Looking for Friends in all the right places - Anyone 44 out there?

Replies

• I agree with you, scottwblack. We know more now, and speaking for myself, I have more incentive to be in shape (compared to when I was young).
  • fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Would love to join your journey. I am 46 and have two boys; 19 & 14.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I'm 44 and a mom of three. Trying to lose 30 lbs. Down 8 so far. Would love ACTIVELY logging, posting, motivating friends. Feel free to add me.
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Hey there is a group here called 40 and Fabulous: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/446-40-and-fabulous

It has a lot of members but not very many posting. It would be a great central area to post updates, successes, struggles and maybe a Person of the Week thread.

:D
  • sweetkimrn
    sweetkimrn Posts: 44 Member
    My weight has fluctuated a lot over the past years. I'm a 5'11" tall female so I carry a lot more weight than I look (at least I think). I gained 50-plus pounds when I was pregnant 10 years ago and when my son was born I only lost maybe 12 pounds. Then a few years ago I lost 60 pounds and in the past couple years I gained 30 back :( anyway I weigh 214 at the moment and my goal is 175 so I've got a good bit to lose but I am going to discipline myself to eat cleaner and work out and I know it's possible! Feel free to add me!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    I am 45 anyone can add I am on everyday
  • Hi, 42 here. Mom to six, ages 5 to almost 22. I have about 74 lbs I would love to never see again. Anyone may add me :)
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    48 here. Lost 16 lbs in two months. I didn't do anything unusual, except logging everything and sticking my daily calorie target. Glad to talk to anyone who needs motivation.
  • New here and I'll be turning 44 this week. I work full-time and have 2 daughters. I have struggled most my adulthood trying to lose weight. This time I'm doing it for myself..and will succeed. I have a goal of 50 lbs. but in all need to lose more. Feel free to add me and through teamwork we will succeed!
  • vanbib
    vanbib Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you to all of you! I appreciate your stories and posting!
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Hello! I just recently turned 40 (one week ago actually), and although I don't have any kiddos I do understand wanting and needing support. I have a very sedentary job which doesn't help and the weight has gradually been coming on for the last 10 years, and I kept ignoring it and ignoring it 'til I just couldn't ignore it any longer. I started MFP the week of Thanksgiving (bad time to start I know but I had hit my "rock bottom" so to speak) and as of today I'm down 30 pounds, though I have a lot more to lose. Anyway, I enjoy meeting new supportive, active friends so please feel free to send a FR my way! And best of luck to all of us "40-somethings"! :smile:
  • gbrunsonhome
    gbrunsonhome Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm new here. I'm 42 with 2 kids - 11 & 9. I'm a stay at home mom and I would like to lose about 50-60. Would love all the support I can get and would love to give any support I can.
  • vanbib
    How is everyone doing? Just checking in! If you haven't connected with me, please feel free to do so!
  • byrnette
    byrnette Posts: 39 Member
    I lost 30 lbs in 2012 and almost gained it all back by then end of 2014. So here I am again. 7 days in and amazed that it works to log in your food. Duh. I am 45 and mom to three boys aged 13,12 and 10. Loved being fit but it also took a toll...I developed chronic low back pain and hours of driving the kids around made things even worse. Had hip surgery in October and learning to move again --slowly but surely. I cannot wait to get back to long hikes with my dogs and tennis with my friend. In the meantime, I am learning to eat well without relying on working out to make up for extra indulgences. (Most of the time it's wine)
  • vanbib
    How's everyone doing? It's been a struggle for me the last few weeks. I'm down 2.6lbs since my last weigh in for a total of 12 lbs lost since beginning of January, but I've been off track. Getting back on track now. Never thought I was an "emotional eater", but I've been paying close attention to this in my life. I realize that if I do not have a plan or have not prepared for the day...forget it...I'll go for the unhealthy stuff. I have a long ways to go and would like to drop another 8lbs quickly....Here I go!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Hi I'm 41, single mom to one. Lost 46 lbs back in 2012, gained it all back, and am now restarting my journey more determined than ever. I am also an emotional eater, but I've gotten it under control in the last couple of weeks.
  • NewBeginningBren
    NewBeginningBren Posts: 36 Member
    47 here. Lost almost 16lbs on my way to losing 100.
  • london1227
    london1227 Posts: 2 Member
    vanbib wrote: »
    Been on before and back again. Been 23 days now and back on MFP for 18 days. I'm a Mom of 3 - 5, 10 and 13, work full time and well you know how it goes. Looking to connect with more for support. I'm here to help and willing to give it. Join me on my journey and I'll join you on yours. I'm doing this for myself and no one else. I've got 50lbs to go and I'm down 6.4 as of today. Look forward to this year! Let the <3 begin!

• I've tried this once before after having my youngest...he's now almost 3; can't really call it baby weight anymore :(
    I'm 42, looking to lose about 45-50 around work, grad school, babies and life. Would love some friends to keep each other motivated and push each other. Please feel free to add me!
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    I will be 40 the first of April :neutral_face:
    I really am nervous! I would love the friend support from those of you who are loyal to logging everyday and has an open diary! 1200 calories would be great also!