AVOCADO!!!

Anyone else love Avocados? I have a slight obsession with them. Scrambled egg and avocado on toast is so good. Also just plain avocado on toast for breakfast is so nice ;)
Have a try...good fats x

Replies

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Love them avocados, mashed up and spread on rye bread is fav for me, and love chicken avocado bagel. oh yes and Mozzarella, tomato, avocado and Parma Ham. Avocado the perfect food.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Yep, I have developed a love for these. Grilled cheese with avocado and bacon are the bomb. Probably not the best for my diet, but delicious just the same.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    oh yeah, go through a bag a week here! My favorite is to mash them up with shredded chicken, greek yogurt, a little salt and papper, spread in a wrap, roll up and freeze. super yummy quick lunch, either zap it for 30 seconds or take out in the AM and it's thawed by lunch.
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Mash it up and use it instead of mayo in your tuna sandwich. It will change your life for the better.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    pepper. Not papper. I don't have an accent.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Now that I found out you don't have to buy avocado organic because the pesticide residue is pretty low (once peeled, of course) I'm going to start buying them. I passed up a bin of $1 avocados the other day at the store because I wasn't sure about it. Darn it. Should have looked it up long ago.
  • I love them too and try putting them in different dishes. Salads, omelets, tacos, etc.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    I have recently discovered these wonderful little fruits and I love them. Buy one every week now. I just wrap a slice in turkey or chicken lunchmeat. Matter of fact, that's lunch today! :smile:
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    <- Avocado addict right here. I mash them with a juicy tomato and use it as a creamy salad dressing, I mash them and use them in place of mayo for just about everything, I eat them with salt and a spoon. Did I mention I love avocados?
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    LOVE the avocados! Any way, any time, on anything! I have one sitting on my desk for lunch - just cut it open and eat it with a spoon! Grosses out my office mates - but, hey, makes me happy!
  • smlewis63
    smlewis63 Posts: 20 Member
    I have a ?
    I should not eat a whole one in a day so how do you store the rest so it does not turn brown?
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Avocado is muy sexy. Wifey's favorite food and in my top five. On toast is the bomb. Guacamole with habaneros is divine. Throw it on a sandwich, a salad, an omelet... jesus, give me more aguacate!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Oh hellz to the yes... Avacado FTW!!!
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    smlewis63 wrote: »
    I have a ?
    I should not eat a whole one in a day so how do you store the rest so it does not turn brown?

If you leave the nut in it it will last longer
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Oh my, yes.

I eat half at a time, I'm the only one in the house who likes them. I keep the stone in and put it in the fridge, wrapped in clingfilm. I cut off what little bit has browned the next day to scoff the other half.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    I love avocados! I use it as dressing for my salads. :)
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    I have no problem eating a whole avocado in one sitting! :)
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    I eat two to three a day. I just scoop it out, lightly salt them and eat them. I could eat dozens.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Oh hellz to the yes... Avacado FTW!!!
    This. I love Avacado. Yummm, grilled chicken or steak with a little Avacado. SO good.

• 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    smlewis63 wrote: »
    I have a ?

If you leave the nut in it it will last longer

I read that if you put a piece of onion in the baggie it won't brown due to acidity. Kinda like dunking apples in lemon juice so they don't brown in your fruit salad I guess.