New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• gbpacker001
    gbpacker001 Posts: 39 Member
    OK I bought the peanut butter pop tart and it was very good for a cheat! I did not buy the chocolate peanut butter just the plain peanut butter one. Tasted like a big warm peanut butter cookie. I am going to look for the whips no shop rite here but going to check some of my local stores.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    New to me, I recently tried Yasso frozen yogurt bars. Caramel swirl and chocolate covered. Very good!

Yeah I tried those... Found them way too bland. Actually threw away the rest of them... although I guess it was just caramel ones and they were not covered in chocolate.

• Francl27
    edited January 2015
    Ok I found something worth mentioning. The same company that makes Vitatop makes mini loaves called EnergyLoaf. I bought two kinds, banana nut bread and cornbread, had the cornbread tonight and it was really good. It has great macros too - 110 calories, 5g of protein, 8g of fiber. Same size as a standard cornbread (which are usually what... 200+ calories?). The only issue obviously is that even at 40% off it was $3 for the box of 4, so it's probably not going to be a repeat purchase unless it's on sale again.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    chouflour wrote: »
    Trader Joe's has new "crispy, crunchy broccoli florets" - it's like the broccoli version of banana chips. They were surprisingly tasty, and I can't eat anywhere near what they call a serving.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Got to try those oreos too. Although I admit... I've never had anything 'red velvet' in my life... What does it taste like?

I just ate a couple red velvet fudge Grahams . nothing special. In for Oreos tho.
  • sdwdickson
    sdwdickson Posts: 45 Member
    Found butter flavored pretzels made by snyders of hanover at walmart. My daughter and i both agree that taste similar to wetzel's pretzels.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    No clue it is new but I picked up chobani oats in the yogurt section to try!! Also - truffle Hershey kisses are out for Valentines day and are oh so chocolatey and good!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I ended up trying the 7-layer dip Combos yesterday and they're simultaneously not that great and kind of addictive. They taste like the blandest refrijitos imaginable mixed with the plainest guacamole conceivable, the filling is mushier than other Combos flavors, the "corn tortilla" shell is sort of disgustingly dry and crumbly... yet something about them is weirdly satisfying, and when you're done eating you remember them fondly. I won't buy them again because life's too short to waste calories on stuff I don't wholeheartedly like, but I'll probably finish the bag I bought with something approximating pleasure.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    603reader wrote: »
    I just picked up the gingerbread and pumpkin pie poptarts...very yummy. I'm going to have to go looking for that Chobani

There are gingerbread poptarts?!

There are and they are delicious >:) ... but I don't think they are as good as the pumpkin.
    I don't like pumpkin things lol

I might have to find those other poptarts though. Oh man!

@troutsy you lied to me!
    I checked 2 different stores and NO gingerbread potarts.
    I did get chocolate chip cookie dough poptarts though.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    @Lishie_rebooted I'm really sorry you can't find them!! :( I had some this morning for breakfast. Maybe amazon? I haven't had the cookie dough ones though! I'm going to have to go find them
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    I just had the Salted Caramel Chobani flip the other day-it was really yummy, and I have the Hazelnut one and the Green Tea Blended cup in my fridge. I also saw those Dannon creamery things and have been tempted to try them.
    This brand isn't new, but I recently discovered Amy's Organic. They have frozen meals for one, as well as pita pocket sandwiches, burritos, and breakfast wraps. I've tried a few of the items and they're really yummy!
    Those Red Velvet Oreos will be mine.
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    B0ZxH-pCYAAL6B6.jpg-large.0.jpeg
    i'll take some of these to go with the tea i picked up over the weekend! o:)
    cs-teas-web-1.jpg?1421431212
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJdAxTxezsGRNXEZvuiIUa4nmtc_vzMKCemN27nPjGvkdl-yFS

just... get me a spoon and i'll eat it in one go.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

ah yes, those quest bars are disgusting. I don't know how people can make it through more than a bite, the after taste - yuck!!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    @Lishie_rebooted I'm really sorry you can't find them!! :( I had some this morning for breakfast. Maybe amazon? I haven't had the cookie dough ones though! I'm going to have to go find them

It's probably a seasonal thing.
    The cookie dough ones were good.
    I should have only eaten one, not both. Be forewarned lol
  • Francl27
    Yeah most of the gingerbread stuff is out of the stores by now :(

Amy's organic is good stuff. I absolutely love their Mac and Cheese but haven't bought it once in 2 years, I don't know how I could fit in within my calories without being hungry after :(
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member

It's probably a seasonal thing.
    The cookie dough ones were good.
    I should have only eaten one, not both. Be forewarned lol

Lol I'll keep that in mind. I do love me a good poptart haha