Just for Today - month of February. Would you like to join me, as we take this one day at a time.

Replies

• acohelan
    acohelan Posts: 1 Member
    Just for today: I would love to cut out my excessive snacking. I have a tendency to overeat snacks usually at around 2-3. So today I want to try and eat a healthy snack(carrots and humus) and try and keep busy till dinner at 6ish.

I lost a ton of weight about a year ago and then it started to slowly come back on. I am back at the weight I was when I started, frustrating, but I like how you put it. If I can stay on track, just for today, maybe that could build into two, three and so on! Staying positive and appreciating the journey today.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Oops, just noticed that we have a new thread for a new month!

Here are my goals for Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :smile: got 13,000 even though I didn't really work out yesterday
    2. Dance for fun! :smiley: 2.5 hours Latin dancing
    3. Get all laundry done so that workout clothes and towels are clean. :smile:

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. Stay well-hydrated...closer to 12 cups water than 8
    3. Start reading "Eating on the Wild Side: The Missing Link to Optimum Health" by Jo Robinson.
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    I am not perfect. Had all intentions of trying a new exercise class last night, but it was at 6:40 PM & once I got home I didn't want to go out. I should have known better. I think I will try it again though another time -- see if that keeps me from snacking at night.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Yesterday, 2/3
    1. Write down everything that I eat :)
    2. Drink water :)
    3. Clean closets tonite to keep from eating :):)

Keeping busy really helped me last nite. I think that is why during the day I can do so well - no time to think about food. Usually in the evenings I am tired, and I do a lot of sewing, but also snacking in between. So now I got my closet cleaned - and about 3 bags of clothes to go to Goodwill!!

So, Just for Today, 2/4
    1. Write down everything I eat
    2. Drink more water
    3. To do List - clean out our drawers
    4. Start working on charity quilt
  • mytime6630
    Just a quick update:
    We decided to head out TOMARROW bright and early! We should be in Washington by Saturday, the lastest! Also a thanks for all the congrats about the arrival of the Baby Natayla Mae! Boy, will it be tough spoling here, NOT! I promise once we get to Washington, I be MORE active here! Have a good week, everyone!!!

SAFE TRAVELS!!! SO excited for you! I would love to move closer to our son and grandsons! Yes, spoil them like crazy!!
  • mytime6630
    I am not perfect. Had all intentions of trying a new exercise class last night, but it was at 6:40 PM & once I got home I didn't want to go out. I should have known better. I think I will try it again though another time -- see if that keeps me from snacking at night.

I don't belong to a gym, but I find that if I can get out for a long walk at nite it does help. My hubby wants me to join a gym because many times it is too cold to get out and walk. But I know what you mean about going back out. Have you thought of b ringing your workout clothes with you instead of going home first?
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    Just for today, I will
    1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    2. Track what I eat
    3. Eat smaller meals, with snacks in between
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Hi from the UK.
    3rd Feb - 1 goal: to stay within my calorie target

Achieved goals for last 2 day. Even did outdoor bootcamp this morning on the remaining snow!

Goal for 5th Feb: to stay within my calorie goal. Wi make it 4 days running when I succeed.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Just for Today February 3

1. log or at least write down everything I eat :\ I was at least paying attention and not eating mindlessly. but I did not write anything down
    2. Keep water at my desk and be sure to keep drinking :| I am getting better here. Definitely successful Wednesday. :)
    3. Take time to enjoy the moment and see the humor at work, even if the stress level is increasing. I've survived this before, I can do it again. :\:|:) Yes, the stress did get to me Tuesday and some things were NOT funny. But......I was able to recover pretty quickly and I am focusing much more on the positive.

It looks like I will be here only every couple of days the next week or so. I'll keep checking in and posting as much as I can with my work schedule. So with that in mind, just for Today (February 5) I will

1. keep track of what I eat. Log or write down honestly.
    2. Keep water and my desk and Drink! This is making me feel better.
    3. Keep a positive attitude at work.
    4. Do Not lose track of time. Getting behind makes everything harder.

