What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    I had an unusual Non-Scale Victory yesterday. My landlord asked me to squeeze into a tight space in the laundry closet to replace a smoke detector battery on the ceiling. I barely made it, and if I were 20 lbs heavier, I don't think either of us could have done it. Mr. Landlord then told me he noticed I lost weight recently and asked me what my secret was. Just calorie counting, sir.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I just worked through a problem, found a solution, I was so angry and talked it out with a friend, this is not like me, I hate confrontation but sometimes it is necessary. I did not eat, I did some problem solving.
  • Christi102012
    Christi102012 Posts: 87 Member
    edited January 2015
    This is from a couple days ago but I wanted to share. I realized that if I were to put on my wedding dress from two years ago (because I love that dress and would love to put it on again) it would be too big. It's all preserved and boxed up and I don't remember what size it is but I know I'm smaller now than I was when I got married. My profile pic is from our honeymoon (about 6 months after the wedding) and I know I'd gained a little after the wedding
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Last year at this time, I was looking to buy a face mask for going out in cold weather (the half face kind that covers your nose and ears with a Velcro strap in the back) and the largest one I could find in the store (I believe it was an XL) wouldn't fit. I couldn't get the straps to meet. This past weekend, I bought one in size Large. The Medium also fit but was a little too snug.
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    The scale went up this morning so I'd like to remind myself that I had to adjust my belt to make it smaller a couple of days ago, my riding gaiters are getting easier and easier to fasten (they're supposed to be difficult to zip up so time for new ones soon) and I flexed a bicep in the mirror this morning, not really expecting anything to happen but I have a LINE! I'm sure I've never had a line before. :smiley: Now go away line, I want proper biceps.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    I gained 0.4 kg this week so I measured myself, turns out I lost 2.5 cm from my waist since last month. I'm seriously thinking about not weighing myself anymore...
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Made it to 10,000 steps again finally yesterday. Time to get back on my streak :)
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    A colleague said I'm looking very svelte since I joined the gym. He hears me complaining about aching muscles and gym weirdos all the time though so he doesn't really count.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    I'm so proud of all of your NSVs! This is the one page I try to look at daily.

As for me...today I put on my dress pants for work and a few months back these buttoned but I was muffin topping a bit...and now I need to pull to keep them up. I also can pull the waist and have like an inch of free space. Might need to retire these after today!
  • PattieCakes25
    PattieCakes25 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2015
    I took a selfie this morning. Instead of holding the phone up and at an angle (because we all know it hides the double chin) I held it straight in front of me. I saw the picture and I dint have the normal double chin and chubby cheeks. I haven't lost much weight, but I can see a change and it makes me happy!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    I can plank for a minute and a half!
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Over the summer I ordered size 24XS pants and I couldn't button them or zip them up, so I kept those (it's a hassle to return clothes I order online) and ordered the 26XS.Those fit snugly and DH would help me button them in the morning.

Over time the 26XS pants have gotten loose, but I wasn't sure if it was because of weight loss (23 lbs since September) or because they were stretching out.

The other day while straightening up the house, my DH mentioned I should try on the 24XS pants, which were still folded on a chair. Last night I tried them on and they fit - as in they went on fine and I could button them myself. I got myself another pair of pants :-).
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    My roommate came to me for advice for healthy eating. I don't think he'll follow it...but he's impressed with how far I've come and wanted to know how I did it! I gave someone advice on how to eat! The old me that would only ever eat McDonald's breakfasts and have Chinese takeout for dinner is shocked right now...
  • kelroberts21
    kelroberts21 Posts: 18 Member
    My training company is going to use me as a "before and after" in a new campaign they're doing! It's a fitness competition they are starting, and I almost fell over when they said they wanted to use me as the inspiration. I sometimes don't see the 51 lb difference...but apparently they do! :blush:
  • ilovesweeties
    ilovesweeties Posts: 84 Member
    Last night I did my first 30 minute run in the last week of couch 2 5k and today I tried on some UK size 12 jeans and they fit me. I don't think I have been a size 12 since I was 12!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Cancelling a vacation to the sunny south in the middle of winter. Boy that was hard but when being honest with myself I realized what I really wanted had nothing to do with the sun, surf and warmer temps.
    Amazing how clear your perspective can be.
  • joyzajda
    joyzajda Posts: 4 Member
    Looking back at my vacation pictures and loving what I see, instead of having to do strategic cropping to make them look good :)

0awf5gz7jmmn.jpg
  • amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    I woke up feeling thin today. Nothing spectacular or different about today, I just woke up and immediately felt good about how I am treating my body. It's encouraging me to keep going.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I got my morning workout in! The last 2 days, I've missed it b/c my alarm didn't go off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!