30 lbs to loose. Anybody like me?

Replies

• helga859 wrote: »
    I'm 41 and need to loose 30lbs. I'm at my heaviest weight ever!
    . Me too! 41 and I'm 6.5 lbs. away from my pregnancy weight over 20 years ago. Ugh! Time to make some changes.

• jackiebh42
    jackiebh42 Posts: 14 Member
    42 going on 43.. Want to lose 30 (preferably by summer but I'll take 30 by the end of the year.... 40 even better :smile:
  • jenszzz
    jenszzz Posts: 5 Member
    I want to lose 20-40 lbs! Add me- I need motivation.
  • I would love to join:) I am 43 and a mom of 3 boys! Need & want to lose 40 - 45#. I have list 7# last month. Still plugging away at it!!
  • torenees
    torenees Posts: 20 Member
    44 yrs old . 12.5 yrs post gastric bypass , gluten intolerant also. 28 lbs to lose........help. I started out 318 in 2002 got down to 147 and kept it off for a long time until this past yr. I wana join yall please. I need all the support I can get.
    ps. just had heart stent put in 7 weeks ago. please count me in.
  • mnewell0293
    mnewell0293 Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2015
    I will be 47 in a few weeks and this is MY LAST weight loss journey! I am sick of this yoyo thing. Done WW, done Aikens, done done done...MFP is working great...Started 1/2 of this year and lost 9.5 lbs in January. Superbowl gained 1.5 back but back on track. Would love support!

I need to lose 40 total...but really want 45-50 so I have some wiggle room...
  • I'm turning 46 soon and have 30 lbs I would love to lose. Gained it all after having a baby at 41. Am fatter than when I was 8 months pregnant!'
  • jackiebh42
    jackiebh42 Posts: 14 Member
    Turning 43 at the end of next month & need some buddies for support & encouragement. My weight yo-yos between 140 to 160. I need/ want to get to 130/135. Have embraced the fact that I can't be as skinny as I was before I got married & had kids. Things just drop off slower & with A LOT more effort :s BUT I'm happy not being 110-120 lbs again, I just want to be healthy, fit & fab in my 40s right into my 50s.
    Also had kids later in life (2 under 5) & I want to be healthy so I can stick around much longer & watch them grow.
    So... 'Friend' me ;) for support & accountability.
  • I'm 46 and want to lose 30 pounds. Tried before and lost 15 then gave up and gained it back. I'm tired of not liking the way I look. My birthday is next month and would really like to lose some by then!!
  • wannabthin1831
    wannabthin1831 Posts: 31 Member
    We have to have a plan and be accountable to it. Wanting to lose is not enough- I found for myself that without a plan for nutrition I just kept yo yo ing. I got back down to 148 after having my son 12 yrs ago but the stress of working f/t as a single parent teaching and going to college p/t for another degree and ongoing family court battles has killed me since then . Now that the kids are older its time to prioritize my own self care and health .
  • 252sarahw
    252sarahw Posts: 31 Member
    Wow. Little did I know when I reach out and started this thread that there were so many like me. Every time I check in there are 10 more of you. For you newbees, feel free to friend me. I will cheer you and I push you (nicely). Hope you will do the same for me. My diary is an open book. Nothing to impress here. I have a a fit bit to keep track of my daily activities. I eat real foods and do my best to stay under my calorie goal. I try to walk a minimum of 10K steps or 5 miles per day. My plan is simple. Eat what I want in (moderation) and keep moving.

Oooey! So I must confess. I have been bad, bad, bad not walking yesterday and today. I have however logged all my food like a good girl, but I've been lazy and I'm feeling guilty after checking in on this thread.

So.... butt off the couch and on the treadmill.

Cowgirls don't cry.

262i8g4lpyw0.jpg
  • mommyjill2005
    mommyjill2005 Posts: 3 Member
    I am right there with you! 3 pounds down and about 40 to go!
  • wannabthin1831
    wannabthin1831 Posts: 31 Member
    I want to report on a non scale victory. I thought my hips on my pants were feeling looser and I discovered I've lost .8" from my hips in 2 weeks. I didn't expect that much of a change ! Onwards and downwards!!!!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    I want to report on a non scale victory. I thought my hips on my pants were feeling looser and I discovered I've lost .8" from my hips in 2 weeks. I didn't expect that much of a change ! Onwards and downwards!!!!

Great job! That's an amazing feeling. Keep up the good work. (*)

• 252sarahw

Great job! Now that's the way to Cowgirl up.bgwf3m159gij.jpg
  • 252sarahw

Oh and ladies remember this...

fpe54tlodcef.jpg

• Hi! I am 48 going on 49 and one year to 50!! Gotta lose the weight and need some friends! I got a fitbit too! add me if you want! I would love it!
  • beachbum4044
    beachbum4044 Posts: 57 Member
    KLTrant wrote: »
    42 and 30 lbs to lose. I'm MOST tired of the roller coaster I've lived for the last 20 years. 15-20 lbs up; 15-20 lbs down and so and so on. I'm ready to lose it forever! HELP ME!

Roller coaster for over a decade now. time to get off! but I wish it was only 15 to 20. Im going for 40 off and a life style change. no diet here.

I am with you....lifestyle change not a diet! I have made small goals to get on track with eating. I meal plan now and try to prep for the week on Sunday. 13 lost, 20 to go....if possible I will push for another 5, but I will be ok with getting another 20 off and toning up.
  • beachbum4044
    KLTrant wrote: »
    42 and 30 lbs to lose. I'm MOST tired of the roller coaster I've lived for the last 20 years. 15-20 lbs up; 15-20 lbs down and so and so on. I'm ready to lose it forever! HELP ME!

I feel your pain. I am in the same place, time for this baby weight (my baby is 14) to be gone. Small changes each day are leading to go things.

• beachbum4044
    I weigh weekly and take measurements every other. It is allowing me to see results. I was amazed at the difference in my measurements in such a short time.