2/7-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=30.5 miles total
    2/7-Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles-32.3 total miles
    2/8-WAH -5 Fat Burning Miles=37.3 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited February 2015
    Sunday (February 8th) 30 minutes walking in the park with DH and our dog.

0 DVD miles.

30 outdoor minutes :heart:.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes other DVDs or exercise

February goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes 5-6 days a week.

So far: 12 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 30 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 0 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 30 minutes other DVDs or exercise

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    30.5/85 . I complete 4.5 more miles at the park today. I am hurting so I will play tomorrow by ear. My back is not handling the return of power walking outdoors nor are my shins. I tried to pace myself but my legs just take over.

Take care PinkyPan, and I hope that your back and shins are doing better tomorrow. Those legs need to listen to you better :o .
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    34.5/85 I complete Just Walk Power Walk Classic 2 miles twice this morning. I was not sure if I could do more than 2 miles and then hit repeat. Done and sore.
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    I just stumbled upon this group and decided to google Leslie Sansone. She has a couple of YouTube videos so I tried one out this morning Walk Indoors! Intervals... It kicked my butt and it was only 15 minutes. Of course I don't normally throw in all the extras when I am walking. Walking is one of my only exercises that I try to stick to and it is easier for me. Weighing 335.8 lbs. as of this morning, does not make exercise easy but I am committed to getting healthier and losing this weight!
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    Any suggestions for a beginner?
  • PinkyPan1
    35.5/85 I just purchased The Walk Away The Pounds DVD and of course I had to try it out. I completed the first mile. I am looking forward to adding this dvd to my walks!
  • 83/192 (2189)
    7 miles today. Today I listened to
    Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, by Robert Pirsig

Excerpt: One of them, a girl with strong-lensed glasses, wanted to write a five-hundred-word essay about the United States.
    He suggested without disparagement that she narrow it down to just Bozeman.
    ... She had tried and tried but she just couldn’t think of anything to say.
    ... He told her, "Narrow it down to the front of one building on the main street of Bozeman. The Opera House. Start with the upper left-hand brick."
    She came in the next class with a puzzled look and handed him a five- thousand-word essay on the front of the Opera House on the main street of Bozeman, Montana. "I sat in the hamburger stand across the street," she said, "and started writing about the first brick, and the second brick, and then by the third brick it all started to come and I couldn’t stop. They thought I was crazy, and they kept kidding me, but here it all is."
  • lidenalex
    lidenalex Posts: 283
    edited February 2015
    carrie1829 wrote: »
    Hi Carrie, The best advice I can give you is to get the book
    Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results, by Stephen Guise. Read the book and start with small mini challenges. Forget about loosing the weight fast. I'm sure you have tried that before, and it didn't work out, like it didn't work out for the rest of us. Instead get little better day by day. Small challenges, small wins, that is the way to lasting success. :D
  • texasgardnr

Welcome to the February 2015 Walk Challenge, carrie. My advise would be to start easy and work your way up to more miles and faster, more challenging walks over time, whether with a Leslie walk or walks outside. You will increase in energy and endurance and strength over time. Every step and every minute will get you that much closer to your health and fitness goals. You can do this.

• texasgardnr
    Monday (February 9th) 30 minutes walking in the park with my dog.

0 DVD miles.

30 outdoor minutes :heart:.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes other DVDs or exercise

February goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes 5-6 days a week.

So far: 12 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 60 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 0 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 30 minutes other DVDs or exercise

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member

Hi Carrie, glad you found us. I hear the determination in your "voice". Good on you for committing to getting fit. This is a great bunch of people who are very encouraging. This monthly challenge has really helped me stay on track with my goals. Best of luck in your your journey. :D

