What is the worst thing about being fat?

Replies

• Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    People judging you negatively just because of your looks. I've lost about thirty pounds and the difference in the way people treat me is amazing.

Also, clothes shopping taking up so much time for so little reward. Again, this has changed so much with the loss of weight, I actually love to shop now.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    rhysmondo wrote: »
    People's comments:

"Alright, Slim?"
    "Christ! You're fat!"
    "Are you pregnant or something?"
    "Sweating a bit aren't you, mate?"
    "I swear you're getting wider"
    "Jesus! What have you been eating?!"

Those are just some from family and colleagues.

I guess I should use it as motivation but really it just depresses me.

Your family and friends are VERY mean people. I'd flip them off and tell them to shove it.

• lennonluvr
    lennonluvr Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2015
    I've been obese all my life.

I hate pictures.
    I hate looking in the mirror when I'm naked.
    I hate that my husband thinks I'm sexy when I can't see myself as that way.

I want am going to change all of that. I just don't want to be embarrassed by myself anymore.
  • Not being comfortable in my underwear - my bra rolls up and digs in, my knickers inch off and get stuck under my belly and then I'm trying to discretely hoik them back up in public. I remember when I was thinner, I never had to adjust my underwear, or worry that when I bent over, my knickers would roll down off my belly. My bra strap stayed in position on the side, and I never had to pull it back up over the blob of flat underneath my armpit. Being comfortable in your underwear has got to be the best thing ever.

• for me the worst things about being overweight are the restrictions it puts on you !
    I don't like being restricted and this includes clothing, activities, not wanted my picture taken all that stuff.its just annoying and unnecessary and I'm doing something about it
  • shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    So many things... But I think the one that bothered me the most was the feeling that people were always looking at me. I mean I already have anxiety issues, so being overweight was just adding to that.

• bornforbattles
    bornforbattles Posts: 63 Member
    isn't being fat the worst thing about being fat?
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    MOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fknnnn hate them
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Clothes. I used to be a size 26 about 15 years ago and that was my aha moment, when the size 26 jeans were too tight. I got down to a size 12 and loved buying clothes. Now I'm a size 18 again and look at those size 12 & 14's and am amazed at how small they look.

Since this recent weight gain, I have pain in my knees when I go up the stairs. At first I thought, oh just getting older. Nope - it's the weight.

And frankly, I'm not feeling too sexy or confidant these days, so I avoid going to singles outings. First because I have nothing to wear, second because I think no one will give me a 2nd look.

I have also noticed that I take less pictures of myself.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Chub rub. Last summer for the first time in about 5 years I didn't have it.

2rduw4m.jpg

It's nice to use body glide for chafing caused by a wetsuit or sports bra instead.
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    -pictures (esp when you have to stand next to a skinny person)
    -excessively sweating
    -swimsuits (haven't bought a new one in six years)
    -chub rub
    -wedgies
    -high heels making my feet hurt after less than five minutes
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Knowing I'm shortening my lifespan. Also, not being able to wear sexy lingerie, lol.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    mostly I was just tired all of the time...couldn't keep up with my kids...got winded walking the dog around the block, etc. Being a former athlete, it was bothersome to suck so much *kitten* all of a sudden.
  • Jewels416
    Jewels416 Posts: 42 Member
    I can relate to so many of the other comments. Will add...worried about losing my job because who would hire me looking like I do now? Also worry about my dying younger than I should because of my weight/health. It's nice to know that you're not alone and other people in this group can relate and we can support each other as we take steps to improve our health
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Jewels416 wrote: »
    I can relate to so many of the other comments. Will add...worried about losing my job because who would hire me looking like I do now? Also worry about my dying younger than I should because of my weight/health. It's nice to know that you're not alone and other people in this group can relate and we can support each other as we take steps to improve our health
    As a hiring manager, I can tell you that unless I was hiring for a face-to-face sales position, I never considered a person's weight or appearance. And, I know it's sort of *kitten* that I have for sales positions, but I used to work in hi-tech and most of our sales reps were attractive women because their looks *did* have an impact on their ability to get appointments and sell to the buyer.

Anyway, I have seen overweight people rocking professional attire. Of all the things to worry about, I think this one should be low on the list unless you are so overweight as to be immobile and unable to do a job. It makes me sad that this is even a concern. :-(
  • For me it's never going to the pool or beach in the summer because I'm too self-conscious. Also the feeling of failure for not being able to regain control of my own health.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    I dread someone from my past seeing me now. I had such a nice body as a teen and younger adult, that if someone from back then saw me now they would be shocked. I skipped my 10 year reunion even though I really wanted to go because I was too embarrassed.

Also, the edema in my calves makes my legs hurt so bad after walking like 6 blocks.

Two words: double chin.
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    edited February 2015
    Thighs rubbing together.
    Put a pair of pants on today only to realize there's a hole from the friction of my thighs rubbing. :/
    that double chin that makes it uncomfortable to lay down.
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2015
    1) Being uncomfortable in a lot of clothes/ hard to shop
    2) Working up a sweat quicker than most.
    3) Things just seem slightly more difficult to do with excess weight.