Fall '15 babies

poke987
poke987 Posts: 348 Member
I know it's early for lots of us... but fall babies? I'm just about 9 weeks with our newest little one. Im due october 18th. I have a 5yr old and a 2.5 yr old and we have full custody of my husband's 2 (12 and 15) I'm slightly anxious as all of a sudden my nausea is greatly reduced. It's been bad for a few weeks; i had been constantly snacking and eating a ton more carbs than I'm used to as that was all that kept me going. Still fighting the fatigue, so I've got that... but not feeling well had a slightly reassuring component as well. Had a missed miscarriage before my first so I fight those demons. Been to the GP but need to schedule my OB intake. Having lost 75 lbs in the past 2 years, I'm hopeful to have a much more healthful pregnancy. Plan to continue running (training for a half marathon in may) and try to gain less, but I'm aware that my body may have other ideas! As of Monday (weigh day) I'm at the top end, but still within my 5lb maintenance window, but I know I've been less active and certainly eating more... so some of that is real gain for sure. Now that I feel a bit better, I'm hoping to get back to better food choices.

Replies

• dchoplin
    dchoplin Posts: 9 Member
    I'm due October 1st with my first! Using MFP tot make sure I get enough nutrients and don't gain too much
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Hello, are you 9 weeks or due October 18th? as Im 8 weeks now and due 23 Sept? Its hard not to be anxious, Im the same. I have a 2.5 year old boy too. Sounds like you have a busy house.

Helen

• STAYSEAH
    STAYSEAH Posts: 11 Member
    October 12th- first baby. I started gaining weight (despite my attempts) before I became pregnant, so I am really wanting to make sure to safely keep my activity level up. I eat fairly healthy, mostly needing to watch my sugar. Miscarried in August, so trying to balance activity with rest, and watch my stress levels.
  • poke987
    Hello, are you 9 weeks or due October 18th? as Im 8 weeks now and due 23 Sept? Its hard not to be anxious, Im the same. I have a 2.5 year old boy too. Sounds like you have a busy house.

Helen

Hum. Good question. Wonder why the difference in dates?! By my last period (12-12) I'm due Oct 18th, by my ultra sound measurements (which were yesterday; measured 9 weeks 1 day) due Oct 15th... i wont be the official 9 weeks until saturday. don't have my OB intake until next week... the testing was ordered by my GP. She says we go with the period dates... so i guess I'm technically 8 weeks 5 days!

Yes, a busy household here! Thankfully my older ones are pretty helpful with the younger ones!
  • gbutler811
    gbutler811 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 9 weeks and due on September 16th - my first baby so extremely anxious to get past the 12 week mark and make sure everything is ok. I'm already overweight so really hoping to not gain too much. I've actually lost 8 lbs over the last 9 weeks - lots of nausea but no actual sickness - just loss of appetite.
  • szarlotka717
    szarlotka717 Posts: 85 Member
    I'm about 8 weeks and due September 22nd with my first. In the 9 months before I got pregnant, I regained about 7-10 pounds of the 40 pounds I lost in 2012-2014, so while I'm still technically at a healthy weight for my height, I don't want to gain more than 25-30 pounds since I'm close to the border. I'm also vegetarian, so I'm hoping to keep using MFP to track nutrients.

• helenmelon29
    poke987 wrote: »

Helen

Hum. Good question. Wonder why the difference in dates?! By my last period (12-12) I'm due Oct 18th, by my ultra sound measurements (which were yesterday; measured 9 weeks 1 day) due Oct 15th... i wont be the official 9 weeks until saturday. don't have my OB intake until next week... the testing was ordered by my GP. She says we go with the period dates... so i guess I'm technically 8 weeks 5 days!

Yes, a busy household here! Thankfully my older ones are pretty helpful with the younger ones!

Umm I really dont know, my last one was 17 Dec. Due 23 Sept but I havent had a scan (so fingers crossed all ok) as Im in the UK and you dont have one unless a problem until 12 weeks.

The 2 posts above me seems simular to my dates.

Helen
  • helenmelon29
    poke987 wrote: »

Helen

Umm I really dont know, my last one was 17 Dec. Due 23 Sept but I havent had a scan (so fingers crossed all ok) as Im in the UK and you dont have one unless a problem until 12 weeks.

The 2 posts above me seems simular to my dates.

