What's your favorite way to cook Eggs?

Replies

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Over easy, and served on a bed of sauteed kale or swiss chard. Or a steamed egg over a bed of arugula.

(Steamed egg = hard boiled egg, but super easy to peel. Especially when using fresh eggs. 22 minutes to steam, and no craters when you peel!)
  • JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Scramble the eggs, mix a little cheese in and green onions... then pouch in an egg poucher... sort of like a souffe~. Yummy.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Omelet with cheese and veggies. 2 eggs, 2 egg whites. usually 20-30g of mzoza or cheddar.
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Scrambled with garlic, siracha, and laughing cow cheese! Yum yum. I also love hard boiled eggs (although I only like the white part if hard boiled)
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Ohh I forgot about scotch eggs!!! Omg!! To die for!!
    w6wobpq8i8ol.jpg
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Basted on toast with salt and pepper. Soft boiled if I feel like putting forth a little more effort.
  • cpereira1288
    cpereira1288 Posts: 4 Member
    Scrambled with a little cheese and Turkey bacon with a slice of multigrain bread :smile:... over easy with a little salt... Or I make an omelette with spinach, mushrooms, salsa and cheese
  • shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    I love omelets of any kind but especially with cottage cheese added to them. A quick, easy, eat on the run is "eggs in toast"! Simply take your favorite bread and spread both sides lightly with butter. Take a small cup & cut a whole in the center of it (keeping this so you can fry it with the other ). Place on pan. Next add your egg in the center of the bread cooking both sides until the yolk is to your liking.
    Grab & go. My kids love this if they don't have time to sit down for a meal. I love to eat mine with salsa & siracha. Yum yum! :)
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Baked into an avocado with some hot sauce

tqcagk7re0iv.jpg
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Sunny side up with buttered toast for dipping, scrambled and covered in ketchup or hard boiled (whites only...boiled yolks are gross) and covered in hot sauce.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Over easy, and served on a bed of sauteed kale or swiss chard. Or a steamed egg over a bed of arugula.

(Steamed egg = hard boiled egg, but super easy to peel. Especially when using fresh eggs. 22 minutes to steam, and no craters when you peel!)

Shut the front door! Are they really easier to peel?! Im going to try it!
  • AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Baked into an avocado with some hot sauce

tqcagk7re0iv.jpg

Trying this tonight for dinner YUM
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited February 2015

I agree that you should never boil eggs. I don't get any craters either but what I do is bring the eggs to room temperature, put them in a pan and cover with cold water until it is 1" above the eggs, cover the pan, bring to a boil, take off the heat and let sit for 15 minutes, then plunge into cold water. The trick is to crack both ends of the egg before cooling it, then crack and peel like normal. The shell slips right off.

Like steam, the gentler heat of not boiling eggs makes them taste better, peel easier, and the whites don't get rubbery.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Poached or over easy. I love me a runny egg yolk.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Poached! Learned to do it a couple weeks ago and have one every chance I get. Put it on a piece of toast with a bit of butter and coarse sea salt, slice into the yolk so it slowly oozes out onto the bread as I eat. Noooom. It's my go-to 'oops I didn't eat enough calories today and it's too late to get ice cream'
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    I like eggs all ways!

I do use a little milk when making scrambled eggs or omelets. I find that it helps them stay fluffy. Also, always cooked in butter!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,871 Member
    All the ways, but the best way to use up a dozen is chocolate mousse.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    All the ways, but the best way to use up a dozen is chocolate mousse.

Lemon meringue pie will use up 4-6 extra (yolk in the filling and whites for the meringue)

• redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    I fry mine 95% of the time. Sometimes I make boiled eggs for snacks, and I rarely ever make scrambled eggs, but if I do milk and cheese is a must. I hate scrambled eggs that don't have milk in them.