Would you date a woman who has kids and you do not?

1235»

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    yes i would, IF she does not have ex drama, and if she doesnt come to the dating table as a mom. Need to be able to court her as a woman first, then meet the kids down the road.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    i have in the past she had two kids. the meet ex hubby is soooo unconfortable but he insisted on meeting me since i was going to be around his kids. but if the chace open up again i would take my time and not rush into it. the break up was not good for any one except her she got a new guy and replaced me fast.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Yes...next question.

8488541.png
  • ibtiamat
    ibtiamat Posts: 26 Member
    No. Cause I'm married. And generally don't date women And I don't like kids, generally.

I also wouldn't date a dude with kids cause again: Married and generally don't like kids

well this is for men but if women want to give input so be it

yeah....that will definitely happen, being a public forum and all. Don't see why this should be limited to one sex anyways...or sexual preference either.

Regardless of who has the kids (female or male), it is all about personal preference and making a decision by the other party in regards to feeling ready to accept a certain level of responsibility that will happen if the relationship progresses far enough.

Comes down to the other party wanting and being ready to have a family....as well as being prepared for the difficulties that they will face in regards to "becoming" a part of a ready made family.

:tongue: Amen.
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    NOPE! Only if the kids were old enough to be doing their own thing. I have tried dating men with young children and as it should be their time is consumed by them, I find that hard on a relationship, or when a guy is looking at you to be "mommy"--I never wanted children, I took precautions not to have them and I don't want them in my almost 40's....so if they are under 14 years old I won't get seriously involved with them. That isn't being selfish either, if you know what you want and don't want do it for you, no one else's opinion really matters to your quest for happiness!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    NOPE! Only if the kids were old enough to be doing their own thing. I have tried dating men with young children and as it should be their time is consumed by them, I find that hard on a relationship, or when a guy is looking at you to be "mommy"--I never wanted children, I took precautions not to have them and I don't want them in my almost 40's....so if they are under 14 years old I won't get seriously involved with them. That isn't being selfish either, if you know what you want and don't want do it for you, no one else's opinion really matters to your quest for happiness!

Agreed 100%. Not every woman wants kids, and especially not to be saddled with another woman's kids. I also made sure I would never be pregnant.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    I am to old to deal with little ones (young kids) unless they are nephews or friends kids so I can give them back. If they are older kids and there is no drama between the exes i have no problem. It would depend in the person. I don't want to be raising little children in my 40's-50's. when I was younger maybe but now? Nada. I've even taken precautions with myself to ensure that's not happening. It's enough that I will have to be dealing with menopause in the near future (which I hope is way way off).
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    No. I'm terrible when it comes to the double standard on this topic. If I wanted an actual relationship with somebody, they would have to be kid free. If I was interested in just hooking up, it really wouldn't matter. I guess it's a good thing I'm not single.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    During my divorce, my ex kept telling me, " You're 40 years old with three kids. No one will want you. You'll be alone for the rest of your life." That didn't stop me from not wanting to be married to him. (Can you guess why I wanted to leave?) Thankfully, I found a wonderful man who was open to dating me, even with my 3 teen-aged daughters and crazy ex. As a matter of fact, I was the one reluctant to date him because he was 6 years younger than me, with no children and I didn't want to go down that road again. However, we took a chance on each other. We fell in love and eloped 6 months later. My life has never been happier.

Given my story... I would never say never because you could be shutting the wrong door!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Given my story... I would never say never because you could be shutting the wrong door!
    [/quote]

^^^this!
  • TaraHancock827
    TaraHancock827 Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2015
    Id hope that if I were ever dating again that I would meet a man that would love and accept me and my 3 beautiful children. More to love is what I would think!! The way to a womans heart is to love her children.
  • RachelStidd
    RachelStidd Posts: 1,102
    edited January 2015
    I wouldn't date a woman with or without kids...
    But I would date a man with kidskids:)
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    RenCara wrote: »
    During my divorce, my ex kept telling me, " You're 40 years old with three kids. No one will want you. You'll be alone for the rest of your life." That didn't stop me from not wanting to be married to him. (Can you guess why I wanted to leave?) Thankfully, I found a wonderful man who was open to dating me, even with my 3 teen-aged daughters and crazy ex. As a matter of fact, I was the one reluctant to date him because he was 6 years younger than me, with no children and I didn't want to go down that road again. However, we took a chance on each other. We fell in love and eloped 6 months later. My life has never been happier.

That's a nice happy ending.

Guys these days want all the fun with no commitment. Try finding one that actually wants a relationship and all it entails.... they're few and far between, let alone worrying if he has kids or not. It's a part of life, just like ex's; if the person makes you happy and vice versa, what does it matter?

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    i have dated a man that had a kid and i would also date a women that had a kid

one kid not a gaggle of gremlins
  • RachelStidd
    RachelStidd Posts: 1,102
    LuvPosh wrote: »
    RenCara wrote: »

That's a nice happy ending.

Guys these days want all the fun with no commitment. Try finding one that actually wants a relationship and all it entails.... they're few and far between, let alone worrying if he has kids or not. It's a part of life, just like ex's; if the person makes you happy and vice versa, what does it matter?

Right on!! Nicely said!
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member

Right on!! Nicely said!

• aklose72
    aklose72 Posts: 499 Member
    Married one!
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited February 2015
    Date, yes. Marry? Probably not. I don't want the unnecessary stress of dealing with kids who aren't mine, their parents, and parenting limits.
  • mamameaof2kiddos
    mamameaof2kiddos Posts: 6,611 Member
    edited February 2015
    If I am available :) with kids or not.. Yes of course I would!!
  • SangreViento
    SangreViento Posts: 289 Member
    Absolutely. Assuming these children would benefit from another parental figure.