New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    I know it's probably not a very new food, but I recently discovered Oops All Berries cereal.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Light & Fit® Carb & Sugar Control 4 oz. 4-packs

The rich and creamy 3 gram carb cup (4 oz.) has 45 or 50 calories and 85% less sugar than regular lowfat yogurt.*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Got to bump this.

I found the Red Velvet oreos and they were on sale but only if you bought 2 packages, and I don't think my kids would like them... so I passed. Actually shocked at all the different kinds of Oreos there is. Wish they made a sampler pack or something.

The Yoplait whips were on sale and I had a $1 coupon so I got 5 for $4. Really, really love those things. Only tried raspberry and strawberry shortcake so far but picked up a couple more (the vanilla cupcake one, the lemon meringue one, and the tropical one).

I did buy the Light and Fit Greek salted caramel again and found it very underwhelming this time. Odd. The strawberry cheesecake and toasted coconut vanilla ones were way better than I remembered though.

Found a new kind of yogurt, Yulu Australian yogurt, it's 170 calories, 7g of fat, 9g of protein, but not worth trying out at $1.69 a cup and the flavors were nothing new (I had a coupon but still too expensive).

I did buy Reese's peanut butter chocolate spread (to put in my oatmeal tomorrow morning) and Turkey Hill Box of Chocolates ice cream (not bad for 170 calories a serving).

Clearly I don't focus too much on the salty stuff...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    green tea kit kats, finally showed up in the mail. amazing.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Wow!!! Mine is far from food. I want the new bowflex tredclimber! Lol
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    @francl27, I have a recipe for cornbread that ends up being somewhere between 100-150 cals a piece depending on the yogurt you use and how you cut them.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/excellent-and-healthy-cornbread/
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    I have not seen the Greek whip yet What store did u get them at. Definitely going to look for the chocolate peanut butter pop tart. I know it is probably not the healthiest to eat but sounds good for a portion controlled treat. My new find Is sugar free silk cashew milk. I LOVE it better then almond milk

• successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Seconding this. 25 calories a cup. Can't beat that!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I've enjoyed the Fit Crunch bars that Robert Irvine's been hawking.
  • mai1777
    mai1777 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    chouflour wrote: »
    Trader Joe's has new "crispy, crunchy broccoli florets" - it's like the broccoli version of banana chips. They were surprisingly tasty, and I can't eat anywhere near what they call a serving.

These sound delicious!

I also have to plug the Whips Yogurt. We love the lemon meringue around here (and I don't normally like citrus flavored things). Delicious!

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Has anyone noticed any new interesting product recently?

The Yoplait Cinnamon Bun yogurt sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check Wal-Mart & Giant the next time I go shopping.

I bought the new Red Velvet Oreos today & they're pretty good with a nice cream cheese flavor.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    I can't wait till the stores get the Ben & Jerry's Cookie Core flavors.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I bought the "so delicious" coconut coffee creamer bc I'm going off dairy for a while (at least) and it's pretty satisfactory.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Got to bump this.

I found the Red Velvet oreos and they were on sale but only if you bought 2 packages, and I don't think my kids would like them... so I passed. Actually shocked at all the different kinds of Oreos there is. Wish they made a sampler pack or something.
    I like the birthday cake ones. They're pretty good. And I'm also a fan of the mint (the store brand has mint double stuffed...)
  • Francl27
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    I can't wait till the stores get the Ben & Jerry's Cookie Core flavors.

Oh yes.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Quest bar, smores flavor. Heated for 8 to 10 seconds. Fiber one strawberry streusal bat, and the thing I just ate for breakfast kodiac cakes the high protein variety, such a yummy pancake with good protein
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    GolfsOften wrote: »
    I've recently taken a liking to the KIND bars.

I love Kind bars!

My boyfriend bought one variety (don't remember which kind), and I thought they were horrible. Kind of slightly flavored cardboard. Not my think, but if I'm going to eat a bar, I tend to gravitate towards protein bars anyways.

They're not all good. Some have zero flavor, and some are sickeningly sweet.

I do particularly enjoy the Nuts and Spices bars. All of those I've tried are good. The Almonds with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt is probably my favorite. I don't get them often, though - they're not filling to me so I treat them like a candy bar.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I've enjoyed the Fit Crunch bars that Robert Irvine's been hawking.

I LOVE the peanut butter version! Mmmm. . .
  • Francl27
    stealthq wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    GolfsOften wrote: »
    I've recently taken a liking to the KIND bars.

I love Kind bars!

My boyfriend bought one variety (don't remember which kind), and I thought they were horrible. Kind of slightly flavored cardboard. Not my think, but if I'm going to eat a bar, I tend to gravitate towards protein bars anyways.

They're not all good. Some have zero flavor, and some are sickeningly sweet.

I do particularly enjoy the Nuts and Spices bars. All of those I've tried are good. The Almonds with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt is probably my favorite. I don't get them often, though - they're not filling to me so I treat them like a candy bar.

I like the chocolate peanut butter ones, my favorite so far are the almond apricot ones though. I agree that they're not very filling on their own, but if I have an apple with them, they are great.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    I just saw that the Endangered Species brand of chocolate has come out with a chocolate/hazelnut spread like Nutella, but suitable for vegans. I'm patiently waiting for it to come to my area. I miss Nutella! :'(