It's great to see everyone here. Remember, these little goals do help, but even if you do slip, just setting the goal and making an attempt is progress. Do Not be too hard on yourself!
  • New here & love this idea!
    2/4/15
    1)Log EVERY bite that passes my lips
    2) Go to bootcamp workout

Please feel free to add me for support & motivation :smiley:
  • jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    So I did not get up early, was LATE for the gym (my husband locked himself out of the house so I had to go back! lol) and I think I drank 2 glasses of water instead of 6. But hey, I worked out and stayed way under my calories and logged everything that went in my mouth. Still on track!

So what's tomorrow's J42day for me?
    - 6 glasses of water
    - We're going out for dinner tomorrow - I will stay with a lean protein and/or a salad with no grains. I know I can do it!
    - No sugar! ( I slipped today - I'd like to stay sugar free until Valentine's Day but omg there is a lot of candy around right now - has anyone noticed that!??)
    - Cardio of some kind
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    I am in just for today.

2/4

1. Just for today I rested my knee (pre-op Friday and surgery the 13th)

Tomorrow is a new day. I will find something I can do to exercise. Thank you for this group.
  • angelred4kids
    angelred4kids Posts: 13 Member
    Yesterday's fast food goal was not met. I ended up with fast food, and eating it after 8:00. I feel yucky this morning because of it! :\

Just for today Feb 5th Thursday
    1. Drink lots of water
    2. 5 fruits and veggies
    3. No eating after 8:00 PM

Just for today Wednesday February 4th
    I've been thinking about this one, because it's my late night and I may not even get supper till right about 8:00.
    1. Snacks under control
    2. 5 fruits and veggies
    3. work out - done!
    4. Eat slowly and give my brain and stomach time to catch up (Wednesday nights are notorious for me eating too much fast food because I'm gone a minimum of 12 hours)
    5. So #4 makes me think... just for today no fast food :wink:

• carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    Just for today

1. I will drink at least 8 glasses of water.
    2. I will log what I eat.
    3. I will avoid late night eating. I always feel the need to eat before I go to bed. Not sure why but i will lay in bed thinking about it until I get up and find something. Ugh!
    4. I will get out and take a 30 minute walk.
  • jazzyjez
    Yesterday's fast food goal was not met. I ended up with fast food, and eating it after 8:00. .....
    Yeah, I messed up yesterday and the day before too on my J42day goals! Good thing that is behind me and I can start fresh today! :)
    5. Eat slowly and give my brain and stomach time to catch up (Wednesday nights are notorious for me eating too much fast food because I'm gone a minimum of 12 hours)

Sounds rough! I don't know what I'd do. Probably try to forcemyself to snack on something satiating (is that a word) like nuts, or apples/carrots with a nut butter earlier. Also drink water to feel full.

And then there's the thought of trying to fix something healthy at 8 pm when you're tired and starving.

My fast food go to these days is Chipotle. It seems to actually work with my diet and feel pretty healthy. Or is there a way to always have leftovers from Tuesday available Wednesdays?

Good luck with today's goals!
  • jazzyjez
    Hi from the UK.
    3rd Feb - 1 goal: to stay within my calorie target

Achieved goals for last 2 day. Even did outdoor bootcamp this morning on the remaining snow!

Goal for 5th Feb: to stay within my calorie goal. Wi make it 4 days running when I succeed.

I think Feisty Jojo is smart with ONE goal. I will try that tomorrow. Maybe I will succeed that way! Keep up those calorie counts FJ! :)

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    edited February 2015
    Just for today 2/5/15
    1.) walk at lunch and get in over 10,000 steps today
    2.) have a light supper since I am having a subway sandwich for lunch today
    3.) be strong and positive for those around me
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Just for today:
    -Start my bodyweight exercises while the toddler sleeps (as found here http://www.startbodyweight.com/2014/01/basic-routine-infographic-poster.html). I love how I can tailor this to meet my own physical needs and slowly work my goals up as I get stronger!
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Just for today

1. Log my food
    2. think before I make a meal so that it is healthy but also delicious and appealing.
    3. Just move some today
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Just for today 2/5/15
    1.) walk at lunch and get in over 10,000 steps today
    2.) have a light supper since I am having a subway sandwich for lunch today
    3.) be strong and positive for those around me

Thank you Ruby. Number 3 just really touched me this morning.
  • Let's do this!