HELP!! Drinks for bloating?!

xo_aprmn
xo_aprmn Posts: 29 Member
Does anyone have any recipes for drinks that help with bloating?! I'm desperate here. Help a sister out!

Replies

• NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Water... and take a good #2 Voila
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    For three weeks I have been drinking a mix of 8 ounces of unsweetened cranberry juice, 24 ounces of water and two tablespoons of flax seed meal. I am not bloated all the time anymore. I don't have hardly any gas at all and my bowel movements have become much more regular. It's tart, but it works. I don't recommend sweetened cranberry juice at all. I used it once in a pinch, and it was NOT good. Good luck!
  • Applepop21
    Applepop21 Posts: 10 Member
    Peppermint tea can help with bloating.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    edited February 2015
    Water, lemon juice and a dandelion root tea bag together in a water bottle.

Edit: It's not the best tasting but it's also not the worst tasting :)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    2nd on the peppermint tea
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    100% cranberry juice mixed with water. Trader Joe's sell 100% CJ @$3.99 per bottle.

2 ounces CJ with 7 ounces water or 2 ounces CJ with coconut water - works really well.

This is my go to for water retention.

Costco sell their own Kirkland brand of coconut water @$9.99 per box of 12.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Kombucha
  • xo_aprmn
    Oh wow, thanks guys! Really appreciate it :):)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Kefir fermented lactose free milk 1/2 cup in the morning and i also drink a shot of Organic apple cider vinegar in the afternoon, avoid any gas bearing foods.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    edited February 2015
    You might wanna look at your diet and see what foods are contributing to your bloating. Prevention is the best medicine.
  • kr15ty_k
    kr15ty_k Posts: 26 Member
    Tons of water with lemon slices. Takes a day or two to kick in for me. If its a week or so before your cycle and its really bothering you, you could try Midol PMS.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Also - keep in mind that getting gas might be your bodies allergic reaction to a specific food. Keep track of what you're eating and it will be helpful in determining what is causing it to happen!
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    chamomile tea can help if u have trapped gas it can help it find its way out if u know what I mean.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    I find ginger a great remedy for bloating, I put fresh ginger and lemon slices with some boiling water, let infuse and drink either hot or cold, and it's delicious!
    Failing that.. Ginger beer!
  • Check out Vitacost online and take a look at the reviews for Sonne's #7 (detoxificant) and Sonne's #9 (intestinal cleanser)! The two of those work so well together and really help with bloating. I love it!
  • shoupa
    shoupa Posts: 2 Member
    Water and lemon & green tea!
  • JacquiH73
    JacquiH73 Posts: 124 Member
    Water with lemon or apple cider vinegar. Also cutting down on your sodium intake and making sure to drink at least 8 cups - that's 64 fl oz of unadulterated water - per day can help prevent bloating.
  • i use to have terrible bloating problem as well .. now i've started drinking homemade fruit
    shakes atleast 5 days of the week and my bloating has decreased alot!
    orange juice
    rasberrys
    bananna
    strawberrys
    blueberrys
    Very tasty and it works for me .. idk if it'll work for you but can try it ..
  • also i drink green tea to help too but it does'nt do as great as my shake :#
  • xo_aprmn
    jchenks wrote: »
    Also - keep in mind that getting gas might be your bodies allergic reaction to a specific food. Keep track of what you're eating and it will be helpful in determining what is causing it to happen!
    Good point, I'll keep an eye out for anything that might be not sitting so well