How do you get rid of toxins?

Replies

• srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    redheaddee wrote: »
    Am I the only one who noticed this post was from 2011?

Nope. It's what makes all of this so hilarious:
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They helped and she was proud to say the toxins had gone down.

February 8, 2015 3:44PM
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    So... your massage therapist used jazz hands on you for 4 years and now you're less toxic? Cool story.

in-the-zone.gif
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited February 2015
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    moijo705 wrote: »
    green tea.. liquorice root tea.. lemon tea and apple and cranberry juice. Recommended by my Docs.

let me guess you go to a naturepath ...??? or whatever they are called/spelled...

srs question. Is that the same as a homeopathic?

Naturopaths usually practice homeopathy, as well as a lot of other pseudoscientific practices. My sister-in-law saw one who hooked her up to a machine that he claimed would shoot energy through her body and allow the spirits to tell him what was wrong with her. So. :indifferent:

Ahh- thank you for the explination...

....And I really hope it wasn't a high voltage of electricity... :#

Did you know that high voltage is less fatal than low voltage? Low voltage shocks are most likely to cause defib of the heart, which is very difficult to correct since your heart is still beating, but not well enough to keep you alive. High volt shocks are more likely to temporarily stop your heart, at which point your heart is more likely to resume natural rhythm on it's own. Learned it in my one electrical engineering class and I was shocked (get it)! Note: I'm not talking lighting strikes here...

This doesn't bode well for my future of frequent Repetitive Nerve Stimulation diagnostic tests. :s

:laugh:

Either way, I think you'll want to avoid pretty much all (accidental) shocks since all can be fatal haha. Except static electricity caused from rubbing a balloon on your hair or your feet on the carpet. That's just funny shiz. Especially when you do it to your 2 year old nephew who isn't sure you're a fun person. He learns that you ARE a fun person BECAUSE you made the balloons all stick to his head.

And um.. obviously if it's administered by a real doctor, you don't need to be concerned. I was talking about accidental shocks.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I think the Reiki "healers" are some of the most derpiest of the holistic, alternate "medicine crowd."

Let me put my hands on you and heal you.

lulz

My MIL is a Reiki Master..... she sends her healing energy to me long distance, from NJ to Alabama.
    :s:p:p:p
    As long as she stays up north, I'm good. B)

Lmao! That made me LOL!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    srslybritt wrote: »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. They helped and she was proud to say the toxins had gone down.

I wonder how much that masseuse fleeced the OP out of with toxin release treatments.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    dbmata wrote: »

I wonder how much that masseuse fleeced the OP out of with toxin release treatments.

Honestly, I'd be hiring a new MT. It took her FOUR YEARS? Criminey.
  • dbmata
    It could have been mercury due to thimerosal, lead due to acid dew, and PCBs from flouridated water!

heh.
  • dbmata wrote: »

Not very much since the toxins "had gone down." Down, but not "out."

The fleecings will continue!
  • dbmata
    well, beemers don't pay for themselves...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    There are so many inappropriate jokes in my head right now.
  • There are so many inappropriate jokes in my head right now.
    You must have toxins prohibiting you.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    This was hilarious. Really brightened my Monday afternoon.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    You people need to brush up on your history. In much the same way as your village doctor was also your barber and your dentist was also a religious interrogator in medieval Europe, a masseuse and nutritionist were combined professions in North America in 2011. Eventually, those fields separated into differing professions with separate skillsets – I think this happened in mid-2012.

so you regularly get medical advice from a massage therapist??
    Woosh!

:smiley:

Yep.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    I'm just going to go ahead and post this for the lurkers, about the essential oils thing and doTERRA specifically.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/doterra-multilevel-marketing-of-essential-oils/

Guilty -- I've been lurking. New here, but not to losing weight. I love this thread. I love this crowd. I usually hate internet forums because of the B.S. people buy into. I usually end up saying something that gets the moderator after me. So I'm just snorking at your snarking. Please don't ever let me respond to a post about Drs. Phil or Oz.

I would have ESC ESC ESC right out of here if this group had taken the toxin flushes, high colonics and naturapathy stuff seriously. You all ROCK. (Well, most of you.)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    FIFY :bigsmile:
    Thank you <3 That's the Super Mega Colon Cleanse killing off all the toxins for ya.
    I can say without a doubt in my mind that if a bunch of zombies came after me... my colon would cleanse itself quite nicely and very quickly.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'm just going to go ahead and post this for the lurkers, about the essential oils thing and doTERRA specifically.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/doterra-multilevel-marketing-of-essential-oils/

Guilty -- I've been lurking. New here, but not to losing weight. I love this thread. I love this crowd. I usually hate internet forums because of the B.S. people buy into. I usually end up saying something that gets the moderator after me. So I'm just snorking at your snarking. Please don't ever let me respond to a post about Drs. Phil or Oz.

I would have ESC ESC ESC right out of here if this group had taken the toxin flushes, high colonics and naturapathy stuff seriously. You all ROCK. (Well, most of you.)

:flowerforyou:

Former lurker here, so I get it. Welcome!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member

You go right ahead and respond to Drs Phil and Oz posts, (especially because you are smart enough to know how to pluralize those nouns.) I have a hunch you will find agreement here.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

Well, I do use a mix of peppermint and rosemary essential oil when I soak my feet in epsom salts. Does a good job of keeping the stink away. Of course I buy mine from a company that sells soap making ingredients so I get them really cheap (well except the rose essential oil, that stuff is $30 for 1/4 oz. Good thing I only need 2 drops in each batch of cold cream I make).

Health benefits? Maybe tea tree oil because it is a known antiseptic but I don't use it because it irritates my skin.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »

Well, I do use a mix of peppermint and rosemary essential oil when I soak my feet in epsom salts. Does a good job of keeping the stink away. Of course I buy mine from a company that sells soap making ingredients so I get them really cheap (well except the rose essential oil, that stuff is $30 for 1/4 oz. Good thing I only need 2 drops in each batch of cold cream I make).

Health benefits? Maybe tea tree oil because it is a known antiseptic but I don't use it because it irritates my skin.

Peppermint oil is great for keeping ants away. I mix up my own cleaning spray with vinegar, Dr. Bronner' s peppermint soap, and few drops of peppermint oil and spray my counters down with it.

I put a few drops of tea tree oil in my kids shampoo, it's supposed to keep lice away, and our grammar school is a breeding ground for those suckers. I don't know for sure if it works, but it doesn't hurt anything and we haven't had lice yet.

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Toxins....

1246756-toxicavenger2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.