Binge Eating

Has anyone here ever been diagnosed with Binge eating? Have you gone through treatment? If yes/no, what have you done to change your eating habbits.

I Binge eat a lot!!! Its been happening a lot lately and I am so so so sick of it. I feel so guilty after. I stopped having foods that I binge on at my place but that has not helped much, I just binge on other stuff... I want to, NEED to stop. My entire day is consumed by thinking about food :(

Replies

• Has anyone here ever been diagnosed with Binge eating? Have you gone through treatment? If yes/no, what have you done to change your eating habbits.

I Binge eat a lot!!! Its been happening a lot lately and I am so so so sick of it. I feel so guilty after. I stopped having foods that I binge on at my place but that has not helped much, I just binge on other stuff... I want to, NEED to stop. My entire day is consumed by thinking about food :(
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    I am a binge eater, only self-diagnosed. This site has helped me a lot!!! Log EVERY thing you eat...EVERY THING! It really opened my eyes to how much I was consuming and even though I have still slipped up, it helps me STOP when I see what all I'm eating. Good luck to you! Just take it one day at a time.
  • I am a self diagnosed emotional binge eater. Totally with Losing_It, log everything you eat. I just got some really great advice for this topic, instead of binge eating, set up little rewards each day or each week for good behavior. It can be low-fat pudding or a healthier version of your favorite bad food. Also, when your about to eat the entire pantry like I want to, think of all the time that it will take to log what you eat :smile: . I'm lazy and that's a pretty good bit of discouragement for me :bigsmile:
    Good luck, we can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • arutherf
    arutherf Posts: 29 Member
    I too am a self-diagnosed binge eater. I'm having a real hard time trying to find ways to fix this problem. Like you, I feel so guilty after I eat way more than I know I'm supposed to. It's a train reaction for me - once I'm in the kitchen, I can't stop opening cupboards and popping every ounce of food I can get in my mouth. I know I overeat at every meal, and my diet consists of mainly snack food. Being a full time student and facing the stress of finals and Christmas, makes dealing with food the only thing taking my mind off the stress! I think about food all the time, and my life is controlled by it.

It's actually comforting to know that I'm not alone. Knowing there is someone else out there who is facing exactly the same problem as me, makes it feel fixable. If anyone has a solution, then please share it with us so we can fight the urge to binge.

I'm sorry I can't offer you any advice, but I can offer support by trying to overcome this problem together!
  • Anyone have any suggestions on self control?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Anyone have any suggestions on self control?

Yes, read this thread posted by our wonderful Fitness Chick. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/31501-why-am-i-eating-this-by-geneen-roth

:flowerforyou: