Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    stepped over the line between overweight and obese, and thought "hell no!" Also feeling like an old fart at age 30. And complete lack of knowledge of meal planning. And being tired all the time. And generally wanting a sense of control back in my life.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 176 Member
    I've been uncomfortable in my own skin for a while. It took looking at Christmas pictures before I decided to try and shed my pregnancy weight. I look(ed) like a fat middle school boy. I'm hoping to be down to 145, my pre-pregnancy weight by summer. But 120 is my end goal.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Mid life crisis.. Yikes I turned 40, then 41, then 42, then 43, then 44, then 45 then 46.

BAM I had an extra 15 pounds to go with those years!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Budding manteets.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 98 Member
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Window shopping and wishing the big lady would get out of my way so I could see. It was my own reflection in the window....ugh.... wakeup call or what!!

Wow......major wakeup call. I too at times don't recognize myself. I'm beyond ready to shed the pounds.
  • dougl004
    Lol @ mojo
  • robotechfan
    robotechfan Posts: 6 Member
    I worked in a prison. Easily ignored the fat jokes from inmates because their opinions are pretty useless, but by the time I had to order bigger uniform pants twice and then having my belt literally exploded off me in control one day like a subway commercial, I couldn't ignore it anymore and decided it was time to change.
  • mkh79
    mkh79 Posts: 4 Member
    I knew I was overweight, but didn't realize just how bad it had gotten until my boyfriend bought me a new phone. I was laying down, and he was playing with the phone and took a picture of me laying there. When I saw the picture I was horrified. I didn't realize how big I had gotten until then. Seeing my fat how others are seeing it made me sick. That was my wake up call.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I took the dog for a walk. Usually someone else walks him, but I was the only one available that day. 2 minutes in I was gasping for breath.. pushed through as much as I could and the whole walk lasted 7 minutes. It was the straw that broke the camel's back and pushed me to take action. A week later I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes, and it was what gave me the motivation to not quit. Right now my blood sugar is well within the normal range, which keeps me motivated to keep going!
  • ullc316
    ullc316 Posts: 33 Member
    I have high school records and no 1 could believe that I did that! My daughters use to say your belly is fat! Now they say different order is restored lol
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    I've always been heavy, but being single and trying to online date... wow. People have no issues with just telling me "You're too heavy/fat/I don't like women your size". And I realized... I WAS that size.

I'm losing weight for me, because it's past time. I have a closet full of beautiful clothes that I haven't fit into for a long time. That will change. I will be healthier, move faster, and feel better.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    I'm going to England to visit my boyfriend and I've been worried for a long time that his friends will ridicule him for being with a fat girl... so the solution is, just don't be fat, I suppose. It's hard, because I don't really have any problems with how I look now, and I hate that I'm changing because of how someone else might see me. But nonetheless, it'll make plane travel a whole lot easier.
  • stefchrysler
    stefchrysler Posts: 47 Member
    Had a baby almost 12 years ago and just didn't try. The 90 pounds I gained with him have yet to leave.
    Been trying for 6 years. But then give up. I know I can because when I found out I was going to Hawaii for a vacation a couple years ago I started doin the gym and eating healthier and lost 17 pounds in 7 weeks. Then I stopped and started university and didn't step on a scale until last January and I had gained 40 pounds in 2 years. I knew I had because I felt it but it was a shock. Been yoyoing since. Just started again in sept and lost 18 pounds from sep-dec went on vacation and gained 8 back. I am getting married next spring and my goal is to lose 80 pounds. I have 14 months. I would be happy with 50 but 80 is ultimate goal. I now have a workout/meal buddy and I have not given up yet.
  • My boyfriend. I know they say you should lose weight first for yourself but I want to to look good and feel good for him
  • dougl004
    Love reading everyone's Ah Ha moments. :)
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Oh my gosh the button thing made me laugh! I think it was when my boyfriend said..in a sexy way...mmmmm that gut. (it was hanging out) WHAT!? NO! There is no sexy mmmmmm about a GUT! lol.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2015
    My doctor wanted me to take a diabetes test, which insulted me, because I was 10 to 15 pounds overweight, then I saw a show with people who contacted Type 2 diabetes that were only a few pounds overweight, and that was the cold bucket of water over my head. I am at a normal BMI now, goal weight and I feel decades younger and more active, and my doctor is happy too.
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    I felt mentally and physically unfit most of the time and got fed up with it. Deciding to lose weight was just part of that.