I never even wanted to read any of the success stories !

I have been on MFP on and of for a few years. But believe it or not this is the only forum section I didn't want to read- never. I don't know why - maybe resentment ? maybe fear of facing my real issues.. maybe not believing that I ever will be here ? I don't know why I just didn't.
- Now.. I'm writing a story in this section. It's almost un real for me.
18 Months ago I was 295 lbs at 5.6" . I was disgusted with myself and life. I was tired of everything .

Now I'm at 228 . I have lost 67 lbs and I have another 65 to go. I'm half way to my goal .

This time I'm not wishing for it to happen. I'm not dreaming about it. I'm not talking about it.

I'm doing it . I'm working for it. I'm fighting for it. With everything I have.

Not only will I achieve my weight loss goal- by the end of this year ( December is my dead line to be at 165 lbs ! ) I'm planning to get certified as a personal trainer. I don't care who is believing in me achieving it . I don't care who is laughing. I know I don't look like one - yet . but I'm going to be one.

I want to be a trainer that can really touch other peoples lives and change it into positive. I know I have a passion for helping others . I know what it feels to be at the bottom.
After I get the certificate for my personal training- why stop there- get one for nutrition too. So I can be the full package .

I know how many times I would meet with a nutritionist and think to myself- you have no idea what you are talking about. You have no idea what it means to be a food addict, to be bulimic . you have no idea what it means to eat to " numb " .. to feel happy.. to cry .. to forget - you just don't know - and you are talking to me " just eat healthy " .

Same way I feel about trainers- those skinny girls that had never an issue with their body - ( the ones that I have met at least ) they are built in a small frame- skinny .. even if they had a few " vanity pounds " that's nothing compared to morbidity obese. - Than you standing in front of me with your 120 lbs telling me do " 10 more " .. but you have no idea what it means to even walk with carrying 300 lbs every single day ! .. You are lifting a 10 lbs dumbbell 3x12 and call that a workout.. well I'm carrying 300 lbs 24x7.. and call it a life !

For that reason - I believe I will be a good personal trainer. I have a real passion for it- for a very long time - but I was always afraid to say it out loud. Today I'm saying it - to my family- and to the world.

I'm going to do it.

Replies

• Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Good for you! I believe you can do it and I'm not laughing. You do it!
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    YOU FREAKIN' ROCK! I have respect for your gumption, your dedication, your determination and your heart. You just inspired me. And that is the reason for the Sucess board. Congratulations!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Awesome! You will be a great PT!
    I have been on MFP for 3 years. At first, the success stories was the only forum section that I read. I have to credit this forum for giving me the inspiration to continue. I read them every evening, and still do. I lost over half of my body weight and have been on maintenance for 15 months. I am pretty sure that I would never have reached this day without MFP, the success stories, and the struggles and triumphs of everyone that shares their stories.

Congratulations to you and best wishes for achieving your goal as a PT!
  • TamS2015
    TamS2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Great attitude. You r already inspiring
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    I believe in you!
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Nice. And the fact you want to be a personal trainer will help motivate you more.
  • NurseSassy76
    NurseSassy76 Posts: 23 Member
    Awesome !
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Good to read. You go do what you have to do! This post of yours in itself is like a pump up motivation quote :-) cograts on your progress already achieved
  • Amazing :) well done for losing so much already, and good luck in the future, it sounds like nothing can stand in ur way! Xxx
  • You are now one of those success stories. Be proud and loud about it. We only achieve success when we believe in ourselves. Screw what others think.
  • cloieclo
    cloieclo Posts: 33 Member
    I love this post! And I believe in you...you can do it! You should be so proud of how far you've come already.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    BRAVO, you are magnificent, well done on your success to date!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Same way I feel about trainers- those skinny girls that had never an issue with their body -

:huh:

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss.

But, why must you put down other people? How do you know what that 120 lb person has gone through, have you lived their life? Be happy for your success but don't put other people down and shame them. Those 120 lbs people could bust their butts in the gym all the time to maintain that you don't know.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    Same way I feel about trainers- those skinny girls that had never an issue with their body -

the only blemish on an otherwise positive and inspiring post. Just as you feel they don't understand or can't relate to your journey,you can't assume they've never had similar struggles, or demons of their own. Maybe they HAVE been there... I wish you best of luck OP and hope you achieve your goals but if you one day are that 'skinny' trainer you refer to, I also hope no one judges your book by it's cover!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    randomtai wrote: »

I am going to have to second Tai's reaction. Congrats on your success, but the statement regarding assumptions about the issues or lack thereof of "skinny people" is completely unnecessary.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss.

But, why must you put down other people? How do you know what that 120 lb person has gone through, have you lived their life? Be happy for your success but don't put other people down and shame them. Those 120 lbs people could bust their butts in the gym all the time to maintain that you don't know.
    +1
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Congratulations on you weight loss! And your dedication to yourself and your goals. You are rocking it!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    OP, you can lose even more weight ( and prob gain more clients) by losing that chip on your shoulder. I wouldn't want a PT or nutritionist with your attitude.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Congratulations!!! What an awesome accomplishment! Anyone with your kind of drive and empathy would make an excellent trainer. Don't let anybody dull your sparkle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!