Brick wall

Options
Feel like I've hit a brick wall already and just wanna eat anything sweet (bad) Need some motivation! It's bringing me down

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Best you can do for yourself is breaking the connection sweet - bad. Eat food you like, just in reasonable amounts, every day.
  • princesschanteee
    princesschanteee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    But I can't deal with the guilt after :/
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    If you're eating within your calorie defecit, you will still lose weight, so there is nothing to feel guilty over. I don't agree with making negative connotations to food types; if you want something sweet, just make it fit into your calories, and eat it guilt-free. I eat chocolate almost every day because I love it and I don't feel guilty because I almost always stick to my daily goal - with the odd naughty day, nobody is perfect - and I've lost 40 pounds so far. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • princesschanteee
    princesschanteee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you're eating within your calorie defecit, you will still lose weight, so there is nothing to feel guilty over. I don't agree with making negative connotations to food types; if you want something sweet, just make it fit into your calories, and eat it guilt-free. I eat chocolate almost every day because I love it and I don't feel guilty because I almost always stick to my daily goal - with the odd naughty day, nobody is perfect - and I've lost 40 pounds so far. Don't be so hard on yourself.

That's great how long have you been sticking to your calorie counting? I think because I've only been doing it over a week I'm just over thinking everything and worrying
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Climb over that wall and keep moving
  • clg1241
    clg1241 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Brick wall look for a pig and a wolf.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I've been logging for 288 days now, losing 1lb a week. If you've only been at it a week, you probably are overthinking and need to not worry so much; it's not a fast process and it's not easy for everyone. The weight didn't go on overnight, and it losing it doesn't happen quickly either. It can take some time to get into the swing of logging, and working out what foods and choices fit best with your goals, just remember if you have slip-ups not to scold yourself too hard and make yourself feel like you're failing when you've barely begun. Stick with it, don't sweat the small stuff and you should gradually see the pounds dropping. :)
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    "I am not a product of my circumstances, I am a product of my decisions"

Make your decision :)
  • HannahVeggie
    Options
    Calories aren't everything, it's just something to keep in mind when eating and exercising.

If you are craving some junk food, grab a piece of fruit, maybe some apple and natural peanut butter. You can even try cooking or baking healthier versions of your favorite snacks (wheat thins + natural pb = healthier nutter butters). Don't go to "diet" foods because that will actually make losing weight harder.

Relying on whole and natural foods (like fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, beans, etc.) will help you loose the weight without depriving yourself from the nutrients your body needs