Looking for friends, ladies 40+ yrs :)

Hi, I'm Traci and I'm looking for MFP friends, women in their 40's like me. I've been very successful at losing weight in the past, several times as a matter of fact, but failed at keeping it off. So here I go again, it's a never ending battle.

Replies

• Here, too. Just turned 40. Hope that counts. Most recently got within 3 lbs of my goal weight at the end of August and whammo. Didn't watch what I was eating, stopped exercising and the holidays... and here I am.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    I have lost weight a few times never hitting my goal and gaining more than I lost. I am hoping this time I will make it to goal and maintain it.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Hi Traci! I'm 48. I've been on MFP for three years. Lost 40 pounds and then put 20 back on. :-( I'm back on track and I "think" I have it figured out this time. I'm on here daily and I do my best to be supportive and positive. Feel free to add me, if you like.
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Hello! I just turned 40 last week actually... I've been a yo-yo dieter all my life, lose it, gain back even more, lose again, gain back even more, etc., etc. Frustrating cycle! Anyway, I feel like THIS time I finally have a handle on it (I sure hope so anyway)! Please feel free to add me! :smile:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Hi Traci, turned 50 this year ! Feel free to add me if you like! On here every day.
  • joandrews929
    joandrews929 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello!! I'm 45 too. Just joined! Do not have a clue what I'm doing!
  • Hi! I'm 43. I've been wanting to lose too. I had the lap band back in 2007 & trust me, I regret it. I lost about 40 pounds and have gained 20 in the last two years. I know it's from eating out too much & being careless. I've been trying to find that "aha moment" to really give it my all and last Monday was it for me. So far, I've logged in every day here except the weekends because I don't have internet at home. I'm very proud of what I'm doing so far & taking it one day at a time.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    44 here. I went on hiatus for a couple years...still lost weight, but didn't "get it done" as I could have if I would have used MPF regularly. If you're still looking for friends, please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Hi there, I'm 43...44 in March. I'm actually new to all this. Change of job, change of life, and didn't notice that I slowly picked up about 15-20 lbs until NOTHING fit. Wearing scrubs can fool you! So, I need somewhere that I can get a little support and motivation to keep me honest :)
  • Hi I am Jan and I am 54 years old, I lost 72pounds before I joined MFP and have maintained my weight for 6 months it is time for me to get back on the horse and ride into the sunset! Looking forward to the support of others and hopefully I can be a support as well!