When I First Started MFP I...

We Have All Changed So Much!
Lets Keep This Going!
It Can Be Motivating & Fun To See How We All Changed!

Was A Size 20/22
Used To Weigh 259
Felt - uncomfortable and insecure and depressed

Now I
Am A Size 12/13
Currently Weigh 204
Feel AMAZING and CONFIDENT

Replies

• MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Lets Keep This Going!

Was A Size 20/22
    Used To Weigh 259

Now I
    Am A Size 12/13
    Currently Weigh 204
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:

I wish I could show good results. I haven't lost anything since I started. Actually have gained. :mad:

But, I'm not giving up!!! :smile:

Started 5 months ago at 185
    Now I am at 190 :explode:
    Short term goals is 170 :happy:
    Long term goal is 150 :love:

Thanks for having this post. It will keep me focused!!!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Hi mbm2bthin :bigsmile: , how much do you need to lose, are you sure that you have gotten your intake and excercise calories right?.

I joined late in October 2008 and originally started with WAIT for IT 3780 :laugh: calories a day, until I posted a blog and the kind people of MFP gave me the low down on how to work out my calorie intake correctly. Have you read all the info on the home page?

Try setting your info up again and hopefully you will be on the winning path :bigsmile: soon.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Lets Keep This Going!

Was A Size 20/22
    Used To Weigh 259

Now I
    Am A Size 12/13
    Currently Weigh 204

Woo-Hoo! Well Done you :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    May I ask when did you join MFP?
    I joined originally in January 2008, gave up after 2 weeks - but that was due to a depression episode, then I came back in September 2008 weighing 251, I am now 216 :flowerforyou:
    My goals are listed in my signature - well done and good luck for your future journey :drinker:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Hi mbm2bthin :bigsmile: , how much do you need to lose, are you sure that you have gotten your intake and excercise calories right?.

I joined late in October 2008 and originally started with WAIT for IT 3780 :laugh: calories a day, until I posted a blog and the kind people of MFP gave me the low down on how to work out my calorie intake correctly. Have you read all the info on the home page?

Try setting your info up again and hopefully you will be on the winning path :bigsmile: soon.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:

Ditto, sounds like something going wrong here, you're welcome to PM me anytime if I can help at all.
    I started on 1.650 calories a day, now I'm on 1,450 - please bear in mind, these figures are not including any exercise calories - and believe me, if you want that high calorie food now and a gain, it won't hurt as long as you burn those calories :flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    I started 2 months ago at 152.2 pounds!
    Now I'm down to 142.2 pounds!!!!

I was at my "highest" for the third time this year when I started. I haven't seen 142 since the scale was going up the first time over a year ago!
  • MissGorgeous
    i started MFP like...april? or march? of this year
    but i had only lost about ten pounds and i took a long hiatus from MFP
    but i still used what i learned from MFP and now im back to lose the rest!
    and be active here! its hard with 3kids but im trying!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    When I started I was
    199 pounds
    size 16
    I felt fat and lazy

Now
    162 pounds
    size any where from 8 to 12 depending on the fit
    Now I feel more comfortable in my skin
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Before MFP I was 205 at one time. Family troubles and life just got in the way.

I started MFP late February
    Weighed 190
    Today I am 171

I tried the YMCA in the spring but the atmosphere just was not for me. So I started walking but not consistent. Then summer came and I just maintained. By October I finally had it and started to buckle down.

I joined another gym November 17th and love it. Then Thanksgiving came. lol.

But, I am consistent now with exercise and i feel so much better. Back on track and ready to fight again. What is good is the weight I have lost is staying off. I never want to see 200 again.

Thanks to all the people that have supported me.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    I joined MFP in Oct 2007 at 257lb
    I was size 22-24
    Felt tired all the time

Now I am 168 (Goal is 170- but no lower than 165)
    I'm a size 8-10
    I feel Terriffic!!!!!!!! Lots of energy and more confident.

