McDonalds

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I like McDonalds. Ate it 5 days a week while losing weight just cause it was easy, on my way home from bike rides, and the calorie counts are there to track. I still have it probably once a week now.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I turned my back on that place so many years ago. I do not like anything they have and don't think I ever will. Any time I've eaten it I've spent the next 2 hours feeling like I swallowed gravel.
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    McDonald's is gross and gives me diarrhea. It's a good motivator.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating McDonalds if you want it and track it and make it fit in your day. I know people in fantastic shape that finish a burger right before heading into the gym. It's all about planning.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    I hate to admit it, but I loves me some McDonald's!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Just this last week, I had a monstrous craving for their $1 vanilla cone. Well, now it's over $1. Boo, I say.
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    I went through the drive through today and ordered a black coffee and a bag of fruit.... times have certainly changed for me (previously a quarter pounder with cheese girl)
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    I actually really like their salads. That is what I get when the family goes there.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I like their southwest grilled chicken salad. It's yummy enough it doesn't even need dressing. Occasionally, during TOM I get a small fries.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    This thread made me really want a big mac..... Gunna go get how many cals and macros I have left for the day
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    Just try to think about how angry you are at McDonald's for replacing the ever so delicious Chipotle McBistro grilled chicken sandwich with the not very tasty CBO. I hate when restaurants get rid of my favourite thing. And sheesh, the number of restaurants that have deleted reubens is the WORST.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    mkakids wrote: »
    loganboo2 wrote: »
    I went through the drive through and got my husband two double cheeseburgers and cheese sticks. I didn't get anything for myself. At home he left the cheese sticks on the counter and I ate one. After fiding out it didn't taste nearly as good as I thought, it made me never want to eat it again! I beat myself up about it but I said "hey it was only a cheese stick and not 2 burgers, fries, and a soda!" After that I just don't crave it anymore! Lesson learned! From having no sugar and limited carbs my taste buds have changed dramatically! Just keep healthy stuff ready and in reach!

Cheese sticks?! At McDonald's?! I need to move.

This was my thought too.

+1 What are these magical McDonald's cheese sticks of which you speak?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I can't remember the last year I had that was not McD free. If offered I'd say 'No, thanks.' If pressed, I'd say 'Seriously, no, that stuff is crap.'.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    This thread made me really want a big mac..... Gunna go get how many cals and macros I have left for the day

I have not had a big mac in years. Close to a decade I think. I used to get them all the time. They are so good.
  • loganboo2
    loganboo2 Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2015
    Cheese sticks?! At McDonald's?! I need to move.

Lol! I know. When I saw them my mouth was watering! Believe me though they still don't taste very good. I'd rather have some ballpark cheese sticks! Okay I'll stop, hehe.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I have not had a big mac in years. Close to a decade I think. I used to get them all the time. They are so good.

Agreed- I can't remember the last time I had one...or even the last time I had McDonalds
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    I only ever go there for ice cream, and I don't even remember when I last had a meal there.
    I used to visit Hesburger (similar to McDonalds) quite often, that was until I found out that the meal I used to have (chicken burger) was over 1000 calories!! I was quite shocked to say the least. I used to have the meal once or twice a week maybe, but now I had one about a month ago and it didn't even taste as good as it used to, so I'm rather glad I got over that habit.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Hamburger should not be grey after cooking. I rarely order a burger when eating out, let a lone from McD's. The only thing that I have ordered from McD's in the past 3 years has been a cola or ice creame cone.
  • NicoleS9
    NicoleS9 Posts: 62 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Agreed- I can't remember the last time I had one...or even the last time I had McDonalds

It is funny how when you go back and try something ages later, it just doesn't taste good anymore or like you remember it. I bet if you tried something from there now, it wouldn't live up to the memory.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't like McDonald's so it's easy! I've had McDonald's twice in the past 10 years I think, both times when I was pregnant. I think I had a chicken wrap.

Just say no, or take in something from home. It'll probably be a lot nicer.

I'm a teacher and I've never seen anyone eat McDonald's in school. Then again, we get half hour for lunch, barely enough time to go for a wee and boil the kettle for a coffee! Maybe things are different in England....