My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Replies

• RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member

Not really. My thighs changed in how far around they are, but measuring my tattoo before and after it didn't shrink at all and still fits my shape. Also, tattoos are more painful the less fat you have.....

I got it, I was trying to be cute [fail]

• killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    RNGRZulu wrote: »
    Not really. My thighs changed in how far around they are, but measuring my tattoo before and after it didn't shrink at all and still fits my shape. Also, tattoos are more painful the less fat you have.....

I got it, I was trying to be cute [fail]

Fail, indeed.

Woman, you look amazing. I've been around here long enough to know (yea, new profile, lol) that your inside is just as beautiful. Congrats. Even though this is old. And you lost the way a long time ago. lol. But you've maintained, and that's probably even more admirable.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    You look amazing. i hope you're proud of yourself because you should be.
  • killerqueen21
    Wait...is that The Great Wave on your arm? Or art by Hokusai? If so, you may be my spirit animal.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Wait...is that The Great Wave on your arm? Or art by Hokusai? If so, you may be my spirit animal.

@killerqueen21 It is not The Great Wave or art by Hokusai. It's definitely inspired by a lot of that culture and the legends.

The two koi at the top of the shoulder represent my boys and is a blessing of strength and perseverance for them as they grow (as with the legend of the koi and the Yellow River). The cherry blossoms represent spring and youth. The koi swim up the river in the fall, so it should be leaves on my arm. I had it changed to cherry blossoms as a reminder to live fully in our youth. There is a whirlpool on my elbow representing the trials and tribulations I was going through and how they shape us. There is an unfinished cherry blossom towards the bottom that represents the unfinished story of our lives.

The koi on my leg is a cover up piece. A monument of the strength it takes to overcome some of the things I have been through.

Also, I have sort of maintained. I bulked and will be posting about my progress this summer :)
  • killerqueen21
    @usmcmp‌ Awh! That's freaking awesome :)! So much thought that went into them. I was like can I haz a butterfly. LOL. And hurry up and post pics!
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Very inspirational. And Thank you for your service.
  • dimeda78
    dimeda78 Posts: 44 Member
    Way to go! I'm so happy for you. You have certainly given me some ideas.
  • Mariabravo27
    Mariabravo27 Posts: 1 Member
    awesome work thanks so much for sharing your story :D
  • conangt87
    conangt87 Posts: 180 Member
    wow amazing!!!!!!
  • Tracyd262
    Tracyd262 Posts: 63 Member
    truly inspirational, well done !
  • usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

SpringBreakOregonCoast2009032.jpg
    255266_3636093856142_1148921215_n.jpg
    BeforeP90X001.jpg
    2012-10-09_12-14-28_475.jpg
    da047170-94ca-4408-880c-63f6db05e7cb_zpsb1f1fd5d.jpg
    a3a1401a-4978-4956-9add-6b4a0018dc26_zpsd044a55c.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

What does your ex have to say now? Also what do TDEE and IIFYM stand for?
  • Awesome! U look great! What does your ex have to say now?! Also what do TDEE and IIFYM stand for?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Awesome! U look great! What does your ex have to say now?! Also what do TDEE and IIFYM stand for?

I don't know, we don't talk very often and it's usually just about the boys.

TDEE is Total Daily Energy Expenditure. It's your BMR (amount of calories you would burn in a coma) plus your daily activity plus your exercise. If you have a fairly consistent level of activity and exercise using your TDEE and subtracting calories to make a deficit allows you to eat the same number of calories every day.

IIFYM means If It Fits Your Macros. It's saying that if you eat appropriately there is no reason to feel guilty or avoid things people normally call junk food. It's not an excuse to just eat junk food, because to follow IIFYM you have to eat well most of the time.
    iifym.com/introduction-to-iifym/
  • RhondaFit2014
    RhondaFit2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Incredible job!!!!
  • Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Wow respect, amazing.
  • usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

SpringBreakOregonCoast2009032.jpg
    255266_3636093856142_1148921215_n.jpg
    BeforeP90X001.jpg
    2012-10-09_12-14-28_475.jpg
    da047170-94ca-4408-880c-63f6db05e7cb_zpsb1f1fd5d.jpg
    a3a1401a-4978-4956-9add-6b4a0018dc26_zpsd044a55c.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Your Beautiful inside and out! :-)
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Wow you look great
  • kparsons34
    kparsons34 Posts: 5 Member
    Wow!! You are amazing !!!
  • aprilread2015
    aprilread2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Can i ask was u sticking to this app how many calliores it tells u to have a day and of course exsersise....... looking good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!