be fine...but what's the point?
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    I read a book "Body by God". The author, Dr. Ben Lerner made a quote about milk and specifically milk used as creamer. "Can you imagine the guy drinking coffee while milking his cow and saying, "Hey, I think I'll put some of that in my coffee."?" Milk is for infants and cows milk is for infant cows. They stop drinking when they get big enough for a reason and so should we. You can get plenty of calcium from spinach and kale and protein from beans, and other "real" food. Not to mention all the other nutrients your adult human body needs.