What's everyone currently playing?

Replies

• eggcluck
    eggcluck Posts: 36 Member
    the new xcom, been in my library a while but never played it, got a huge black log so not playing any newer stuff. Buying older games that I have not played saves a ton ^^

I loved the original xcom back in the 90s I like the new one too but it is much more dumbed down but I may just be weird and appreciated the micromanagement and the options and freedom it gave in way others did not.
  • E_Goldfish
    E_Goldfish Posts: 21 Member
    Megabyte Punch, Warioland II and I really, really need to get back to Bayonetta 2.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    I been playing some of The Evil Within and The Bastion. Did walkthroughs on my youtube!
  • PowerAJS
    PowerAJS Posts: 25 Member
    Currently immersed in Alien Isolation. Encounters with the Alien just began and it's freaky. Love the attention to detail and how much it borrows from Ridley Scott's movie. I'm on my first new game+ of Shin Megami Tensei IV and doing a playthrough of BL - The PreSequel as Wilhelm when I need a break.
  • HunterKiller
    HunterKiller Posts: 361 Member
    Resident Evil Remastered. A cheesy blood soaked blast from the past :)
  • elixile
    elixile Posts: 80 Member
    Currently playing Ni no Kuni on the PS3, Ghibli RPG I got as a Christmas present :) Also watching housemate playing The Last of Us on his PS4 whilst trying not to go too green! We all had a go around the PT teaser too. Erk
  • elixile
    elixile Posts: 80 Member
    BattleTaxi wrote: »
    Simpsons Tapped Out, Elder Scrolls Online, Ultima Online, World of Warcraft....

Anyone playing ESO on US server want to chill?

I'm really interested in the Elder Scrolls Online game, as I loved Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim but I'm not a massive online RPGer - would you recommend?

• HunterKiller
    edited January 2015
    elixile wrote: »
    Currently playing Ni no Kuni on the PS3, Ghibli RPG I got as a Christmas present :) Also watching housemate playing The Last of Us on his PS4 whilst trying not to go too green! We all had a go around the PT teaser too. Erk

I played that PT trailer one night sitting in the dark on my own not knowing what to expect. Needless to say i nearly shat myself lol

• Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    I got my friend to finally buy a PS4 for Christmas; so I am playing Diablo 3 on it with him a lot. I'm also playing some Skyrim on the laptop, Guild Wars 2, Shadow of Mordor and even a little Destiny. I've also been playing a lot of Rogue Legacy on my Vita.
  • quzly
    quzly Posts: 78 Member
    Finished Destiny just started Far Cry 4.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Just gotten back to a near-daily session of Planetside 2. I've been playing it since it came out two years ago, and it's probably my favorite game these days.

So much depth, so many roles to do. Before that, I played a fair amount of Battlefield games but whenever I do a round of BF4 now, I'll think "Why am I doing this, when I could be playing Planetside?" It's so much better, IMO. I haven't even touched the air-vehicle piloting side yet, which has a huge skill ceiling to it.
    -
    Also been doing the "living story" or whatever they call it scenarios in Guild Wars 2. That's another fantastic game that I've been playing regularly for a few years now. World vs. World mode is really fun too if you get in with a good, smart commander.
    -
    Been doing skirmish games in Age of Mythology (vs. AI, not online) now that I've finished the campaign, and that game is excellent. I think it's even better than Age of Empires II - they really polished the gameplay and added a lot of new dimensions with the different civilizations.

RTS is one of my favorite genres, so I'm always stoked to play them. Probably do the campaigns of a Warhammer 40k RTS next, as I haven't seriously gotten into one of those yet and there are many good ones in the series. My nephew is really into those and gives them high praise as well. Any experiences?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    I have returned to WoW! The new expansion is actually fun (unlike the previous 2)
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Gotten back into Guild Wars 2 lately (I take a ton of breaks from it every now and then), and I'm replaying Silent Hill 2. XD
  • HunterKiller
    COD Advanced Warfare, Battlefield 4, Last of us on PS4 if anyone wants to play with.
    PSN Hunterkiller76-
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    WoW, D4, Minecraft and Walking Dead Season 1 for xbox one
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Right now it's pretty much just DA: Inquisition and I'm moving pretty slow on it too since it is so time consuming and I don't play unless I have at least 3-4 hours to devote. haha

I guess I also restarted The Last of Us re-mastered edition, I never got a chance to play the DLC the first time around so I am going to play through it again and then the DLC. It's just as good the second time it feels like!

I am also playing the telltale episodes as they come out and I got a chance to try out Life Is Strange this weekend which I thought was pretty interesting.
  • Dragon age inquisition FTW!! Also re-playing FFX and Dragon's Dogma..thinking about getting in to FFIV but a lil wishy-washy about it. Oh! And DCUO!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    abrazil65 wrote: »
    Oh! And DCUO!

DC Universe Online, right? That one's really fun. I'd like to concentrate on it fairly soon and work through it like it was a campaign, doing all the quests.

Though I think I'm always confused by the combat system. There are all these different attacks you activate with different mouse combos and I've never been into modern console-ish action-adventure games so that's all foreign to me and difficult. When I pick it back up again, I'll have to focus on getting that down. Last time I played, I felt like I was just button(mouse)-mashing my attacks mindlessly.
  • abrazil65
    abrazil65 Posts: 21
    edited February 2015
    abrazil65 wrote: »
    Oh! And DCUO!

When I pick it back up again, I'll have to focus on getting that down. Last time I played, I felt like I was just button(mouse)-mashing my attacks mindlessly.

Yeah, it ain't just a hack and slash, "healer need health!" Kind of game anymore! If you wanna be considered a good player by most dcuo players, you have to put some thought and money into your character's build. Certain weapons match specific powers, the right combination of powers will activate latent abilities (which you'll need eventually),and its damn near impossible to beat the game solo. So hunt for a strong but active league!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Finished my third playthrough of DA:I, needed a break...so I decided to boot up Mass Effect, but since I got a new laptop (specifically for the DAI release) I've had to go back and redownload and install some mods.

ME with the HR texture pack.....it's like a different game! And Shep actually looks good in game!