Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    I'd wanted to lose a small amount of weight for a long time, but it hadn't seemed worth the effort. I tried to lose weight a couple of times, and was sort of successful, but then a stressful college semester caused me to put on more weight than I was comfortable with. At that point I decided I'd put more effort into it, because doing it on and off wasn't working for me.
  • landiekate
    landiekate Posts: 32 Member
    I'll admit that mine was originally for vanity reasons. I looked in the mirror a few years ago, and realized that I was "fat" and didn't like that ; so I became obsessed with looking like the girls/women on TV and in magazines.

Really stupid looking back at it. And vain. So vain.
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    I had to strain to tie my work boots. Really simple but I never had that feeling before and immediately stuck to a plan for the first time ever
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    I got out of breath putting on my goalie equipment. Could barely tie my skates
  • cruzmom123
    cruzmom123 Posts: 72 Member
    A picture of me at a baby shower was posted on facebook. I was standing next to the mom-to-be and I was actually bigger than her. At the time, however, I'd just had a baby 9 months earlier. I knew it was time to lose weight!!!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    My arms were tingly and I couldn't walk a mile at all. I was only 18. Had to change.
  • dexlyn813
    dexlyn813 Posts: 84 Member
    My XL work scrubs was getting tight. I went from medium to xl in a year. Also the isolation gowns you have to put on in the hospital was getting tight.
  • Lizsj01
    Lizsj01 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello,

When I'm dressing in the morning to go to work and I'm struggling to dress my pants because they don't fit.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    I knew I needed to, but the kick in the pants was my wedding photos. I actually looked fat in them, and that really bugged me.
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    I gained almost 40 lbs after being on Prednisone for almost 4 months for a lung infection last year. I ate every thing I could get my hands on. Every couple of weeks at the Dr I would step on the scale and it was up 5 lbs every time. Everyone kept saying don't worry, you will lose it when you get back healthy again but I was dragging my feet about dieting. Then my boss took a picture of me at work this last Thanksgiving and that was the first time I had seen myself in a picture since I had gained it. Internally I was like 'OH MY FREAKING GOD"!!! I was fat. There was no 2 ways about it. I had never weighed more than 155 lbs and now was almost 200. My only child graduates in May and I plan on being back down below 160 for that because it will be lots of picture taking and I can't avoid the camera for that!