amazing low cal lunch

I just found a great trick for an awesome lunch. I buy a pound of the healthiest deli turkey and have it package in 4 quarters. When I want a sandwich I just cut straight across the mid point of one of the quarters and have my recommended 2 ounces. I use the 100 calorie Arnold multi-grain thin bread, and use 2 tablespoons (60 cals.) of jalepeno hummus (in lieu of mayo or dressing). This sandwich is superb- add an apple or some carrot sticks and you have a filling, satisfying 300 calorie lunch- leaving plenty for dinner.

I've also noticed a huge difference in my appetite by switching to whole and multi grain cereal/bread/rice products. It take so much longer for the body to break down these complex carbs than white grains that have been stripped to simple form and are absorbed almost instantaneously- thereby leaving you hungry more often and less satiated.

Replies

• I just found a great trick for an awesome lunch. I buy a pound of the healthiest deli turkey and have it package in 4 quarters. When I want a sandwich I just cut straight across the mid point of one of the quarters and have my recommended 2 ounces. I use the 100 calorie Arnold multi-grain thin bread, and use 2 tablespoons (60 cals.) of jalepeno hummus (in lieu of mayo or dressing). This sandwich is superb- add an apple or some carrot sticks and you have a filling, satisfying 300 calorie lunch- leaving plenty for dinner.

I've also noticed a huge difference in my appetite by switching to whole and multi grain cereal/bread/rice products. It take so much longer for the body to break down these complex carbs than white grains that have been stripped to simple form and are absorbed almost instantaneously- thereby leaving you hungry more often and less satiated.
  • marsgirlly
    marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
    Good for you Cook, keep on trucking! :)
  • sometimes we just need remined a simple healthy meal is all we need to keep us on track!
    ~Mel
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!