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    18/56
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,434 Member
    February-85
    2/1-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk-=4 miles
    2/3-Vivofit tracked-3 miles=7 miles total
    2/4-Just Walk-Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan-5 miles=12 miles total
    2/5-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=16 miles total
    2/5-Vivofit tracked-2.9 miles=18.9 miles total
    2/6-WAH-5 Day Slim Down -5 miles=23.9 miles total
    2/6-Vivofit Tracked miles-2.6-26.5 miles total
    2/7-WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=30.5 miles total
    2/7-Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles-32.3 total miles
    2/8-WAH -5 Fat Burning Miles=37.3 miles total
    2/8-Vivofi Tracked 1 mile=38.73

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited February 2015

Hi Carrie,
    I started at a very unfit 235 lbs so I know how hard it is to get started. I thought for sure I'd have a heart attack, but I am still here so trust me, you will be fine. :)

You did the 1 mile walk. :star::star: It takes a while to get the movements to come naturally, but they will-just keep plugging away at it.

Once you get one mile down, try to play the mile over again and see how far you can get. Once you can do 2 miles comfortably (basically 30 minutes), I'd do the START! Walking at Home American Heart Association-3 mile walk. The first time (47 minutes!), you will be sure you are going to die-but again-you don't! :laugh: I stayed on that one for a long time and did it every other day until my weight was down far enough that I thought I could handle more. You will know when that is.

The key when you weigh a lot and are working your way down is to be kind to your knees, feet, and back and I found Leslie was the only one who did that for me, yet challenged me at the same time. We will cheer you on and suggest great titles for you as you drop the pounds and become more fit. Alex's suggestion is a great book to start small and build. You can do this and you will be shocked at how great you will feel after a few months! Just Walk Walk Walk Walk Walk as Leslie says!

27715887.png
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Welcome carrie1829 15 minutes is a great start. Look for a dvd/program that is geared for a beginner. I like the Walk at Home 5 Day Slim Down dvd because it's 5 different walks, supposed to be one for each morning of the workweek. The first 4 are 14 minute miles and the 5th is a 12 minute mile.
  • PinkyPan1
    39.5/85 I completed the Walk Away The Pounds 2 Mile Fitness Walk and the 2 Mile Walk Away Your Stress.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    As you all might have seen I am new to this group well today I did my new DVD walk to part music I was going to stop at the 2 mile point this was kicking my butt, lol. I actually took the DVD out and walk around a little to cool down put the DVD back into so it would reset to the beginning but it pick up right were I left off so I continued and made it through the 3 mile dance/walk. Leslie is great it is fun and it does go by quick. I need that push I never push my self. I am pleased with myself. Lol. Hope I don't break my arm patting my shoulder. Haha.
    2/10/15 3 mile walk/dance to party hits
  • PinkyPan1
    As you all might have seen I am new to this group well today I did my new DVD walk to part music I was going to stop at the 2 mile point this was kicking my butt, lol. I actually took the DVD out and walk around a little to cool down put the DVD back into so it would reset to the beginning but it pick up right were I left off so I continued and made it through the 3 mile dance/walk. Leslie is great it is fun and it does go by quick. I need that push I never push my self. I am pleased with myself. Lol. Hope I don't break my arm patting my shoulder. Haha.
    2/10/15 3 mile walk/dance to party hits

Good for you! Bravo!

• 90/172 (2189)
    7 miles today also; 90 miles in 10 days. Well I have 82 miles left in N Carolina. Today I listened to
    Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, by Robert Pirsig

Excerpt: He never reached the mountain. After the third day he gave up, exhausted, and the pilgrimage went on without him. He said he had the physical strength but that physical strength wasn’t enough. He had the intellectual motivation but that wasn’t enough either. He didn’t think he had been arrogant but thought that he was undertaking the pilgrimage to broaden his experience, to gain understanding for himself. He was trying to use the mountain for his own purposes and the pilgrimage too. He regarded himself as the fixed entity, not the pilgrimage or the mountain, and thus wasn’t ready for it. He speculated that the other pilgrims, the ones who reached the mountain, probably sensed the holiness of the mountain so intensely that each footstep was an act of devotion, an act of submission to this holiness. The holiness of the mountain infused into their own spirits enabled them to endure far more than anything he, with his greater physical strength, could take.