Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 98 Member
    Good Luck to everyone on their healthy living journey. We can do this
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Health and realising the longer I continued the way I was, then the more at risk i was from serious medical conditions. Looking in the mirror, few photos and seeing a local gym. It just clicked, but it had taken years to do so. If Id realised how straightforward it was then id have done it years ago.
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    3 years ago I lost 2 stone, but my Mum became ill and I became stressed so comfort ate. I put on 2 1/2 stone in the last 18 months, looked in the mirror and realised I was no longer curvy just FAT, I was at my heaviest and unhappy.
  • yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I got tired of looking at all the fat on my body.

• HannaBrian
    HannaBrian Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am Hanna, I looked at older photos, and I want to get my body back :-)
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    I have had many life changes and epiphanies these last two and a half years. I have bounced between 277 and 299 for about two year. Xmas day I was 301.5, I wasn't even scared, just defeated. I released that I needed to do something if I was really going to follow my dream of circumnavigating the world. I was quite the amateur body builder when I was in my twenties, while in the army. 15 years behind a desk has taken a toll. I wanted a lifestyle I could follow and adhere to anywhere in the world.
  • kmoney92
    kmoney92 Posts: 5 Member
    It was a mix of factors that got me to make the decision. I had trouble fitting into jeans that I clearly remember fitting perfectly in (even a little loose) before. I was having gastro issues and tons of stomach pain. By the time I decided to sign up for the gym, I hadn't weighed myself so when I went to the doctor yesterday and weighed in at 137 when this time last year I was at 124 (5'0"), I was stunned. My goal is to get down to a healthy 99 lbs.

Needless to say, I'm ready for a change. :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I would pick up a medium shirt in the store and think "that looks so small", my cellulite was creeping toward the front of my thighs instead of just the back, my stomach which was usually on the flatter side even at a high weight (I'm pear shaped) was getting ROUND, and hard.
  • charlene11billy
    charlene11billy Posts: 2 Member
    I finally decided I wanted to be here to watch my grandson grow up, besides, I promised my husband he'd have a hot wife :blush:
  • Momnoon1977
    Momnoon1977 Posts: 31 Member
    It was not the doctor telling me I had high cholesterol, or high blood pressure, but rather feeling like I was going to die after walking u the stairs to the observatory on vacation with my daughters. I came home, joined the gym, and cleaned out the fridge and snack cabinet.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    My jeans where getting tighter.. i looked at myself said this is enough. I'm tired of being unhealthy. . Also I'm turning 24 this year .. i don't want to be fat in my mid 20s
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 98 Member
    Last labor day we took my daughter horseback riding for the first time ever. And although I knew they would tell me I couldnt ride because of my weight the way I felt the moment the lady looked at me like "theres no way in hell ur getting on any of my horses" made me feel the worst. It broke my heart to not be able to take that first ride with my daughter and I promised to change from that day. I am down 52lbs since then and wont stop until I reach my goal. And I am never going back to where I was or anywhere close to it. I always did good at keeping at a healthy weight until I was about 25, I stopped making myself a priority and now I am. The worst part was that it had nothing to do with me being lazy, I just simply ate way more than I should have.

52lbs down...................Way to Go!!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    I used to sweat while I ate.
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    I am 23 years old & it looks like I have birthed or is currently pregnant with a child. This round stomach of mines plummets my confidence. I want to be confident and physically stronger!