Helen

Ive just put the dates into the the calculated I was given to use (last period 12/12/14) and came back as 18 September. Im in the Uk so they maybe do it differently?
  • poke987
    Yeah, maybe UK dates don't take into account the 2 weeks in the last cycle where you had not actually conceived yet? Weird. I'll go double check in a calculator to be sure.... ha ha. I just did 2 online calculator things... both gave me SEPT 18th! Lol! Maybe my GP said Sept and I heard Oct? Or maybe she did say Oct? Too funny. Good thing I see the OB today! Thanks for pointing it out... guess I should have run a calculator myself... lol!
  • poke987
    Oh man. I liked the idea of an October baby better... transitioning all the other kids to school, and welcoming a new baby. Hum. Should be interesting!
  • poke987
    As confirmed by my OB today... a Sept baby! Thanks helenmelon29

And, insult to injury... i now qualify as a Mother of advanced age. Sigh. I blame my dating error on dementia.
  • helenmelon29
    lol I was thinking it was maybe to do with different dating methods. My little boy starts school (morning or afternoon only in Sept) so I will be able to take him for first few weeks before baby here (hopefully). Then will need my Oh or mum to help for a few weeks as think I will have a repeat c section but will find out soon I guess.

I will send some friend requests.

Helen
  • poke987
    I'll be a c-section too. My 7th grader will be headed to 8th grade, which is at the high school... my 5yr of starts full day kindergarten, and my little guy will start preschool (3 morning a week, 2.5 hrs) so we will have a week or 10 days to make all that transition before the new little one! Only my older bonus daughter wont be changing schools our starting something new. She does play high school field hocky... my best friends daughter also plays, so i hope they can do a lot of the driving in the afternoons! Thankfully my parents are close enough (45 mins) and DH is self employed, and makes his own schedule so I'm sure we will be fine!
  • helenmelon29
    You are going to have busy few weeks. We are lucky as both sets parents are close by, plus sister who can help when not at work. My OH is self employed too- a farmer. He doesn't get much time off but hoping if it's a planned section, he should be able to manage his work/ time a bit.

I have first midwife appointment on Monday - just to check in. Hoping all goes ok.

I'm starting to feel much better so hoping to start some more exercise etc soon.
  • emmadawson79
    emmadawson79 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm due 3rd October but date will probably change at my scan . I really don't want to pile on the pounds and have a "i can eat what I want '' attitude like I did with my last (almost 3yr) . My calories was set at 1350 , I'm not sure if I should keep it at this or change it, what's everyone else doing ? I'm currently 148lbs (10st 8) . I'm in the UK too. Xx
  • poke987
    Was that number set for a loss? Seems kind of low... to me, but I'm maintaining now (after a 70ish lb loss) on about 2000 calories a day. I don't track, but weigh twice a week and allow myself a 5 lb window... 135-140. For months and months now, I'm between 136-138 without much "dieting" and an exercise routine I've maintained from when I was counting calories. I keep a running tally in my mind thru the day, I know pretty much what I eat and what the counts are... My plan is to just keep on keeping on. My nausea had other plans for me and for a few weeks I snacked constantly and ate a lot more carbs than I usually do. It's better now, and I'm back to my normal diet for the most part, with an added snack here or there. I was 148.4 this am, so I'm happy with that, at almost 10 weeks I'm still in my "window" my goal is to stay at or around 140 for the first trimester. I'm 35 and 5'5 for the record.
  • helenmelon29
    Hia Emma, congrats - are you feeling ok?

I have changed mine to maintance which is giving me about 2000 cal. I was eating 1650. Im 5'7 and 11 stone 3 (157) My goal was 10 stone 7 (147).

Last time I gained about 30lb and lost 20lb within the first couple of months or so but struggled to lose the last 7/10lb. I hoping for a simular gain this time. Im starting 7/10 lb heavier so not sure how that will effect it.

I think as time went on and we were going to try for another I wasnt bothered about the extra weight (still healthy weight, size 12 UK) but this time as dont want anymore after this one - I will hopefully try harder.

Im not really recording my food at the mo but not eating badly and defo within 2000 cal. Once i have scan etc and all is okayed (fingers crossed) Im going to force myself back into a routine!

Helen
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    My due date is October 26th. I just found out the other day :)
  • helenmelon29
    My due date is October 26th. I just found out the other day :)

Congrats.

• shannonlm8
    shannonlm8 Posts: 10 Member
    Congrats mamas! Hi, I just joined the group. I am a little over 4 weeks along and due October 30th. This is my first pregnancy so I am excited to learn a lot and read other moms' stories! Right now I am at a healthy weight so I am just trying to maintain for the first couple months and stay active.