What to have with eggs? (that's not bread)

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    tortillas!
  • SusanDLP
    SusanDLP Posts: 36 Member
    Spinach, bacon, salsa....
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    ^ My breakfast is usually bacon , eggs + spinach with hot sauce mmm ^_^
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Either jack up those eggs with some lean protein (chicken breast or 99% lean ground turkey) and a butt-ton of veggies (maybe even some cheese), or serve it with sweet potato fries or kale chips more lean protein on the side. Heck, I think poached or fried eggs (with runny yolk) is great over things, like leftovers and brown rice and sauteed veggies.
  • goat cheese and grape tomatoes into an egg (scrambled or not) served on a bed of spinach (raw, baby is 1st choice) and a side of Mary's Crackers if you need the crunchy texture.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited February 2015
    bake the egg in a Portobello mushroom cap with seasonings or sauces of your choice. I like it with a bit of pasta sauce and spinach under the egg. A bit of feta cheese is nice too.
  • ln1507
    ln1507 Posts: 2 Member
    Joseph's Flax Oat Bran Pita Bread is good - I toast it and use it as my toast. Low in carbs.
  • kellystjohn105
    kellystjohn105 Posts: 104 Member
    Canadian bacon - only 20-40 calories depending on the brand.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Vegetables, fruit, meat, cheese, beans

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited February 2015
    I ❤️ breakfast. Here's what I've paired with eggs recently without bread.
    Sautéed kale. Arugula and tomato scramble. i6dsm7de30y4.jpg
    Country ham. Omelette - arugula and tomato. ckj9u122i3h9.jpg
    Avocado and roasted red peppers. Omelette - Parmesan, arugula, and tomato. Hot sauce. rzkpsqbjo6mr.jpg

I may have an obsession with arugula and tomatoes. :)

Also, small corn tortillas crisped up with a over medium (or easy, however you like) egg on top. Some queso, avocado. Yum!

You can do a ton with eggs. Rice, ramen, etc.
  • oh my goodness those pics look fabulous
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Turkey bacon or turkey sausage

those aren't actual things....
  • sw0312
    sw0312 Posts: 30 Member
    Mini egg bakes:

I mix eggs, chopped ham, pico de gallo, chopped raw spinich, chia seeds, shredded cheddar, cayenne pepper and a bit of salt. Put in a muffin pan (sprayed with Pam). Bake at 380 until lightly browned on top.

I save individual portions in the fridge - perfect under 100 cal snack or a couple for lunch!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    With poached eggs, just about any meat is good. Just had one with Carolina pulled pork and a sweet potato yesterday. Really good.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    I love to fry eggs and put them over an avacado and put some sirache over them before workouts!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    I've see eggs cooked in an avacado before...never tried it though.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Steak!
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Ham.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    I need to make a trip to the store. So I have been having eggs often lately. Last night I had a over easy egg over spinach with a sprinkle of Parmesan and 1 bacon slice crumbled.

This morning it was a egg scramble with sauteed red bell pepper, onions and mozzarella. I also had a breakfast sausage link. Both were delicious!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Bacon, sausage, avocado, spinach and mushrooms etc. I have recently been having a fried egg with smoked salmon and an arugula salad on the side.