I am still working with a trainer and trying to increase my strength and muscle mass. My goal now is to get down close to 20% bodyfat, as I am currently about 24% bodyfat (down from 36%).
    I am at the gym 5 to 6 days a week, and have 1 complete day off from exercise. I have 1 free meal a week, when I remember- LOL.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Way to go everyone!

When I started MFP, I:

-Weighed 190 lbs:noway: :noway: :noway:
    -Wore a size 16 jeans, XL shirts
    -Felt like a fat, frumpy housewife

Today, I:

-Weigh 158 lbs. (goal is 145, but I would be happy if I reached 150)
    -Wear a size 8-10, depending on the brand of jeans, and wear a medium shirt
    -Feel like I am in better shape than I was when I was 18 (I know that I am!)

I exercise 5-6 days a week, for at least 45 minutes if not more. My strength and endurance have increased a lot, and I have one "cheat meal" a week so I don't feel deprived and then rebel as I have been known to do.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    i started my weight loss journey in April 2007 and have had many ups and downs but i am back on track again!

i started at heaviest - 218 lbs
    felt - really low, horrible, didnt want to go out to see my friends, hated mirrors

now i am a lighter - 180 lbs
    feel - better im myself, cant wait to lose more weight so i can go clothes shopping!!! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    When I started MFP in Jan 08 I opened an account and did nothing else! I lost a little weight from Jan to June and then for many reasons I began my journey.

So my start date is the 1st week of June 2008.

I was 168.5 pounds
    size 14 but really should have been in 16
    I could not get out of bed without a great deal of pain.
    Could not walk 2 blocks without a break.
    Could not life 5 pounds of weight.
    Did absolutely no exercise

I am now 143
    Size 10 (gettin loose!!)
    I jump out of bed every morning at 6:30 am with a good attitude cuz well..IT DONT HURT!!
    I now walk 2.5 miles 4-6 times a week
    I lift weights 2 times a week
    I do 30 push ups every other night
    I feel FANTASTIC!!!
  • MissGorgeous
    wow congrats everyone!
    we are all doing sooooooo well!!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    I am gonna go back prior to finding this site. although it has helped me tremendously mainly in support. but when I started my wt loss quest I was 200+ pounds I was in a size 20/22 I couldnt even walk a mile and yo-yoed between a 16 to a 12 but eventually settled in a 15/16 then I decided to change my life and have gradually dropped off and gotten to a 6-8 and have a couple more sizes to drop and I am able to run competitvely. I ran a 10K as my first road race and I feel killer!!!!!!
  • I started in November and have so far lost 4lbs. If I keep going like this I will reach my short term goal of 135lbs on April the 23rd which will be the day I leave for my Florida holiday! :bigsmile:

Start Weight: 167.5
    Current Weight: 163.5
    Short Term Goal: 135.0
    Long Term Goal: 126.0

Come on everyone! We can do it! I love this site!! :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    I started counting calories in March and weighed in at 210:grumble: ..wore a TIGHT 16.

I joined MFP in June and weighed 187.:huh:

I'm currently 164 with 19 pounds to go!:drinker: :drinker: I wear 12's now.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    When I first started MFP at the end of April, I was officially "overweight" on the BMI charts. :noway: I have lost 16 pounds ~ my old jeans finally fit, and I am SO looking forward to go shopping for new clothes! :smile: I love MFP :heart: Keep up the great work, everyone!! We'll get there :flowerforyou:
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    I started my weight loss after things settled down with my last baby, around Feb 2008 weighing about 235 in a size 20. I was a little inconsistent and first, but have made it down to 197 wearing a comfortable 16 (maybe trying 14 soon!). DH and I have started going to the gym together (although once we get there were generally split up and do our own thing) 2-3 days a week and usually once on our own. I feel great and very proud of what I have done for ME!
  • ranaelynn
    ranaelynn Posts: 115 Member
    Started at 245
    Currently 180
    Goal 145

Always worn out no energy and frankly did not at all like myself for what I had let my self become
    Now I smile when I go into the dressing room with an arm full of size 12's! And I am not even done yet!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!